Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

kiminewt posted:

So, what are y'all alternate names for when you find out you're a clone? I learnt from this show I need to have one ready-to-go.

You gotta double an existing vowel in there in a confusing way.

Nikumatic posted:

Nikuumatic

This person gets it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Should’ve changed her name to Ben Riley.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

McSpanky posted:

Sufficiently powerful mutants are indistinguishable from magic.

Her mutant ability is anime.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
When The Phoenix was Jean, she would make everyone's costumes appear using her amazing psi powers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Loving the show's commitment to speedrunning all the peaks of the Claremont run because they know the show even existing is a miracle

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Rarity posted:

Loving the show's commitment to speedrunning all the peaks of the Claremont run because they know the show even existing is a miracle

If all they did is recreate all the Claremont stories I’d be pretty happy.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

1st AD posted:

I see someone's a fan of the Neo.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Now they just need to continue the 90’s Spider-Man and have Peter find MJ and stop there and they live happily ever after. Period.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

1st AD posted:

Give me Brood Saga!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
They better do the greatest of Claremont’s stories, the Battle of Sydney. Wanna see the opera house levelled and those aliens detonate the Jean Bomb in glorious 4k.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

GateOfD posted:

Now they just need to continue the 90’s Spider-Man and have Peter find MJ and stop there and they live happily ever after. Period.

Marvel writers senses go off: Someone gave Peter Parker a happy ending we need to stop that right now.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

should make a mini-series.
you know that show "100 ways to die"

but its "100 ways Spider-man dies"

and it just goes thru all the oneshot/alternate stories where he dies, cause they just love killing him as a martyr in every non-canon what if story.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

MuscaDomestica posted:

The Goblin Queen costume covers up a significantly more of her body than the comics….

Kudos on Bishop giving the speech about time travel being screwed up so they don’t have to think of a reason why Cable doesn’t know more about him last time they met

Magneto in a loincloth and nothing else, then lying in a bloody heap with one artfully exposed man bap. Equal opportunity perving

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

The speed this show is going through things, the season finale is going to be all the mutants moving to Krakoa.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

IUG posted:

The speed this show is going through things, the season finale is going to be all the mutants moving to Krakoa.

House of M is a 10 minute segment and Schism is 2 whole episodes. Because they haven't established there are non Mutant superheroes in this world, I wonder how they'll do Avengers Vs X-men?

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

House of M is a 10 minute segment and Schism is 2 whole episodes. Because they haven't established there are non Mutant superheroes in this world, I wonder how they'll do Avengers Vs X-men?

Spiderman, War Machine, Cap. America, Doc Strange and others have made cameos and such before. The show never really focuses on them, but they exist in the world.

And technically, X-Men is apparently meant to be in the same universe as the concurrent Spiderman series. So everyone that appeared there exists in the world too.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

On the one hand, Goblin Queen definitely needed two episodes.

On the other, they've only got 10 episodes to play with, with no guarantees of any renewal when they were arc'ing these out. So yeah, I'd probably speedrun as much as I could too.

We're definitely going to head to space at some point, if only so they can bring back Professor X before the credits roll.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DiscoJ posted:

Spiderman, War Machine, Cap. America, Doc Strange and others have made cameos and such before. The show never really focuses on them, but they exist in the world.

And technically, X-Men is apparently meant to be in the same universe as the concurrent Spiderman series. So everyone that appeared there exists in the world too.

Oh yea if you count the old show they had, also Ms Marvel.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Narcissus1916 posted:

On the one hand, Goblin Queen definitely needed two episodes.

On the other, they've only got 10 episodes to play with, with no guarantees of any renewal when they were arc'ing these out. So yeah, I'd probably speedrun as much as I could too.

I heard they were commissioned for two seasons of eight episodes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

I heard they were commissioned for two seasons of eight episodes.

It's 2 seasons of 10 eps each.

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's 2 seasons of 10 eps each.

Wait they’re already confirmed for a second season?

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Some executive saw Gambits crop top concept art and immediately green lit season two

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

What was the general opinion of What If... Season 2? I watched the season over a couple of days and while it was alright, I think S1 was a lot stronger

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FlamingLiberal posted:

What was the general opinion of What If... Season 2? I watched the season over a couple of days and while it was alright, I think S1 was a lot stronger

I thought it didn't have as many good episodes as season 1, but the ones I liked were as good as the best of season 1. Like, a slight dip in overall quality, but not majorly so. Also, if you don't like Captain Carter its not for you.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

S1 was much much stronger.

Don’t have a problem with Carter but don’t see her special enough to be the face of the What If series.

For me S1 was a 9/10

S2 a 6/10

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I thought there was just too much Captain Carter. I get that they like to use those multiverse characters like her and Strange Supreme, but I felt like this season in particular she got overused.

My thoughts overall-

Ep 1(Nebula)- This was fine, I like the mood of the whole thing and Nebula being essentially a cop in a noir setting was a decent idea

Ep 2 ('80s Avengers)- It felt like the most effort was put into this, the last episode, Marvel 1602, and the Kahhori one. I'm amazed that they are able to get so many giant names back for these episodes.

Ep 3 (Avengers Tower Die Hard)- Not bad but I don't think a lot of the jokes landed and they were not exactly subtle with the Die Hard references. It is the return of Justin Hammer, which was nice.

Ep 4 (Iron Man meets Thor Ragnarok)- Always nice to get Jeff Goldblum back as the Grandmaster, but it just felt too much like a retread of Ragnarok.

Ep 5 (Captain Carter sequel)- Speaking of retreads, this was too much like Winter Soldier (the movie). I had a similar problem with how the first Captain Carter episode is just them doing Cap 1 with minor changes.

Ep 6 (Kahhori)- Probably the highlight of the season. Making an original character not from existing canon and a story that had no connection to anything either was a smart choice. Just something different as a palate cleanser from other episodes.

Ep 7 (Hela)- My least favorite. I was not a huge fan of Shang-Chi to begin with, so an episode that merges some of the backstory of Thor Ragnarok with Shang-Chi was just kind of boring. Good Hela is not a very exciting premise.

Ep 8 (Marvel 1602)- This was more fun than the earlier Captain Carter episode at least. They also got everyone back for their roles minus Steve, Tony, and Natasha.

Ep 9 (Strange Supreme finale)- Good but not nearly as strong as the finale from Season 1 with Ultron. I'm also not really buying the idea that Strange was able to restore his universe by making it so that he ceased to exist. The universe was already dead and they repeatedly said that there was nothing that he could do to change that in the original episode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1774461153302786309

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tenebrous Tourist posted:

Wait they’re already confirmed for a second season?

The second season has already been written. Probably just waiting on the animation.

They are working on the third season now, probably after they find a new showrunner.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This is probably my most anticipated project other than Deadpool vs. Wolverine that they are currently making

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

gently caress yea

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh that rules, hell yeah.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Oh man hadn’t heard that - that is awesome. The two of them had such fantastic chemistry and the natural friction between their two ethos is a great foundation.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'm glad he's back, he was fantastic in that role. Crazy to think how many times they just crushed it on casting. Daredevil, Kingpin, Punisher, Cage...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Defiance Industries posted:

I'm glad he's back, he was fantastic in that role. Crazy to think how many times they just crushed it on casting. Daredevil, Kingpin, Punisher, Cage...

How dare you leave out Jessica Jones and Killgrave! v:mad:v

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Defiance Industries posted:

Crazy to think how many times they just crushed it on casting. Cage...

hell yeah

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
One rumored plotline about Punisher is about him going after cops who put his emblem on their cars. Not sure how big a part to his appearance that plot point might be, if real. But it's a great thing for Marvel to acknowledge and take on. I know they've done that in the comics already.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Teek posted:

One rumored plotline about Punisher is about him going after cops who put his emblem on their cars. Not sure how big a part to his appearance that plot point might be, if real. But it's a great thing for Marvel to acknowledge and take on. I know they've done that in the comics already.

:pray: Oh please, oh please, oh please.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1775238014945694016

Shirley they could make a little game to go along with this and make some good money on the side please

edit nvm, sony hold the rights

Zoobtro fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 2, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

still feel they could make their own flash game that people can play for a few minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I'm surprised we haven't seen more companies cash in on the resurrection of the beat-em-up. Streets of Rage 4 and Shredder's Revenge both made good money so the audience is there. Just because Konami's not making games anymore doesn't mean there's not other talented studios you could give a fairly small stack of cash to and get a decent ROI.

Make a game, just call it X-Men '97, give it a digital-only release and sell it for $30. People would be all over it.