Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Gaz-L posted:

Has Ms Marvel even started shooting? (I think we can be sure She-Hulk hasn't if only because Ruffalo would've let it slip by now)

It has, they showed footage in the trailer for it. (And they’ve been seen filming if that was even a question of being real)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It also sounded like the episodes are shorter, but no exact run time was given that I’ve seen yet. Maybe they are sticking with an actual 23-24 minute sitcom length? I understand the pastiche hook, but that would kind of suck if all nine(?) episodes are like that. Hopefully they push closer to 30 minutes.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

:lol: It seems a Spaniard voice actor might have spoilered Evan Peters' role.

Not really? he did dubbing for him previously, he could just be being reused. Not necessarily for the same role. I know some actors have their go to dub replacements, could just be being done for WandaVision since that’s his most famous dub voice there.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

massive spider posted:

And snarky expert lady is really bad at spotting the obvious read that Wanda looks visibly disturbed by intrusions and that is relevant and potentially dangerous

Well, yes and no, the episodes SWORD were viewing were edited for content. They were specifically unable to see some things around intrusions. From one scene where someone was watching the Westview show, it also looked like a scene in the episode we *didn’t* see. I think Wanda was outside talking to someone on the street? Someone may need to verify. Which means the SWORD agents were seeing a weird long form live stream of a 50s episode, then the 60s, etc...While we got a further edited down sitcom length version along with stuff the agents specifically didn’t see.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Would love for the series to get fully West Coast Avengers up in this bitch by featuring Wonder Man. Throw in Tigra too.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Thanks! I super enjoy the speculation but was worried that maybe I was just outright spoiling myself.

Thanos flies around in a helicopter. Sorry, finale spoiler.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

In terms of Malcolm in the Middle airing in 2000, I've seen people also reference The Adventures of Pete & Pete, which had a similar aesthetic and setup as Malcolm in the Middle. It ran 93-96.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Spacebump posted:

You might be one to something. What if that is the big appearance and Pietro is the Super Skrull. That could also explain him briefly looking like dead Pietro. Maybe a bad faction of Skrulls is trying to learn earth magic. Wanda not being able to control Pietro like the others might be because he isn't human? Or did she freeze him with everyone else? I forget if he was knocked out or frozen.

This might also be a way to introduce Hulkling into the MCU. That's a pretty good way to tie that in and his eventual relationship with Billy. Have him be related to a Skrull faction that's beginning to cause trouble.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

The episode's stylistic choices were absolutely in tune with the 90s.

For those who didn't have Nickelodeon in the 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wKh6siqIPc

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 12, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Herb seemed to have a hex busting awareness this episode similar to Agnes last. They also had the scene together talking in private with him later cutting into the wall. If Agnes is Agatha Harkness, I wonder if Herb was actually her partner in some way? Possibly an explanation for the Grim Reaper helmet in the episode 2 intro? A witch and the “ grim reaper” are a pairing that makes sense thematically. Wanda coming to the man known as the Grim Reaper (Simon Williams aka Wonder Man’s brother) would also finally possibly give a tie in reason for Wonder Man’s brain patterns being used to create/fix Vision, since the MCU changed Vision’s origin.

The helmet is probably just an Easter egg, but you would think they would Easter egg Wonder Man in some way, rather than his brother. They both have strong ties to Wanda and Vision, just seems like an extra jump to make.

Teek fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Feb 13, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if 9 is a 'feature length' episode, so 50 minutes or so, to match with the first week being a double bill.

Hope so, but Disney’s directive just seems to be, make the episodes as long as they need to be. With Mandalorian and Wandavision now more or less in the books, it seems like 25-30 minutes might end up being the norm for all these shows, with some episodes going out to 45 or so. Mandalorian kind of hit that for the S2 finale, but it doesn’t seem like they are shooting for anything longer. Someone with more knowledge than me can probably figure out what the page length estimate is for these episode scripts, 25-30 pages? Then some episodes end up being longer as some effects or action sequences stretch the time out.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Shuri is going to have to eat some of her brother's flesh to get power, which will also kick off Marvel Zombies in the MCU.

In all seriousness though, I'm sure they will have it be a plot point in the movie. Shuri is unsure if she's worthy to inherit the mantle through the movie, she can't replicate the plant, she then somehow sees a vision of her brother, in his spiritual panther form, and she's led to a secret glen of them growing in the wild, which she then takes and transplants some back to grow in the capital. Then at the end of the movie after she takes some, she is fully introduced as the new Black Panther, powers and all. Alternately you can swap out Shuri for any other character who actual takes up the mantle.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 15, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, because most of the Disney+ shows hit multiple territories at the same time, they just do one huge credits run, and not unique credits for reach country.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Really hoping for X-Men to be a big Disney+ and movie project.

Starts with a show, with the first five mutants under Xavier. Then goes into a movie introducing the Giant Size X-Men class, then into a season 2. You can then begin to spin off some other shows, like X-Factor for the original team, and New Mutants at around season 4 of the X-Men show. Show fallout or build events in the shows and use the movies to pay off those big milestones/events. You could easily get 15-20 years out of that. It would also be dependent upon getting actors willing to be pulling double duty on series to movies and back and forth. Thankfully the X-Men roster is so huge you could rotate new people on the regular if needed.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I had wondered if Disney+ was going to double up Star Wars and MCU series releases on the same day of the week, seems like that will be the case, with both Bad Batch and Loki hitting on Fridays. Unless Bad Batch ends up being way shorter than we think, or split into 6-7 episodes release phases, with a few month breaks in between.

Teek fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 24, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Oh, and there's a post-credit scene on this one too! Do you think the actor that Paul Bettany has always wanted to work with is Paul Bettany?

Seeing the ending, that was immediately my thought too. His interview comment now definitely seems tongue in cheek. lol. I also get the sense we were seeing Wanda somehow create herself from the stone. What that means, I’m not sure, possibly something to come, or was it something she did already when she was attempting to destroy Vision before Thanos?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

badjohny posted:

it was a letter from vision. It say "to grow old in. V." on it. Remember for her, vision died a few days ago. They both could have come to this town and picked out that home a month ago in her time. When the town was doing well and it was a perfect little town. Then the blip hit and it went to hell. She went there to see the house her and vision were going to live in and it broke her.

I'm assuming the deed was something actually bought by Vision off screen sometime around Infinity War, but I wonder if there's an outside chance it was a fake sent to her by Heyward. Some 4D chess move to traumatize her into using her powers even more. The only way I can see that is if there's more to him than being a mere human, meaning someone with more magical knowledge.

seaborgium posted:

About Agatha, It almost seemed like when they did the flashback and a couple of times during the episode that Agatha didn't seem fully in control of herself. I think I just misread her performance, but for a bit it seemed like she was trying to say she didn't want to steal the magic, or a few other spots where she it almost seemed like someone else was speaking as Agatha. It's probably just Kathryn Hahn, but it seemed that way to me.

I got some vibes of this as well, and technically we still don't know the full story of the deaths she's caused. We don't really know the nature of the witches trying to contain her. What magic was she going after? The Sparky death is the most blatant kill of an innocent, but even that is up in the air, since it was a random stray dog that came out of nowhere. Was it real? Was it transmuted from something else like the cicada? Is killing a bug a more "good" act than killing a dog?

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 26, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

For a post-credits to this season... Since Dr. Strange has been filming for awhile, seems like it should be fairly easy to film a coda using the Sanctum set. That way you get a little extra bang for their buck.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It’s not been established who is president in the current MCU. We know Obama was a one term president and replaced with Ellis. I’m guessing at some point someone is going to reference Trump, which would mean he followed Ellis and was another one term president as well. Seems like something which might be addressed in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

My guess for the finale:

Ralph is no one and never appears.
Pietro mysteriously disappears back to his home reality, with some vague allusion to him originally running to her aid when he heard her In trouble.
Vision fights Vision, with them eventually joining together.
Hayward is just revealed to be a normal human prick.
Wanda frees everyone, and then runs off, with some hint that Strange wants to track her down.
No other big cameos or new character hints featured.

As for the long shot season 2, if Vision does combine, but maybe not perfectly, it could set up some need to go see Simon Williams and finally tie in that aspect of the comics backstory.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Technowolf posted:

Depends on how good his regeneration is in the MCU and how bad the damage was.

I’m hoping he sticks around and they feature Kang fighting the Maestro in future set battles. Would be a fun story to play with if they can get Ruffalo to continue on.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

ixnay posted:

Heads up there are 2 mid-credits sequences this time

One at the normal time they’ve been happening, and one before the international credits.

so I guess the biggest unresolved thing is what happened to original Vision? I didn’t see him anywhere after the two figured things out.

Biggest tease was the Bohner thing, it had been speculated he was a normal citizen, surprised that’s what they went with.

No major cameos, other than the Fury Skrull representative. Guess that’s where we’ll see Monica in CM2.

The book being the Darkhold isn’t exactly a Shield tie in, as it does look different, but it’s something at least. Time to bring in Gabriel Luna for DS2.

I guess Wanda will eventually break reality in some way to get her sons back. Seems a decent plot hook to kick start things.

Teek fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 5, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

mcbexx posted:

So riddle me this:

If only the witch who cast the runes in a particular space can perform magic, how does Agnes stay afloat?

Wanda seems to gently float her down to the ground, so I get the sense Wanda was just keeping her there as the runes activated.

Really hoping for a WonderVision sequel, to bring in Wonder Man and Grim Reaper now that Vision hosed off to who knows where.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Expect this to now get regurgitated endlessly into the Twittersphere and click bait articles based on the inaccurate reporting of the guy who "listened" to the podcast on behalf of everyone.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The Assembled for WandaVision is about an hour. It doesn't really contain anything that hadn't already been talked about by the various production people already, but it's a nice general overview of the production. It's interesting how several of the crew refer to it as a movie a couple of times, so you get the sense that Marvel and Feige are really treating it like one.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Really no telling who he could be at this point. I don't believe Super Skrull was really involved with this, but it might be a way to set him up before a later FF appearance.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t think she is like a bad actress or anything, I just mean I literally hate every single character she plays and this was no exception. I figured she was included because she’s been a bit part character actress in every TV show for the last 30 years, I never thought they’d make her a big villain.

Its strange, because I saw a lot of people hyped about her appearance, but this was the first thing I am ever cognizant of seeing her in. I guess I just haven't watched her past shows. :shrug:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Have you watched into the Spider-Verse? She was Doc Ock.

Yeah, this was one I had heard her in, but even that I didn't connect.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

More Zemo dancing footage: It's about an extra minute or so, just repeated out an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nEzCv5u1O8

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 8, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Edit: Weird. Quoting someone before they edit their post, but posting after they edit automatically puts their edit into the quote? Is that new?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

About Sharon Has anyone brought up that her fake/real art dealing might be their attempt at a "subtle" tell that she's not herself and is a Skrull instead? The fake is out in the public as Sharon/Power Broker, while the real one is hidden away, i.e. locked up. Though I don't know if it's really their MO to keep the original somewhere alive. Maybe if they need to get intel from her or something.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Insert some tired Game of Thrones joke here:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/emilia-clarke-joins-marvel-secret-180147944.html

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

tsob posted:

Well, we know that Contessa is (or maybe was?) originally meant to appear in Black Widow, so it seems like that they're setting up a revived Hydra for Walker to be a pawn of at the very least and which the new Widow, Yelena Belova will probably be setup to come into conflict with. It's possible Sam will end up fighting them in Cap 4 too. It's also plausible Sharon is a Skrull, and this is the first sign of an embedded Skrull agent for Secret Invasion. We don't have any concrete answers as to when these things will pick up, but we definitely have a few reasonable assumptions. A lot of viewers of WandaVision probably don't pay enough attention to the rumor mill to know exactly where Monica and Wanda's stories will pick up too, so they're probably actually the same case for a lot of people.

At this point I'm hoping we're completely moving beyond Hydra, and instead Contessa and her ilk and the stories of Armor Wars, Secret Invasion, etc., will be a mix of Skrulls and/or the introduction of the MCU Serpent Society, which I could see growing out of the problems of the Blip. That then sets up the big bad to take down in Cap 4.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

About the TVA’s methods, They specifically call put two infraction counters, either pruning or a reset. We saw pruning identified by name both when the cart was removed from existence and when the affected timelines were removed. Loki specifically was sentenced to a reset though, what does that mean exactly? It doesn’t sound like a removal from time, instead some type of reset of his state? Unless I’m interpreting what they said incorrectly.

As for whatever happened, happened, I’ve heard some complaints but it makes sense to me? It’s not removing free will from the characters choices, it’s basically saying the TVA directors just got the complete script ahead of time. And that basically they want reality to stick to it as much as possible. I assume to prevent problems like Kang.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, the whole sacred timeline just screams set up for Kang/Immortus to me. He managed to win the last multiverse war and established the TVA to keep his future timeline on track because he knows he comes to power in it with no other time threats. Any deviation would potentially give rise to other travelers who could pose a problem.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Something from the foreign language credits, which I can't check at the moment, but I'm seeing screenshots of Lady Loki being identified as "Sylvie" for one of the foreign dubs, which was is probably an allusion to Sylvie Lushton, one of the incarnations of the Enchantress in the comics. Certainly seems like it could be some amalgamation of some of the ideas from the comics.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/loki-enchantress-sylvie-episode-2-credits

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

About whether Endgame matters in a sense Yes, it's important to also remember Kang is specifically from the 31st century, a future MCU where the events of Endgame already happened. After removing himself to be outside of time and ensure he's the one and only, it was dependent upon the events which lead to him to stay on that path. So yes, while he may have paved the road which led Loki and Sylvie to him, that was specifically just them as variants, and not really anything else from what was probably the normal time stream.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Sylvie said "I was pruned before you existed" to Loki, but how would that work?

I took that to mean that he became "him" when he became a variant. So he's existed for a few weeks, a month? While she has existed for years upon years as a variant.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, thought they got a decent Evans soundalike. Especially more forgiving since it's scrawny Steve and not buff Steve. Was honestly more surprised that pretty much everyone else were their original actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I skipped the intro cast listings and spent the episode thinking the Benicio sound alike wasn't that great, only to find that was him when I read the end credits. With that in mind, I guess I don't have much to complain about when it comes to sound alikes. Some of the actors end up sounding like themselves, and some don't. So when a voice does sound off, guess I'll just wait to see who it ends up being. And ultimately, like 13/15 of the characters had their original actors? That's pretty drat good.

As for the episode, it was a bit of a stretch for changes, but having read the comics back in the day, that's about par the course. They always seemed to go out to extremes with things wildly swinging. Either characters end up dying or making huge personality/decision changes.