Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok so that was definitely Lady Loki at the end, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So is everyone ignoring the fact one of the Timekeepers is Kang because it's incredibly obvious or am I nuts?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phenotype posted:

I just don't get Loki, man. What's the appeal? Why do people root for him to do anything besides get his throat cut?

He's a mischievous scamp

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

stev posted:

I really hope the show doesn't try to sell us on the idea that this Loki achieved all of that development by watching YouTube videos of it. This is still hours after he committed all those atrocities.

We're definitely getting a scene where he pulls the ol' double cross on the TVA. I think this story is going be less about Loki becoming a hero and more about the TVA being so bad that they make Loki look good in comparison

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thought this ep was a bit of a dip from the first one (too much clunky exposition) but still good

I'm picking up some strong Wizard of Oz vibes from the Timekeepers. I heavily doubt they exist in the same sense and purpose the TVA believes they do

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean arguably the first one was even worse at this, no?

The exposition in the first ep felt a lot more natural as Loki was being introduced to the world and was heavily grounded by the emotion of him seeing his future and realising his planned fate isn't what he expected. This episode has stuff like explaining the reset bombs and Loki's powers cause they come up at the end of episode even though everyone in the scene already knows about them. At one point Loki even says 'but you all knew that already' which just made it more clunky!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There's still a chance for the big bad guy to be Mephisto!

He's too busy being Taskmaster in Black Widow

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Melomane Mallet posted:

Oh god, yes, THIS. I live near Milwaukee and have been to the RenFaire multiple times. I went to college in Oshkosh. It was five minutes of me going "JUST loving GOOGLE WHERE THE RENFAIRE IS, FFS". All the poo poo in the MCU and this is the thing I end up getting mad about. :bang:

They used Oshkosh cause it's a Quasar shoutout

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah I really dug that. Sophia Di Martino did a great job of standing up to Hiddleston and that closing sequence was fantastic. And Loki is canonically bi :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Psychedelicatessen posted:

There's some gendery stuff going on too, but I don't know enough about that subject to properly comment on it

Speaking as a trans person I really hope Loki/Sylvie's gender expression is something that's acknowledged in the script. At the moment all it really does is serve as shorthand to establish how different Sylvie's variant is to Loki's. It's not genderfluid if Loki and Sylvie's genders are both fixed which is why I hope they dive into it more. If they just leave it like this then all it does as come across as a bunch of cis people trying to do a gender thing to be inclusive and not really getting it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lmao they hired Richard E. Grant as Loki and then made him wear that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress gently caress what the gently caress aaaaaaaaa :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just realised that the timeline breaking into a new multiverse is leading right into What If where the Watcher will be showing us these variant timelines which is why it's coming out straight after Loki :golfclap:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The World Inferno posted:

Disappointment of this being a limited run is offset by the prospect of a second season. Yay more Owen Wilson and may he yet get his jet ski.

Mobius should just get brought in the main Earth world when Loki finishes. He can get a desk job with New York Council and every time superheroes get in a fight he shows up to cheerfully tell them their breaking several city ordinances

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Glee

...It's ok, I'll see myself out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That was incredible

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They killed Tony again, 10/10

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Not that I'm ragging on more Kathryn Hahn cause obviously I'm not but I have no idea what they could do with an Agatha-led show. She's not exactly known for carrying her own storylines.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't think I've ever read a single Kate Bishop comic but man I love her already

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I am so hype for Vincent D'Onoforio in the MCU proper

Also Feige please rescue Krysten Ritter

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Teek posted:

I wonder if the watch belongs to Laura. The way she's been a knowledge resource and easily transitioned to Russian, I wonder if the watch was her parting gift when she retired from SHIELD? Maybe when she and Clint got married and started a home life, she gave up the spy life and raised the kids. This would match up to Clint saying it belonged to someone who has been out of the game for awhile.

Yeah that's what I thought too and Laura being a former badass makes sense for her understanding of the world Hawkeye lives in and also would be a really cool season finale reveal. Plus Linda Cardellini rules and should get to be awesome

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The best scene of the episode was Clint and Kate palling it up having good hearty Xmas fun and deep emotional convos

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

twistedmentat posted:

As I said, this show has been nailing the emotional beats perfectly.

if yelena goes to clints farm fir Xmas and meets his family my heart will be warmed.

I figure this happens but with Kate instead after her mum turns out to be evil

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I saw a theory that Laura had the Mockingbird callsign before Bobbi and I really hope it's true :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh my god Kate and Yelena are the BFFs I didn't know I needed in my life :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
VINCENT D'ONOFORIO LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man, there's no real standout moments that make me go holy poo poo but even so I think this might be my favourite of the Disney+ shows. My love for Kate, Clint and Yelena is so much that I could watch an entire series of them just taking Yelena on a sightseeing tour of NYC

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The easiest way of integrating the Netflix shows is to just recast Iron Fist with a dude who doesn't suck. Everyone loves Charlie Cox and Krysten Ritter and Mike Colter and all three can carry their weight in further products so just turf out the one guy who's poo poo and bring in someone else

Anyway when does Fiege announce our Kate Bishop/Yelena Romanov buddy cop movie? :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I saw the Spider movie. If we ever see Daredevil in the MCU, Feige you son of a bitch

live with fruit posted:

I rewatched the episode and it made me wonder if Pugh really brought it in that scene because Marvel has recently been rewarding overachievers, like with Echo and House of Harkness.

I doubt Pugh needs to worry about that. You don't cast a huge Hollywood actor to replace one of your top heroes without having intentions to keep them around. We'll be getting an announcement for a Kate/Yelena vehicle soon after the finale

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's no chance they're going to make Yelena a villain. She's one of the most popular phase 4 newbies and probably the most popular

live with fruit posted:

Is she a huge actor? She's great and an Oscar nominee but she still seems pre-breakout.

I mean she's not Tom Holland/Zendaya/Timothee Chalamet huge yet but she's clearly going to be

live with fruit posted:

Post-NWH take: The set up for another Spider-Man series, and I guess this explains Freshman Year, where he'll apparently fight a new Venom is very intriguing.

Freshman Year is pre-Homecoming

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Everyone posted:

"Hawkeye" is (presumably) Kate Bishop or Kate-Bishop as Yelena says who is female and possibly gay/bi
Black Widow is Yelena who is still female but possibly also gay/bi

Perhaps they could be gay for each other :thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"Kate you're my partner" :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kate and Yelena are literally the best

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I loved loved loved it. They captured everything I love about Hawkeye as a character and assuming this is Jeremy Renner's last ride the MCU finally did Clint justice and we got our confirmation that Hawkeye did end up with Mockingbird :3:. Hailee Stenfield has been an absolute revelation as Kate and her chemistry with Florence Pugh is off the charts. We have to get a season 2 confirmation or a movie or something announced like yesterday. I need more Kate/Yelena in my life. I also dug Echo and I'm looking forward to her show too which Kingpin will pretty clearly still be alive for.

Overall the show had a slow start but they closed out really strong, I still recognise that Wandavision is the best of the MCU shows but this is definitely going down as my favourite.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

live with fruit posted:

I like that Jack was just a himbo.

Yeah I liked that they held true to Swordsman not really being a baddie

Ignis posted:

I'm surprised you guys aren't angry about Kingpin getting offed after just one episode

He's obviously not dead though?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Parkingtigers posted:

I had to rewatch the elevator scene and the hallway chase three more times, that was magical.

I'm on Twitter just constantly rewatching clips, they're just so cute together :cry:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Soonmot posted:

i was so glad that there was no forced romance between widow and hawkeye originally, that they were just close frIENDS. More media needs to show intimate platonic friendships between men and women. But now i'm fully onboard the new hawkeye and widow shipping train

Men/women: friends, mates, besties
Women/women: lovers, sapphics, gay af

:hmmyes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kazil posted:

Is the owl something from the comics?

There's a villain called the Owl but they're not the same thing :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~