Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Edit: Nevermind this is the TV thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I love Nova's unhinged McAvoy energy!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Finally watched the last episode and lol at Xavier interrupting a fight to give everyone a lecture about colonialism

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rarity posted:

Finally watched the last episode and lol at Xavier interrupting a fight to give everyone a lecture about colonialism

It's an extremely Xavier thing to do and I love it. I was a little iffy about the new voice at the start but it's grown on me fast.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mooseontheloose posted:

How else will Strange get hockey scores?

How else will Strange get some strange?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I am not going to link to the clickbait article, but Dan Stevens said he would be up for reprising his role as David Haller in an X-men movie.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

An actor said they'd like to get more work??

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kiminewt posted:

Yeah, this kind of article always drives me nuts.

"Would you like to get paid?"
"Yes."

Cue countless articles retelling this non-story.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

kiminewt posted:

I think his career has gotten big enough that he doesn’t actually need to make a cameo in an X-men movie where the majority of the audience won’t recognize his character.

So it’s not that he wants to keep paying his rent, but that he liked the tv show enough to want to play the character again.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Oasx posted:

I think his career has gotten big enough that he doesn’t actually need to make a cameo in an X-men movie where the majority of the audience won’t recognize his character.

So it’s not that he wants to keep paying his rent, but that he liked the tv show enough to want to play the character again.

I don't think his career is this big tbh. Stevens is great, but he's pivoted to doing a lot of voice roles at this point since the pandemic which are pretty much his bread and butter. Plus the situation in Hollywood, being what it is, means that very few people have anything like job security.

He's a consistently working actor, but he's a working actor.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Oasx posted:

Open Source Idiom posted:

I don't think his career is this big tbh. Stevens is great, but he's pivoted to doing a lot of voice roles at this point since the pandemic which are pretty much his bread and butter. Plus the situation in Hollywood, being what it is, means that very few people have anything like job security.

He's a consistently working actor, but he's a working actor.

I really don't think he's a household name. He's very much, "That guy from early Downton Abby," or maybe, "The guy who played The Beast in the live action version," to most people, in the latter one you barely saw him. He'd jump at the chance to cameo in a Marvel movie to up his reputation.

Oh my god, he was in Godzilla X Kong? Yeah, he's not being picky.

Michael Caine has a lot of quotes about being a working actor, but one of my favorites is this one. "First of all, I choose the great roles; and if none of these come, I choose the mediocre ones. And if they don't come, I choose the ones that pay the rent."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

I really don't think he's a household name. He's very much, "That guy from early Downton Abby," or maybe, "The guy who played The Beast in the live action version," to most people, in the latter one you barely saw him. He'd jump at the chance to cameo in a Marvel movie to up his reputation.

Oh my god, he was in Godzilla X Kong? Yeah, he's not being picky.

Michael Caine has a lot of quotes about being a working actor, but one of my favorites is this one. "First of all, I choose the great roles; and if none of these come, I choose the mediocre ones. And if they don't come, I choose the ones that pay the rent."

There's also "I haven't seen Jaws 4, but I have seen the house it built for my mum and it's lovely".

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://x.com/XMenUpdate/status/1782805710608146792

Prediction is she's gonna fight Captain America based on that trailer we got with Cap's shield and all.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rogue doing a loving Rider Kick wasn't something I knew I needed in my life.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Ya! Rogue vs the loving world!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

She's doing flips now, too. I hope this means we get Ghost Gambit.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

NikkolasKing posted:

https://x.com/XMenUpdate/status/1782805710608146792

Prediction is she's gonna fight Captain America based on that trailer we got with Cap's shield and all.

i love this show. it might be a bit janky but wasn't it always?

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Zoobtro posted:

i love this show. it might be a bit janky but wasn't it always?

The 90s run was a million times jankier

And awesome in spite of it

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Rubber Chicken posted:

The 90s run was a million times jankier

And awesome in spite of it

I wish X-Men ‘97 was released on Saturday mornings. Then it would be perfect.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, this kind of article always drives me nuts.

"Would you like to get paid?"
"Yes."

Cue countless articles retelling this non-story.
This is like the 8 times I have seen someone ask Stephen Dorff if he would like to be in the new Blade movie

It's like, no poo poo, why would he say no?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I know they need to move on from Jackman but he’s so fuckin good.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Invalid Validation posted:

I know they need to move on from Jackman but he’s so fuckin good.

Even Jackman very badly wanted to be done after Logan because he's almost 56 and his body can't take the training (read: steroids and insane amounts of dehydration to look so jacked) regimen anymore. He quite literally only agreed to do Deadpool & Wolverine because he and Reynolds are longtime friends and he liked the story pitch.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Timby posted:

Even Jackman very badly wanted to be done after Logan because he's almost 56 and his body can't take the training (read: steroids and insane amounts of dehydration to look so jacked) regimen anymore. He quite literally only agreed to do Deadpool & Wolverine because he and Reynolds are longtime friends and he liked the story pitch.

I think that's why he's wearing the yellow jumpsuit for this one. I don't think we'll get the shirtless (or naked) scene from him that requires the dehydration routine he's done in the past. And I'm fine with it. He's happy, and we're happy getting the yellow suit.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The next Wolverine needs to be short and have a Canadian accent. Also, I don't care who plays MCU Xavier but please don't make him British.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Spacebump posted:

The next Wolverine needs to be short and have a Canadian accent. Also, I don't care who plays MCU Xavier but please don't make him British.

Eminem casting wildcard

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Spacebump posted:

Also, I don't care who plays MCU Xavier but please don't make him British.

Jack Black, got it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Spacebump posted:

I want Daniel Radcliffe Wolverine.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

swickles posted:

This has come up more than once, and honestly, I don't hate it.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

swickles posted:

Cedric became Batman, why not Harry becomes Wolverine.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...wait, is THAT why people pitch Radcliffe? Because he's short?

I thought we were past this "Triple H should play Thor" bullshit of casting on aesthetics?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

...wait, is THAT why people pitch Radcliffe? Because he's short?

I thought we were past this "Triple H should play Thor" bullshit of casting on aesthetics?

He is also a really good actor and loves doing stuff out of his comfort zone, he would probably kill it. Plus, he has good crazy eyes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

swickles posted:

He is also a really good actor and loves doing stuff out of his comfort zone, he would probably kill it. Plus, he has good crazy eyes.

Oh, I know he's great, I just assumed that there was some movie or something he'd done that made me people think he had the right energy or could pull it off, not "is right age, is short".

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I mean there's also this

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, I know he's great, I just assumed that there was some movie or something he'd done that made me people think he had the right energy or could pull it off, not "is right age, is short".

Guns Akimbo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gaz-L posted:

His stone cold 100% accurate portrayal of Weird Al?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The greatest biopic ever made.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Rubber Chicken posted:

I mean there's also this

drat, Daniel.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

howe_sam posted:

His stone cold 100% accurate portrayal of Weird Al?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Well he did play Captain America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rubber Chicken posted:

I mean there's also this

#ThatsMyLogan