Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Barry Convex posted:

AFAIK, premiere time is midnight PST/3AM EST/whatever that is where you live, a bit over seven hours from now. though you likely already know that

Didn't the Mandalorian drop its first episodes earlier than expected? Or was that The Boys? I don't remember.

Anyways, it's gonna be like 2:00 am over here when it premieres. Just gonna sleep and wait until early in the morning.

(btw hello MCU TV thread, I'm here for my needed MCU dose)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Dammit, why can't they be cool like Prime?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

JoylessJester posted:

I don't think Sword are controlling the bubble in a Truman style way. From the bashing sounds, drones, sewer beekeeper & radio messages it seems like Sword are trying to force their way in to the sitcom bubble. And judging from the radio messages they are under the impression that someone else is inflicting this on Wanda etc.

The choking scene is a pretty good clue about the set-up. The boss challenges details of the reality and begins to choke. The wife's repeated 'stop it' is actually aimed at Wanda. Vision only acts when given express instruction because he's not real.

I think the fake TV ads are giving us clues of what or who is behind all of this. I mean, Hydra's name casually showing kinda sets a lot of alarms. I have no clue about Stark Industries. Stolen tech? I'm starting to think that couple are probably Hydra agents or something. I just love to speculate so all might be nothing.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

you're thinking of his son, the one who experimented on Wanda and Pietro was killed off in AOU

speaking of which, it would be pretty weird not to bring Aaron Taylor-Johnson back for at least an episode or two but I'm not quite convinced that's happening yet

There was this early ad, that I've heard people saying it was deleted, dunno if it's true, where Wanda and Vision's twins say something along the lines of not waking up an uncle that's sleeping in the living room or something. So everyone has been assuming Quicksilver is gonna show up. And there were also rumors of seeing Aaron Taylor-Johnson in the Disney/Marvel's offices. No one knows really what. Anyways it seems we are gonna have a Full House-styled episode and I'm gonna love the hell out of it.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

I was talking to my brother, who apparently watched Age of Ultron more recently than I have, and he said they told a story about Wanda and Quicksilver being trapped under rubble with a Stark missile that was beeping but didn't go off. So that's probably what the toaster scene was referencing?

I'm not about to rewatch Age of Ultron to confirm.

Ahahaha, this whole thing went over my head, Age of Ultron wasn't one of my favorites so there's some stuff from it that I don't remember well. And now that makes sense.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Spacebump posted:

So for later episodes they said there would be office or modern family influenced. I hope Quicksilver and/or Magneto shows up then. I doubt they'd introduce MCU Magneto on this show but I'd love it.

Dunno if I should spoiler this but I would loving lose it if Michael Fassbender showed up. I don't care if he is like just 10 years older than Elizabeth, just loving put some white streaks on his hair and call it a day. Who cares. Gimme more nazi-killing spy Magneto from First Class

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Boxman posted:

Did the thread notice this? i'm not sure I saw it mentioned.

https://twitter.com/CapnRgers/status/1350516728720027649?s=20

Hahaha holy poo poo son of bitches. That's a nice easter egg.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I'm now expecting them to have a few interesting things in secret.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

:lol: It seems a Spaniard voice actor might have spoilered Evan Peters' role.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Teek posted:

Not really? he did dubbing for him previously, he could just be being reused. Not necessarily for the same role. I know some actors have their go to dub replacements, could just be being done for WandaVision since that’s his most famous dub voice there.

I'm not sure, that's the rumor over twitter, and lots of sites are already running with it the actor allegedly said something like "I'm glad of dubbing Pietro's voice again" Allegedly, as it seems he deleted his tweet ASAP and there's not really way to confirm that. The only screencaps looks so low quality that it might be a fake.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Went for a second watch, had fun, second episode is the best and Paul Bettany is so good at comedy (I had forgotten he was in a Knight's Tale and always loved his character in it).

Open Source Idiom posted:

Speaking as someone who couldn't care less about comics "mythology", and who hasn't seen a Marvel film in about five years (or a single episode of the Dick Van Dyke show, or Bewitched)

My local TV network would play reruns of Bewitched, so I did grow up watching those. I guess that's why the second episode hit me with a bit of nostalgia.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

So is everyone else in the town dead, but recreated by Wanda? Is that maybe what the neighbor was about to say?

It seems everyone in town are real people, and they are aware of what is going on but are forced to play a role. Mrs. Hart was definitely panicking on episode 1 but had to stick to her quirky boss' wife role. The doctor wanted to get away, but however is controlling everything wouldn't let him (car broke).

Wasn't there a Twilight Zone episode like that (or was that episode from the Simpsons lol)? Where everyone had to pretend to be always happy because there was little girl with mind powers? She ends throwing someone in to a cartoon or something if I remember.

Will love it if they are going that way with the show.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Yeah, by the look of the trailers and advances it seems at certain moment poo poo's gonna hit the fan and HARD.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I'm just speculating based in certain trailer. Unless Im secret disney exec nothing I'm saying is set in stone and a reality. If some didnt liked that's fine, if others liked it and are excited and expecting stuff thats also fine.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Gavok posted:

Plus Desperado Bones is kind of mixing it with the sequel (the boy growing up to have a daughter with the same powers) and the movie adaptation (someone being thrown into a cartoon).

It's been decades since I've seen that! :lol: Color me surprised I didn't know there was a sequel!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

eke out posted:

it seems like Wanda's doing this as an elaborate coping mechanism, and while she's obviously hosed up here, the real villain will be Hydra/Strucker/someone else who's trying to exploit her or somehow taking advantage of her reality warping. so there can still be a moment where she comes back to the real world and they turn against the actual villain

probably will end up being very wrong, but I feel like that could explain the Hydra/Strucker ads: if they're somehow influencing her to change reality to make Hydra not gone in her fake world, maybe they hope she could do it to the entire world

I have all my money on Hydra doing something to control her. Although I'm also considering Swarm as other goons said. They are using too many hexagons in their intros. He probably is working for Hydra?

Spacebump posted:

Considering a casting spoiler I hope Evan Peters turns out to be playing Speed and not Quicksilver just for the surprise factor

I think that actor is a few years older than Elizabeth Olsen...so it would be a hella weird casting.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Spacebump posted:

It'd be weird but this show is already weird and Evan Peters could get away with playing someone in their 20s. It's not the most solid idea but it'd be fun.

Touché. There has been 40 year olds playing younger characters so it's not a impossible. And indeed it would be a fun and unexpected!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Wasn't even in the last Spider-man movie? By mention and everything. That's how I know what is Sword.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

So...
Considering that next episode will probably be set in the 80s,
would you say that Wanda and Vision are Married... With Children?

Can't wait for those cheesy 90's family sitcom adventures.

sticklefifer posted:

Whoever's doing the score for this show is spot-on. The 70s sitcom background tracks felt really authentic.

That color palette was :discourse: same as the costumes. The lady who worked on the wardrobe design seemed as she had the time of her life.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

The show will throw us for a loop and parody That 70s Show.

They already got one of the cast members!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Paul Bettany is 50, and Vision is, like, two.

Excuse me, he is like 10 :colbert:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Am I misremembering Endgame? I thought the stones all went back to where they started?

Nope. The stones that went back where from another time line/universe. The stones in the original time line were destroyed forever by Thanos. The moment they did the time travel a new time line branch was created. Don't think a lot about it, it probably won't make a lot of sense.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

I think the Infinity Stones are done, if only because after a decade+ of movies about them the MCU should do something different.

The time for the mutants is starting :getin:

Edit: oh my god. They are gonna try to do Dark Phoenix again but with all the avengers involved oh noooo

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

Aren’t there a handful of 80’s/90’s sitcoms where, usually in the later seasons, suddenly the family has a little kid with little to no explanation?

I assume that’s how they’ll get Wanda the third child?

They already did giving birth to months old babies (lol), oh and the classic hide our pregnant actress' belly with a large coat. Even thought it was part of the joke it was a still a nod something that was or is still commonly done.

Seeing a little girl showing up out of nowhere is gonna have me in stitches.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

BurritoJustice posted:

Casting spoiler

James Spader is now credited for an episode

:getin: LET'S GOOO!

Speaking of theories:
I still think cuz she was reminded of Prieto Pietro* and that grief is messing with her happy fantasy she will try to fix it and bring her brother back. But he is dead, and cant be redone like Vision. So she'll "pull" an alive version of him from another universe. And like that other goon theory then that means she is the stones. Peter Evans has to play the brother part cuz he's under her control. Eventually breaks free and starta questioning where he is and boom multiverse mutants start! You can all laugh cuz is quite dumb :lol:

*In my country we have the word prieto that what we call someone who is brown -not an actual slur- so I'm always messing up Pietro's name lmao

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 24, 2021

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

letthereberock posted:

That’s interesting- back in the day I used to collect Marvel trading cards(huge nerd) and Mephisto’s card made it abundantly clear that he was NOT the Biblical Satan. I know the Marvel comics universe has been rebooted like 12 times since then.

Didn't it have to do with the Comic book code thing? Like they were forbidden to say anything about the bible and such, no bad words, no drugs, no one could die in a graphic way, no spooky monsters or horror stories, etc,etc. So the writers and artists had to find loopholes to make their characters and stories.

And the reason DC has Lucifer is because of Vertigo, I think Vertigo wasn't following the code and were DC's "adult" branch (had to look in wikipedia and that code thing died around 2011 oof).

My comic book history might be all wrong btw

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Batmasterson posted:

Trying to think outside of the box, my personal theory for this show is that this Wanda and Vision are actually from the timeline where the Avengers went to get the stones in endgame. Thanos left that timeline and died in the MCU, and that's why Vision is still alive. SWORD exists in this timeline instead of SHIELD, which is why we've never heard of it in the MCU before. The end of this show will some how involve merging into the MCU, possibly giving us Vision back.

I have a bunch of dumb fan theories and one of them is that indeed this Vision is from another timeline. Is not our Vision-Vision. And yeah, I hadn't realized that they "won" in that other timeline/dimension. Thanos died before his time so he never snapped half the universe. So there's a chance that things went out differently for the world. All the Avengers are together, no one died, etc. Or a new bad guy is thriving there *coffs*galactus*coffs* and will be pulled in to the original MCU time line. There's also Loki's seemingly dimensional-time traveling adventures which I guess will be linked to Wandavision and Dr. Strange's new movie.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

howe_sam posted:

One thing I learned from the Vanity Fair WandaVision podcast is that not only is the next episode a Family Ties riff, it's specifically a riff on the Tom Hanks episode, where Hanks plays the fun uncle who turns out to be an alcoholic and drinks a bottle of vanilla extract because it's the only booze in the house. Which leads me to think the uncle has to be Pietro, right? Or is that too literal?

If it's Pietro and if it's really Evan Peters the actor I will know be more interested in finding out HOW that happened. Does Wanda don't remember her brother? Is Evan's character another agent of SWORD pretending to be Pietro to get information out of her?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Retrowave Joe posted:

Paul Bettany said in an interview recently that there's something in the season they've been able to keep completely under wraps, and it's an actor he's always wanted to work with, so it'd be wild if the uncle for the Family Ties episode is Tom Hanks.

Mother loving Hugh Jackman out of nowhere so we all lose it together

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

radlum posted:

Maybe Wanda's magic can't actually revive someone, so instead of that she somehow pulls Evan Peters from a different universe (yeah, I know, why would she be able to break the multiverse and not revive a person, but still); I guess bringing back Vision was not such an issue since he is not actually human

That's actually my other big theory of mine as well. Just in case it turns out is true: Vision's body is a machine, and object, it can easily be reconstructed. I'm sure even his personality wouldn't be a problem to recreate for Wanda. Now this MCU Pietro is very well dead, dust and bones, her powers don't go that far. Somehow she has been able to open doors to other realities and time lines, and yes! She starts looking for her brother. I mean, she was reminded he died and this is messing up with her happy fantasy. Evan Peter's Quicksilver is the only one she finds still alive, so she literally kidnaps him. I know this sounds terrible,but she definitely wants the life she never had, and will have it at any costs.

The aftermath would be quite messy, and this idea is quite nightmarish. So I dunno if Disney has the cojones to go that way.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

I think he did. If I remember correctly, Spader was on set doing motion capture for the whole thing.

This is actually correct. That's why I say it's gonna be Hugh Jackman. Click bait sites claim Paul was interested in Les Miserables but he didn't get the role. Honestly, I just want to see Wolverine again, even if it's the old-man version, Jackman was so good in the role

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

New Wandavision promo is up and is a bit too spoilery, maybe?.

Everyone in the town are real people. SWORD has their ID's and everything. Agnes is the only one without an ID. Seems we'll get to see what happens outside Wanda's TV bubble.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

It's been basically handwaved away as "Banner/Hulk is smart and they calculated for all of it when they had the gauntlet, which gave them infinite power" and everyone got back safe

Yeah, the idea is that he wished for people to be back safely. Like if you were in a plane when you bliped, you're probably gonna reappear in the ground around the zone where the plane was passing by , or appear in the same plane you were on, no matter where it's flying at the moment, and just stuff like that.

Haven't watched this episode, so avoiding all your spoilers hahahha

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

:stare: holyshit Did Wanda stole Vision's empty carcass? Or is the theory that there was a backup save of his personality thanks to Shuri might be true? (One that doesn't have registered Wanda and Thanos killing him) He seems to be a bit too independent to be Wanda's full puppet. Gonna guess they were truly trying to bring Vision back but Wanda for whatever reasons took away his body before it was reconstructed. That would be really messed up. Anyways, that was a shocking reveal. Holy poo poo.

There's another new Wandavision spot with NOW lots of more spoilers. Seriously, don't watch it if you wanna be surprised for the next episodes: Seems Vision is gonna cross over the barrier and in to the real world. HOLY gently caress.

Edit, dumb fan theory: So if this Vision is a construct created by Wanda, and considering what we saw with the not-a-bee keeper rope, and with Monica's 70's clothes, then things created in TV world can exist in the real world. That means that this fake Vision might have a chance to exist in our world, and so Wanda's twins.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 29, 2021

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

80s James Hetfield posted:

This is what makes it good. The anticipation of seeing an awesome show and then having to look forward to it for another week makes you enjoy it even harder. If you could just binge though them in one sitting it would mean less.

I'm probably the minority that loses absolute interest in shows that have all the episodes out at once. There's tons of Netflix's shows I haven't finished watching. It took me a year to continue watching Witcher :lol:

I like waiting for something to watch at the end of the week.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

seaborgium posted:

Blip spoilers It was specific in the movie, bring them back "safely". So if someone was in a plane, they ended up on the ground, a ship they went to the nearest coast or something, on a subway they ended up in the nearest station, that kind of thing. No word on what happened to the plane that lost it's pilot, but the passengers on things would have been safe.

omg.
Doesn't a helicopter crashes in the scene where probably Skrull-Nick Fury was blipped? I need to re watch Infinity War again.

Faked Edit: The clip is on youtube and YUP. Helicopter crashes against a building, so probably lots of people died or were severely injured around the globe.

^^I don't consider it a major spoiler, as it's a movie that's been out for a couple of years already.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Edit: ^^ That as well

sliami posted:

Bitch what the gently caress

I'm guessing is all the movie-quality special effects (Vision flying, Wanda's super powers, the TV wall, etc) Also making some good 50's, 60's costumes must be hella expensive as well.

This is making me wonder if they're gonna keep the same quality for the following shows (I'm SO waiting for Loki's. Hiddleston and his gigantic sexy forehead are among my favorite things from MCU)

Second Edit: Are they using the same "green screen" awesome tech as The Mandalorian?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Edmund Lava posted:

All the Marvel shows that have been announced are supposed to have these ridiculous budgets.

I'm ready for this! :getin:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Klungar posted:

Is Carol at Tony’s funeral?

Everyone who survived is in there. Even that kid from Iron Man 3. For some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

tsob posted:

It might conceivably give Disney pause on making MCU shows that aren't just straight action tales like Falcon or Loki, but I doubt it'll stop even that on it's own and there'd probably need to be at least two non-action shows with lukewarm to bad reception before they consider not making any more. I'm not sure what the next one in that vein even is. Maybe She-Hulk? Which is a year or more off, at the very least.

Edmund Lava posted:

She-Hulk is supposed to be a legal comedy and I would be very upset if they gave up on that concept. I’m sure it’ll be fine though. Worst case they rethink these mega budgets and like I care. It’s not like I’m getting any of that money.

I can totally see them going for future shows heavy on action scenes, and drop any experimental original stuff. The main complain I've seen from some RL friends it's why the show doesn't have that, action scenes and evil guys dying and etc. (Although we have to consider that these characters were barely in the movies and the actors were given not much to work with. We can't compare them in popularity with Iron Man or Nick Fury, who were like literally in almost every movie).

Other friends are loving the mystery and that lingering horror, but I guess we are a minority.