Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

The Sailor Moon transformation sequence, incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Sloth Life posted:

Episode three: and now I'm singing "get your baps out" for absolutely no reason . . .

The Goblin Queen costume covers up a significantly more of her body than the comics….

Kudos on Bishop giving the speech about time travel being screwed up so they don’t have to think of a reason why Cable doesn’t know more about him last time they met

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

People have been making various comparisons to other animated stuff but to me it most resembles this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otaq2tmNMM

That's not meant to be critical, I really like that short.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Gaz-L posted:

They were always implied to be Logan's shitposter buddy*

If I recall correctly, his first appearance in the original series is Jubilee stumbling across him while he watches television and shapeshifts into politicians to put stupid words in their mouths.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What was Sinister's original power? Was he like Sylar in Heroes where he could eat people's brains to copy their powers?

Now he just seems to have the power of plot to be a creepy jerk.

Sinister has some kind of shape-shifty powers which boils down to some Bene Geserit Prada-Bindu poo poo which makes him functionally immortal. They're not a mutant, Apocalypse shared some of his alien tech (which promoted Apocalypse from "shapeshifter" to "immortal shapeshifter".

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
The scene with beast opening the elevator door during their hallucinations would fit right into one of those "previously on x-men" videos.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MuscaDomestica posted:

The Goblin Queen costume covers up a significantly more of her body than the comics….

Mm, just a bit.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

McSpanky posted:

Mm, just a bit.

I love it when comic book creators let their fetishes shine through.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lammasu posted:

I love it when comic book creators let their fetishes shine through.

What's the fetish here, "I like naked women"?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Pinterest Mom posted:

More like naked people...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Don't get me wrong. Claremont's gonna Claremont. But I don't know how much "scantily-dressed redhead" counts as a fetish.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Inkspot posted:

Don't get me wrong. Claremont's gonna Claremont. But I don't know how much "scantily-dressed redhead" counts as a fetish.

The redhead part?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
There is a difference between scantily clad and being a sexy sorceress.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I'm not qualified to lead such a discussion, but we clearly need to have one about the differences between kinks, fetishes, and paraphilia.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Inkspot posted:

I'm not qualified to lead such a discussion, but we clearly need to have one about the differences between kinks, fetishes, and paraphilia.

Can you at least step on my groin while we have it?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Ay, papi.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Claremont has a pretty obvious thing for "nice girl gets mind controlled into a horny babe."

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Desperado Bones posted:

The bare skin distracts from her squinty eye.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

Skios posted:

If I recall correctly, his first appearance in the original series is Jubilee stumbling across him while he watches television and shapeshifts into politicians to put stupid words in their mouths.

"Night of the Sentinels" was the only VHS of this show (other than "Days of Future Past") that I owned, so pretty much every one of Morph's one-liners is ingrained in my mind from endless rewatches.

"Mall violence, film at eleven!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Desperado Bones posted:

Johnny Storm, no!

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Johnny Storm, no!

That's Havok. After Cyke abandons her and she turns crazy evil, Maddie starts hooking up with the brother.

ObiwanSeanobi
Jun 30, 2023

Gin_Rummy posted:

"Night of the Sentinels" was the only VHS of this show (other than "Days of Future Past") that I owned, so pretty much every one of Morph's one-liners is ingrained in my mind from endless rewatches.

"Mall violence, film at eleven!"

Likewise, but with "Enter Magneto". No Morph, but Logan, Magneto and Beast have great lines in that ep.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

So, what are y'all alternate names for when you find out you're a clone? I learnt from this show I need to have one ready-to-go.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kiminewt posted:

So, what are y'all alternate names for when you find out you're a clone? I learnt from this show I need to have one ready-to-go.

She did come up with that pretty fast, yeah.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
George Cloney.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

swickles posted:

George Cloney.

This is really great

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Nikuumatic

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

kiminewt posted:

My name is Adam, so I'd just pick some other mythological first man.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Desperado Bones posted:

I feel like this thread would appreciate this other thread:

https://twitter.com/amadcartoonist/status/1773486651588882783?t=EpTvmBR4_i5YtANa38jZ3Q&s=19

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Clone name: Jimmy Scrambles.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Madelyne hooking up with Nate Grey, a version of her son from an alternate timeline, sure is something

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait, I thought that was Havok?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Look, I've already had to come up with a new name for myself before. If I find out I'm a clone, I'm just going the Thomas Riker route and going by my middle name.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I changed my name when I left home and it was extraordinarily hard.

But now, I'm old I reckon I could come up with a dozen new names no problem.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, I thought that was Havok?

Yes, that is Havok, but she hooked up with her son from another universe too.

I don't even wanna hear the pretzel brain explanations of why that wasn't wrong.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The weird thing I found about changing my name was, like, training myself to respond to it. Madeline's gonna have a few awkward moments where someone shouts "Jean" and she instinctively responds lol.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

McSpanky posted:

Madelyne hooking up with Nate Grey, a version of her son from an alternate timeline, sure is something

[/url]

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
how did Goblin Queen pull off that Sailor Moon transformation anyway? Like that's neither telekinesis or telepathy..with the dying it all black and stuff. I assumed the materials was her old school uniform that spilled from the dresser.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sufficiently powerful mutants are indistinguishable from magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

GateOfD posted:

how did Goblin Queen pull off that Sailor Moon transformation anyway? Like that's neither telekinesis or telepathy..with the dying it all black and stuff. I assumed the materials was her old school uniform that spilled from the dresser.

It was mostly telepathy and she was being really dramatic about it. She's actually just wearing her normal outfit the entire time.