Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I found the first half of the episode a little off, because I wasn't sold on the actress playing Sylvie. I mean she's fine... but... just felt a little off. That could just be me, but she didn't feel as comfortable in the role as an MCU character usually does. It improved a lot in the back half as they developed a rapport.

As for the ending that conversation on the walk to the ark where she describes how the enchantment works, about touching them and reaching into their minds, how it takes longer with the stronger minded people... that's totally Chekov's gun for the ending sequence being the result of one of them creating a fantasy in the brain of the other. The only question being if it is Sylvie finally taking over Loki's brain, or if Loki having now learned how to do it was a quick learner and took over Sylvie.

On the "best friend" thing, while it would have been fun for Sylvie to have had the TVA agent be her girlfriend in the fantasy, considering she was basically interrogating her for information it would come off as hella rapey for it to be more than "we're fantasy BFFs, tell me your secrets".

Regarding the "postman" omg that's the postman from WandaVision, Mephisto confirmed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I finally got around to watching Thor: The Dark World today, it being the only MCU film I've not seen. Had been saving it up simply because it was the only MCU film I've not seen, and everyone said it was bad. But they also said that about Iron Man 2 which I found a ton of fun (if utterly inconsequential in the larger scheme of things).

I don't know if it helps that Ragnarok, Endgame, WandaVision (for Darcy) and now the Loki series all add weight to it, but this 8 year old film that everyone dunks on to the point it's a meme was... Good, Actually? Nice character development for Loki, which almost a decade later they're still calling back to, a bunch of solid jokes with Darcy and Jane Foster, and one of the prettiest early MCU films in terms of cinematography.

Solid 3/5 movie that I'd look forward to rewatching in an MCU marathon rewatch. The only truly bad MCU film imo remains The Incredible Hulk, which at least gifted us Thunderbolt Ross making a return 8 years later for an "oh, THAT GUY" moment, and a callback joke in Ragnarok.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

mind the walrus posted:

Still never gonna understand that take.

The Incredible Hulk is nothing groundbreaking, but it's like a well-made omelet and does pretty much everything right that later MCU movies did right.

In-fact I greatly prefer Norton's leading man Bruce Banner over chronic punching bag Mark Ruffalo, even if it's impossible to imagine Norton playing well with any of the other MCU actors. Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, and Tim Blake Nelson are all as well cast as any MCU lineup and play well together, and the more gothic monster side of the MCU is both fun and something I'd really love to see a return to. There's a lot of nice little moments and clever screenplay polish that keeps the movie from falling into the pitfalls of many other blockbusters and I find it much more rewatchable than stuff I enjoyed much more on a first watch like Captain Marvel, Far from home, or Ant-Man & The Wasp.

I totally understand why it's no one's favorite, but there's also nothing so wrong with it that I would call it a truly bad MCU flick. Weirdly none of the main movies have been truly bad, only orbiting stuff like the Netflix shows, parts of the Disney-Plus shows, and Inhumans.

Hey, I'll respect your genuine liking of it, considering I rate the 2nd Thor and Iron Man films in spite of their general disdain by the majority.

For me, the things that I dislike about that Hulk film are:

Ed Norton - this is almost certainly personal taste, I've just gone right off him as an actor and he's... well, personal taste here and I'll accept that's all on me.

Skipping over the origin story in the opening credits - If the rest of the story had been good, then handwaving away the origin as "oh, failed supersoldier serum attempt" in the first 5 minutes would have been fine. But that failed attempt and the reasons for it was more interesting than 95% of what followed and there were plenty of utterly inconsequential scenes that could have been trimmed/cut entirely to give more space for the bit of the film where Something Actually Happens.

Lack of action scenes - There are only 3 action scenes in the whole film, and all three of them were short and bad. You have 10 minutes in a dark favela where some regular humans with guns get murked by something in the shadows (oh no, what could it be...). Then you have Hulk running in a straight line in a park before punching a couple of Humvees. Then you have Hulk running in a straight line down a road before punching evil Hulk a bit in a building site. They do absolutely nothing interesting with Hulk aside from the car boxing gloves thing, and even Ang Lee's Hulk film had big green leaping around onto helicopters and spinning tanks around by the barrel. It wasn't until the first Avengers film that they had Hulk doing any kind of moves beyond "boxing, but stronger".

Biohazard Banner - thankfully they quietly ignored this for future films in a "never happened" way, because a single drop of Banner's body fluids causing uncontrolled Hulking out in anyone it touches makes him ridiculously dangerous. That said, I would like to see The Leader make a return at some point because every time a later MCU movie refers to an earlier one, it somehow makes the earlier ones better.

I know a few people really like that film for some reason, and fair play to anyone who does. It's one of only 25 movies (out of a 1000+) on my Letterboxed I have ever given a single star to, and I wish I could learn to love it. I used to hate Thor 1, but did learn to tolerate that at least because it has just enough of the foundation of what comes later to put up with the dutch angles and lack of humour. I just can't find that hook with Hulk, though as I said I did enjoy the Ross and helicopter dive callbacks, and if The Leader and Abomination (or even Betty for some reason) make a comeback I'll re-evaluate it. But I skip over that movie in rewatches the same way that the movie itself skips over the origin story, because you can summarise it in a sentence or two and while nothing much happens in the film, it happens in ways that aren't fun to watch at any point.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings Official Trailer

Going in some... unexpected directions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YjFbMbfXaQ

Is that Abomination? Fighting Wong from Doctor Strange?

OMG OMG OMG omg

I almost want to tell people not to watch that trailer, as those are some things that absolutely I did NOT see coming. But it's only been an hour and already those things are spreading across the internet at the speed of nerd light, so good luck dodging them for another two months. Might as well watch it and enjoy it now.

Just want to say, I'm so in for what was shown there.

That is totally Wong in the fight with Abomination, there's no way they'd go for generic wizard dude in a cage match with Abomination when you could have it be a Named Character for extra spice.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
It was heavily implied that "gamma poisoning" meant he hulked out and then died. As to how much damage/rampaging he did before it killed him is up to the viewer, but it definitely felt like it was supposed to be him getting big and thrashing around the apartment *at minimum* and not just drinks soda = dies.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

XboxPants posted:

It really was. Tara Strong is loving great. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT-HFkChZEA&t=408s

Thanks for making me cry, you dick.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
In my recent first watch of The Dark World, Loki showed some of his telekinesis powers when he trashed his cell after learning of the death of his mother. All the discussion about him catching that tower... I mean it was a higher level of TK ability than he'd shown on screen before, but it wasn't a new ability by any means just a more pumped up version of one he was already shown to have.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
It does seem to be done better here than in The Mandalorian though. I made the mistake of watching a behind the scenes video for Mando and once they pointed out how those wrap around rear projection screens worked I wasn't able to not see it in the finished episodes. Now I'm not someone who gets super worked up at seeing the joins in special effects, but my brain was going full "that's Chappie" everytime I saw it.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

XboxPants posted:

Was the new Bill & Ted movie any good? The original and even the second were some of my favorite time travel movies ever made. Bill S. Prescott was a loving time travel wizard.

It's not bad. It's no Fury Road or Cobra Kai, which are both amazing 30+ years on late sequels. But it's also no Star Wars sequel trilogy or Coming 2 America which make you dislike what came before. It's insubstantial AF, not a classic by any means, but it's a solid 3/5 film that is sweet and lovely and wholesome at its core and while I wish it was great I'm somehow very happy that it exists.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Everyone posted:

That was cool, but this was the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdmVW53Bhd0

TinTower posted:

This is the same episode in which Gorilla Grodd tries to kill a college-age Barack Obama.

I'm not kidding, LoT is batshit insane and it's amazing.

...well gently caress, I need to watch this show

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I... like out of continuity movies? There are lots of things that happened in these characters backstory, lots of gaps that could be filled, and going back and doing one of those is a brilliant way to have a self contained story that isn't tied into 5 other films that are coming out in the next 18 months and pushing the meta-narrative along. I *love* the interconnectivity of the MCU, but sometimes I just want 2 hours of punchmans that isn't an episode in the world's biggest most expensive soap opera.

When they finally bring in Namor, I'd be delighted in 5 years or so if they did another WWII movie with Chris Evans back as pre-freeze cap, fighting alongside the Sub-Mariner and the original Human Torch in an Invaders movie kicking nazi butt. I know it'll never happen, and it'd need careful working into the gaps of First Avenger, but it's a thing that could be done and I'd be all over it and would be both a great backstory setting up for Namor and a true "Cap is back... for one final adventure" nostalgia rush.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
We never got to see in the movies any of the bad things Natasha did, but we saw Hawkeye going bad in two Avengers films, once because of mind control and once because of grief. He was a more natural choice for the sacrifice to close his character arc, if going only by the movies. But Natasha dying because she would rather die so that Barton can have a chance (a chance) of getting home to his family is what makes her a goddamn hero who balanced the ledger and so much more.

"Dying to make a man feel bad" is the wrongest take on her death possible. She died to give her friend at chance at feeling good again.

I'm now interested in the Hawkeye series to see how Clint "pays it forward" because that's two Avengers who have died to save him and with how well these shows have been digging into all the weight of guilt the characters carry from events in previous films it has the potential to be super interesting.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Hey thread, without wishing to come off as a prick, could I politely request that when a new episode comes out that someone, anyone, mentions it in thread as a paragraph break so we know that from that point on any spoiler text is likely about new stuff, not old?

Clicking on this spoiler text was on me, but I thought it was still speculation about what might be coming up not actual new episode reactions. With timezones and all that sometimes the new episodes sneak up on you.

I'm not mad or anything, I just got caught out because the episodes blurred together in the thread.

VectorSigma posted:

omg Thanoscopter

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
In this new episode, I'm really starting to notice the heavy use of The Volume. It really sticks out in comparison to the rest of the show.

Have to say though I absolutely got a bit misty-eyed when Mobius offers his hand, and Loki says "gently caress that" and goes in for the hug. He needed that. I needed that. It was just such a lovely moment. That's all I want from these D+ shows really, little character moments like that.

Also, that final shot... I know it isn't, but doesn't that really look like the kind of castle where Doctor Doom would live? I'd love it if the swerve was "and I, Doom, was keeping everyone safe" but that's just my own personal "that's Mephisto" moment I guess.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nah, it’s 100% Kang because we’ve already got Ravonna, Alioth, and the whole series is about someone making real sure the timeline follows a single path for some reason. Also, this person has assembled an army of people from across times and universes to enforce their plan. That’s Kang.

Plus he’s a complicated enough character that there’s a definite benefit in establishing him in Loki before he shows up in Quantumania.

I know you're almost certainly right, comic nerds assure me it's Castle Limbo home of the Immortus version of Kang. But I'd still love it if they swapped Immortus with Doom just like the Kree/Skrull switch in Captain Marvel so it comes right out of left field, with The Timekeepers being glorified Doombots. But that's just wishful thinking on my part because Doom = awesome and I never read any Kang storylines so I'm going to have to learn to give a poo poo about him as a villain.

Doing a bit of a rewatch looking for all the easter eggs (so many easter eggs) and I'm struck by how good the music continues to be. When Classic Loki is being a total badass that is totally a stylised reworked/reimagined version of Ride of the Valkyries which is so, so perfect for the moment.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Anita Dickinme posted:

Not trying to come off as a dick as I had to retype this and emphasis that I really am not trying to be a dick because I’ve done the same as you a couple times but honestly just do not read this thread on new episode days until you watch the episode. It’s just the safest bet.

Or even the night before, depending on your timezone.

Absolutely, the entire thread is an enter at your own risk thing. I guess just a combination of pandemic lockdown "wait... today's Wednesday?" and not being used to weekly TV episode drops just caught me (and in the past, you) out. Everyone is being cool by putting stuff in spoilers anyway, I'm sorry if I even accidentally came across as a bit snippy about it. Thread good, people in it good, just got a little wrongfooted because the days and posts all blurred together.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

G-III posted:

I haven't seen a member of the Crocodylia order bite off a hand like that since Romancing the Stone

Kevin Feige, put Danny Devito in the MCU you coward.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
The question of who Sylvie is remains unresolved. There are two dangling plot points that suggest she isn't "just another Loki". First, she's the only one of the Lokia who doesn't know what their nexus event was, all the others got to sit around and joke about what they did. When she asked Ravonna what it was, Ravonna claimed not to remember, which was sketchy as hell and implicates at least one of them (possibly both) as being super important. Then when our Loki asks the other Lokia if they'd ever seen a female Loki before and they're all "hell no, ugh" which makes Sylvie seem like an aberration far beyond even Kid/Classic/Boastful/Aligator Loki.

I dunno what it's going to mean, but I'm looking forward to next week when we get to find out.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I know I’m very much a lapsed comic nerd, but I’d never heard of Taskmaster before this movie, and all the clips from comics and cartoons people show to assure me that Taskmaster is cool has kinda left me cold tbh. To each their own.

I was perfectly happy with the movie version and the pathos aspect works better in the context of this story. Plus, there’s a 7 year gap between now and the end of that movie, there’s no reason Taskmaster can’t return in a form that the comic nerds desired. Look how Zemo changed and lightened up between Civil War and FatWS, 7 years is a lot of time to do character growth, and now there’s an actual origin story for the character shown.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Coming back to Loki, it’s not even necessarily going to have a “big bad”. It could just be a “big neutral” with someone or some many administering the timeline as the TVA said it was, but with a whole “greater good” deal where some eggs get broken along the way. The eggs often being Loki.

It’s potentially wide open for the season finale to go a whole bunch of ways, and isn’t it nice to know on a Sunday night, with one episode left to go, that for all our speculation and theorycrafting, and for all the accusations that the MCU is predictable and formulaic, we just don’t *know* what is going to happen on Wednesday? 13 years and 24 movies in, I think that’s kinda neat.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Found his nexus event.

https://twitter.com/fox6now/status/1139540675509280770

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Raged posted:

As someone who has no idea who Kang this episode was boring and frankly crap. Friends I was watching it with kept saying "get to the point" with that needlessly long and boring exposition. I could not agree with them more.

As someone who is all in on the MCU, and who knew who this guy was because of all the discussion here and elsewhere, I’m sad to say I felt the same mostly.

Really liked the last 10 minutes, excited to see where it all goes next, but the 15 minute monologue did nothing for me. Seems to be a ton of people here totally digging it for the performance, but… eh, it was just a regular dude talking for a very long time. Maybe I’ll get into it more on a rewatch, I’ll certainly try.

Also, that mid credits scene was certainly… functional. To the point of being almost an unintentional troll.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I mean, even on a rewatch I just couldn’t get into this version of him, but then I tell myself I’m just not into him yet, which is important as it’s still such early days for him.

I will say this though: Doom wouldn’t have needed a prop apple to get through a monologue. Don’t boo me, you know I’m right.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I’m sure it’s been posted a million times already, but I only learned today that Loki composer and mischievous scamp Natalie Holt once egged Simon Cowell on live TV for being a blight on the music industry. Strong chaotic Loki energy on display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UD0NIOsI8s

:allears:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
The Pitch Meeting for Loki is up, in case anyone wants it. (It's good-natured for those of you not familiar with the series.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFN6MPvCYVY

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Disney acting all sulky and saying ScarJo is being callous in disregarding the pandemic is the loving worst look for them. Imagine thinking that will get people to side with your multi-billion dollar megacorp.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
People were so excited at the reveal of Kamala's comicbook accurate look, there's just no way, NO WAY, they could get away with dropping the embiggening powers and I don't think they would even consider trying.

I'm all-in on a training wheels armband or similar. Kevin Feige knows how important this character is in terms of representation, he wouldn't let her get done dirty like this. Our dude hasn't let us down yet.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Show was fun, but solidly disposable. A First Avenger reskin is the best way to describe it, but Thicc Cap bodying nazis is a joy to watch so worth my time.

The bit with the plane though lol at Peggy crashing through the fighter’s prop with her shield, meaning it’s dead in the air, but she takes the time to batter the pilot into unconsciousness (or death) to make sure he doesn’t just bail out of the crippled plane. No mercy for nazis from Captain Carter

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Lamont posted:

Early on in the episode, T'Challa mentions that Yondu tried to return him to Wakanda after a few years, but it had been destroyed. So I guess T'Chaka managed to rebuild over the last 15 years or so?

No, Yondu lied about it to keep T'Challa with him

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Getting very strong feelings (again) that the Snap and Unsnap will ultimately be the cause of mutants in the MCU.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
I mean, this series feels like the most comic book series it is based upon, in that it is incredibly disposable and inconsequential. I'm not even saying that as a slam, it's just that the old What If? comics really were goofy as hell and just an excuse to tell a story that was just breathless 8 year olds smashing action figures together.

I'm watching these, I kinda like these, but I can't imagine myself ever wanting to rewatch them because the gimmick is all in the novelty of the tale. I'm treating it as a candy bar between meals, it doesn't matter that it's not very filling it's just a quick sugar rush.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Taking a role written for a young black woman, and giving it to yet another generic white dude purely because an older mid-tier MCU film had him as a once and done supporting character would be the worst of looks.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Young white guy who met and was inspired by Tony Stark is already covered by MCU Peter Parker.

The fact you had to add “the kid from Iron Man 3” in parentheses shows how unrecognisable even the kid’s name is.

I love the deep callbacks as much as anyone, but he really is just some dude. Have him join SHIELD or something later, but there’s nothing there to justify him taking on the mantle of one of the main guys. A lot of people really get twisted up over how close Peter was to Tony, which is crazy because a kid growing up to do stuff with gadgets and then superpowers is of course going to be inspired by the guy who did stuff with gadgets and then (gadget) superpowers who he saw save the city from his bedroom window. That made perfect sense. Doing it twice would be too much, and undercut the established Tony/Peter relationship.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Yakmouth posted:

So, the Tony/Harley relationship was established before Civil War. It’s already been taken care of. Peter Parker was the “doing it twice”.

Again, I understand that the die’s been cast and the MCU is going to do what it’s going to do. I think introducing Williams in BP2 makes a lot of sense, and of course the MCU will be able to pull off bringing in Iron Heart. They’re very good at what they do. But I don’t buy an argument that it’s harder to justify promoting a character with 10 minutes of screen time than it will be to introduce a character that has so far had zero. You’re acting as though his already appearing in a film somehow counts against him.

Your original point is probably correct. Iron Heart got a lot of unjustified hate from very obnoxious people upon her introduction, and not using the character would very likely be a “bad look”. But I still think it’s a wasted opportunity if they don’t find a way to keep him in the story. I was genuinely happy to see him brought back for Tony’s funeral and hoped at the time it meant that Marvel still had plans for the character.

Who knows, maybe he’ll show up in a What If episode.

Ehhhhhhh "relationship" is a strong word. He was just some kid who Tony met once. Having him back for the funeral was already baffling. I mean, I guess it's good that there was one random person Tony Stark met who didn't end up turning into a supervillain at least.

I swear, you may be literally the only person who has ever cared about the kid from Iron Man 3 turning up again. That's kind of endearing (not being sarcastic here, honest), but the need for everyone who ever spoke to a main character to somehow end up being important is what leads, eventually, to things like Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina where every single alien in there was some distant member of an alien royal family etc etc and btw IG88 literally became the second Death Star and furthermore

The only reason I'm even onboard with Ironheart is because it's a character that gives needed representation in the MCU. Honestly, I'm hoping more of the older "mantles" get retired and not just handed down. Captain America is now Sam Wilson, but there's a replacement Hawkeye, suddenly a replacement Black Widow I wasn't expecting, and more sequels we didn't originally expect for Thor and others. Couple that with all the new heroes coming in like Eternals, Shang-Chi, possible Young Avengers and Dark Avengers (whatever they call them), and completion of trilogies for those existing ones who expect their due, and we're getting dangerously overstuffed as regards the good guy side of things. And we haven't even gotten onto the Fantastic Four and the dozens of mutants who will one day start infesting the place. I'm glad the MCU is seemingly not going to just recast heroes and keep them ageless in some forever war like the comics do, and is letting them age out, retire, and (rarely) die off. Disney+ is going to be a way for them to take the pressure off of fitting it all in to 3 movies a year, but even me, the MCU superfan, worries it'll get just too drat crowded at some point. So, you know, if there's an Iron Man successor I'd rather it not be some kid who let Stark rummage through his toolbox once.

I'll be honest, you've typed that kid's name several times in those last few posts, and I still can't remember it without scrolling back to look. He'll forever be "the kid from Iron Man 3", and even then I'm mostly only remembering there even was a plot point with a kid in Iron Man 3 because of all the "who is that random dude at Tony's funeral?" videos after Endgame because Iron Man 3 is just the kind of film. (Apologies to anyone who counts it as a fave, I just found it fun but inconsequential and only really enjoyed the Trevor Slattery stuff which was a delightful twist.)

Alchenar posted:

Getting a 3 minute bit part as a child actor should not be a meal ticket to a full career making Marvel films.

Anita Dickinme posted:

Why… why not? Why is that such a terrible thing?

I gotta say, I would be super narked that the girls who played Scott and Clint's daughters got recast, for roles that they knew going forward would be needed, if a kid who was *not* expected to be in future films ended up getting on the gravy train simply because "well, he was in one film, guess he gets his own trilogy too" happened.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Marsupial Ape posted:

That kid should come back a potato gun themed C-list Spider-Man villain.

Spud-erman

Consummate Professional posted:

The kid from iron man 3 should be a villain with a chip on his shoulder because no one remembers him.

And that's the costume sorted.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Having him being the kid tech genius in Jimmy Woo’s not X-files with Darcy as the astro science gal would work actually.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Just a heads up, there's a potato cam Spider-Man No Way Home trailer with pre-viz CGI floating around out there, should you want to watch/avoid it. It's literally a phone recording of a phone recording of mostly unfinished effects, but in this age of 4k trailers and stuff this was a charmingly retro way to get a first glimpse of some new Spidey dialogue and plot points.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

The Saddest Rhino posted:

remembering when a shakycam of iron man doing the snap was the most popular gif everywhere lol

Once I heard the ending had leaked, I spent the next days completely offline. I don’t mind a few minor spoilers as an appetiser, but the ending of 10 years of mostly really good films that I adored? That had to be seen the right way. The temptation to look was so great, but I’m so VERY glad I didn’t in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

The internet is fast.