Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I really liked WandaVision so far. Can't wait for the next episodes where inevitably more of the MCU bleeds into it we already have Stark Tech and HYDRA as well as a lot of probably not real hints to more people coming. Oh and Strucker got taken out in Agents of SHIELD back when the MCU and AoS were still coordinating.

More importantly this has me excited for future MCU stuff because it seems like they will employ a lot of other genres. I hope the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special references of flat out rips from the Star Wars Holidsy special, but good. Maybe we will see Groot's family and meet lady Groot and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Robot Style posted:

That would be a great time to bring back James Spader.

We already have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-_230SjbM

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

tsob posted:

Was it a location in Avengers 2 or something? Strucker's base?

Yeah, the base they invaded at the beginning and presumably where they were experimented on.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The MCU doesn't have mutants in it, so maybe instead of no more mutants, Wanda creates mutants as part of her break.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Boxman posted:

this is also a good thing because I feel like "22 minutes of sitcom, 2 minutes of metaplot" might get a little frustrating after 8 episodes (presumably the last one would spend time tying off ends).

I'm enjoying the sitcom, but that would be a lot of teasing.

I think starting next episode we will start seeing more bleeding in, and probably more of the perspective of those "outside" of Wandavision.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Edmund Lava posted:

SHEILD does from Agents of SHEILD but I doubt they reference it much. The show did its own thing after season two and usually implied Fury was stilled believed to be dead.

Fury literally shows up to say "I'm not dead" in AoS and saves the day. Fury just puts Coulson in charge, presumably to go form SWORD which is what he is doing in in the post credits of Spiderman Far From Home.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

cant cook creole bream posted:

So...
Considering that next episode will probably be set in the 80s,
would you say that Wanda and Vision are Married... With Children?

I think 80s will be like a Wonder Years or even Stranger Things type palette. If the the 80s is a Halloween episode where Wanda and Vision dress as there traditional comics costumes as is hinted by the trailer, I think those two come to mind most, despite Stranger Things not being an actual 80s show. I think thats speaks volumes for their production to make it look so natural despite having the advantage of modern tech.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Necrothatcher posted:

This sounds like it'd be a bit too meta for the MCU.

Maybe, but I could see them re-purposing the Grandmaster in such a role, like that is how he came back to power after Thor Ragnarok.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Phylodox posted:

They have worked together, though. The DaVinci Code.

Exactly what he would say to throw you off the scent...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Edmund Lava posted:

All the Marvel shows that have been announced are supposed to have these ridiculous budgets.

Was the crazy high budget idea before or after lockdowns started and it became clear theaters were gonna be among the hardest hit? I could see them pivoting to doing less films and more TV since they will be hamstrung at the box office for a while.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Geo Fixer posted:

It's very clear that Incredible Hulk started out as a sequel to Ang Lees Hulk but got turned into an MCU vehicle later on.

The only reason its even considered an MCU film is because RDJ does a cameo as Stark in the closing credits.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

Multiverse is a thing now, so if they feel like they can bring back this very popular actor.

btw I read around that RDJ is or was still sporting his Tony Stark beard, so many are suspecting he was (or is) filming for the TV shows or the movies.
Edit: He has a role in Black Widow's movie, there were rumors he was gonna have a come back as an hologram (think of new Jarvis but is now Tony). And of course, flashbacks can totally going to be a thing. And yes, I can see Chris Evans and RDJ back for Dr. Strange's movie.

Looming forward to more Hayley Atwell as Captain Britain.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Edmund Lava posted:

For real. She’s such a good fit for a weekly series I’d be shocked if Marvel Studios hasn’t at least discussed it.

They were developing it at one point even!

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-cinematic-universe-tv-shows-elsa-bloodstone-abc/

But that was when all the Netflix shows got got and Marvel Studios took over eveything, so it may come around again!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Maybe we will get Coulson Lives Part 2 3:

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1357392145032699907?s=19

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

I stopped watching AoS around the time Patton Oswalt got a role in it and forgot what season is that. :v: Guess is time to get back in to the show (I'm mostly interested in seeing their take on Ghost Rider).

Edit: OH! Secret cameo in Wandavision is Nicolas Cage as older Johnny Blaze.

Would have been end of season 1 when he first appears, but has roles in season 2, 3, 4 and 7.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm guessing it was probably season 2. I recall they had to relocate to a bunker or something, and Patton Oswalt's character had a twin? clone? It's been a while.

Yeah, I don't recall being bored by it (I tend to lose focus on activities/shows/movies, hence there's tons of shows I drop of my watch list even if they are good). So, I'm gonna take it easy 'cuz that's a lot of seasons. At least we are still in the middle of a pandemic so I got plenty of time.

Yes, he first show up in the last couple epsiodes of season 1. Then he plays the two other brothers throught season 2-4.

Edit: season 4 is the best by a long shot, although the 7th is really just fanservice in the best possible way. 2 is also really good.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also re costume talk the trailers have shown on multiple occasions she and Vision dressed in the classic costumes, presumably for Halloween, but I wonder if an "incursion" occurs while trick or treating, leading to her keeping the crown as she made it

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

With the way the acting head of SWORD was asking relatively forcefully about if Wanda has ever had a codename or callsign, it makes me think he's an imposter or possibly from another universe where she is known as the Scarlet Witch. It also makes me wonder if they'll finally give her the moniker. I can't recall if she was ever referred to as a Witch in AOU but I don't think she was.

Not directly, but Tony Stark does tell Banner/Hulk "that little witch is messing with your brain" in AoU.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Edmund Lava posted:

Hand washing wasn’t as much of a thing in the 80s. I’m not even joking, people didn’t start regularly washing their hands until the AIDS panic. Even surgeons didn’t regularly scrub in until the 70s.

Thats not entirely true...while hand washing wasn't in official guidelines until the 70s and 80s ( keep in mind said guidelines were only like a couple years old at the time) the practice of washing hands and scrubbing had been around for a century earlier, and as of the early 20th century was considered a must.

Edit: as for public health, literally the very first PSA's in existence were about washing hands in the 50s.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hey, turns out people's skins vary!! I spend most my time in an OR so have to either scrub or at least wash thoroughly multiple times a day. Some people are fine with sterrilium or iodine scrubs, and some need more skin care than others. As long as you are actually washing your hands appropriately then shut the gently caress up! Its as simple as that!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

OB_Juan posted:

Calling in just Fitz or Simmons makes the situation much more dangerous. He'd get stuck in yet another mind control / robot-who-looks-like-a-person / weird magic scenario, and Simmons would have to sharpen up the bone knife again. Too graphic for Disney+.

Honestly, Hawkeye seems like the guy to call. He knows Wanda, knew Vision, and being a family man, might actually be able to relate. Plus, is a person who knows about experiencing loss.

If you want to find out the limits to Wanda's power just have her kidnap one or the other and you will find out real fast. Like imagine if they were in the Thanos snap timeline and one of them got snapped but the other didn't...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Robot Hobo posted:

Unless, by the end of his own Disney+ series, Loki is convinced/coerced/tricked/forced into returning to that moment so that things can play out as they did the first time around. Then it's a ripple, not a wave, no different from any of the other borrowed stones. The timeline can recover from a few ripples, Agents of SHIELD covered that in season 7. And then proceeded to create so many big-rear end waves by the end of the series that we never got to see if that theory was actually right.

Actually, Agents of SHIELD left me with a question I'm still wondering if we'll get an answer to. By the end of season 7, the surviving agents have definitely landed themselves in a different timeline than the one the series started in. So did that series start in the main MCU universe (Earth-199999) and those characters all left that timeline and landed in a new one by the end? Or did the series start in a parallel timeline and they all ended up in the main MCU by the end? Or was it always alternate timelines? Maybe we could get Coulson back, now that the only explanation he ever needs to give is "No, you're right, original Phil died. I'm a robot copy."

As much as I would love Coulson or Fitzsimmons, they better find a way to bring Deke into the MCU. I am of course assuming Daisy is already going to be brought in.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Robot Hobo posted:

"The Deke Squad" will be the first concert movie in the MCU. It will feature 90 minutes of Deke and his band covering late-80s and 90s pop hits in front of a live audience, set in the mid-80s.

I would pay a lot of money to see this.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The other thing to keep in mind is that Chloe Bennett(Wang) is a literal Chinese pop star, so she is an automatic cash grab in Asian markets, so I am sure Disney wants to cram her in as many properties as possible to tap that market.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

If you told me the entire casting and writing of Iron Fist was around the eventual line of "you are the dumbest Iron Fist ever" I would believe it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

There's this Marvel 616 documentary in Disney+, first episode is about that show and oh boy, it was so cool, they did some crazy stuff. It seems they were among the first ones to bring a transformable robot.

I think its the 2nd or 3rd one but its Paul Scheer basically trying to launch a new show based on the most obscure Marvel property he can find. After identifying the team (Brute Force), he gets an animation studio to make a small clip then auditions people like John Hamm and Nicole Beyer for the role. I highly recommend it just for the deep dive on some of Marvel's most obscure stuff.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

I really wanted that episode to be a pilot for a series where Paul Scheer tries to make obscure Marvel characters marketable. Even just one-issue characters or corny 60s villains could be really fun, there's SO much buried content there.

You are so right, I would absolutely watch that show, and Paul Scheer is the perfect person to host it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Azhais posted:

Isn't condiment king dc

He is! He was also in the Batman Lego Movie!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Kamala: "I'm so glad Anson Mount landed on his feet by getting Star Trek, it's way easier to fanfic than that dumb Inhuman show. "

On the heels of What If, I hope Kamala's fanfic becomes its own Disney+ show.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Oh there's definitely a ton of great WandaVision fanart if you can brave Tumblr and its poor excuse of a "search" "function." I quite like this one.

I like that, it reminds me of the glitching scenes from Into the Spiderverse, where people in the wrong dimension have those fits.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

There are TONS they could have picked from - Fridays had em all.

Step by Step
Boy Meets World
Family Matters
Fresh Prince
Saved by the Bell
Full House
Home Improvement
Blossom
Married with Children
Empty Nest
Wings
Major Dad
3rd Rock From the Sun
The Nanny
Keenan & Kel

... etc etc etc

SO many and they glossed over it. Ah well.

Episode was actually really good but I hope they have a way of wrapping things mostly up - there are a lot of mysteries here. Mando mostly wrapped things for it's season.

Honestly suprised it wasn't that for obvious reasons, but I think MitM fits the aesthetic and worked for what they were going for. It does make me want Bryan Cranston in the MCU now though.

Also, I am starting to think this Hayward guy is a bad egg.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah one thing to keep in mind is the timing of all this. This isn't two years later, this is literally weeks after Wanda came unsnapped and the events of Endgame. To her the events of Infinity War including Vision's death are still fresh. He did have a good point was he implying that Woo and Darcy were also snapped? that those who weren't snapped had a huge task to try and keep the society going in a way that didn't lead tona mass extinction.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

XboxPants posted:

I don't think any of us are expecting it, and I got no idea where they'd go for a second season that would maintain this style, but it's not like there's anything stopping them and

Disney+’s ‘WandaVision’ Cast Into Top Viewing Spot Worldwide
WandaVision Is MCU's Highest Rated Show or Movie on Rotten Tomatoes
‘WandaVision’ Breaks Into Nielsen Top 10 Streaming Rankings

I think they would get more success out of doing shows like this as bridges between big theatrical releases. I don't know how this would go on, but I could see the Falcon and Winter Soldier kind of going, or changing to be like mini-series, letting us see newer and different team ups. The only thing I could see being a regular thing is if they brought in an Agents of SHIELD like show.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Jimmy went to Westview to check on someone in the witness protection program, did they ever reveal who that person is? Is it important or just a plot device to set things in motion?

Its gonna be Michael Keaton who snitched on people in prison.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

Why are they all yellow classic cars?

They are all Bumblebee. Transformers are in the MCU now.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I’m 100% sure it means he’s a psychic and he can hear everyone’s thoughts in his head.

you saw that last episode, when he sensed Vision was in trouble. both the twins had their powers start to come alive

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Until this episode I never really realized how traumatized Wanda is. She had to kill the love of her life to save the universe, then had him resurrected and killed in front of her.

Also keep in mind that even though that happened five years ago, Wanda got snapped and came back, so to her all those events happened a few weeks ago.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I like to think at the end of Star Trek Discovery season 3, Michelle Yeoh was sent to be her character in GotG 2. It actually fits and ultimately gives us a chance of at least a What If? with Marvel ans Star Trek.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

sticklefifer posted:

Bear with me here, but I feel like the new Wolverine would be a good place to slate a wrestler with decent acting skills trying to break into Hollywood. You know he'll maintain the physique, can probably do his own stunts, and doesn't have to show a lot of emotional range because his job is to look like a badass all the time. I had doubts about Dave Bautista when he joined the MCU, but he's made Drax one of the most fun characters.

I like the idea of a short Wolverine like in the comics. Daniel Radcliffe is only 5'5" and is young enough if he wanted to enter into another monster franshise, but he seems happy collecting his checks and doing weird rear end (but usually entertaining!) stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Sesq posted:

I figure they lost the signal when the show moved to HD and they didn't have Darcy around to figure it out for them.

This is the most likely explanation. When they said they lost the feed my initial thought was "Darcy probably just needs to adjust some poo poo, good job kicking her out dumbasses".