Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

thrawn527 posted:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, wasn't the helmet blocking Charles an invention of the 2000 movie? I don't remember that being a part of the show or comics before that.

Oh yeah, the helmet blocking telepathy was an invention of the movie. Some writer or whatever went "Hey, why can't Xavier just stop Magneto anytime he wants?" and they decided the helmet would make sense and the comic writers agreed it would be a good idea too. Apparently before that the comics had a thing where he was "strong-willed" or mutants just having a certain baseline resistance to telepathy--at least in the early days. There's an early panel of Xavier and Magneto meeting for the first time and he clocks him as a mutant just from his POWERFUL MIIIIIND PROTECTIONS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Look, I've already had to come up with a new name for myself before. If I find out I'm a clone, I'm just going the Thomas Riker route and going by my middle name.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

FlamingLiberal posted:

After rewatching the original series recently, I was surprised that the Brood never showed up at all. I guess that's probably too gross for a kid's show, however.

What about the episode where Rogue's boyfriend comes back? I'm pretty sure those aliens were the Brood.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The greatest biopic ever made.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

KPC_Mammon posted:

Most dust is human skin and pet dander. I blame the guy with rapidly regenerating cells and Beast.

God, I never considered the dust situation in Wolverine's room.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I can't believe Bastion's dad got the same treatment as the dad from Batman Beyond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly? Him playing Charles himself could work

Exactly. Him as Charles, and Denzel as Magneto.