Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Sorry I am late but this is amazing!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I just finished watching episode 2 of X-men '97. I am guessing that is Madeline Pryor at the end?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
With the hint of Sinister in the openings, Sinister and Madelyn Pryor would make sense especially with Cable being born. He has always been obsessed with Scott and Jean.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

1st AD posted:

In episode 1 she has a weird vision after diving into Gyrich’s mind and says “someone else is in here.” Now I acknowledge I’ve got no evidence for what I’m about to speculate, but in my mind she is in fact Madelyne Pryor and the whole Jean persona and memories are a construct implanted in her mind by Sinister.. The “someone else” is her true self poking through.

oooohhhhh I did not think about that! The Shadow King? I dunno. Or it could be the Pheonix.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

1st AD posted:

In episode 1 she has a weird vision after diving into Gyrich’s mind and says “someone else is in here.” Now I acknowledge I’ve got no evidence for what I’m about to speculate, but in my mind she is in fact Madelyne Pryor and the whole Jean persona and memories are a construct implanted in her mind by Sinister.. The “someone else” is her true self poking through.

I think she just saw sinister, and he cloned her - because comics - I think it is as simple as that.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Did they just play "Happy Nation" by Ace of Base? or is it just my computer and is Gambit dead?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Lamont posted:

Hah, I also thought it was a fake Ace of Base song made up for the show, that was an actual track??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWjCStB6k4o

Edit:

Shoehead posted:

Edit: Ah yeah one of em was a Neo Nazi skinhead in the 80s. Fuckin hell these lyrics
What? a neo-nazi skinhead? I am guessing it is the blond guy? The lyrics make more sense now talking about the brotherhood.

Edit2: Ugggh I never knew and bought their cassetes and cds.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/rm35nr/ace-of-bases-secret-nazi-past

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 12, 2024

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Skios posted:

Listening back while looking up that song for that post, it's kind of blatant in retrospect what a signpost that song was.

quote:

Happy nation
Living in a happy nation
Where the people understand
And dream of perfect man
Situation leading to sweet salvation
For the people, for the good
For mankind, brotherhood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008