Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
This is my favorite marvel series by far. The wife and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Oasx posted:

Ms. Marvel is so good.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Xenomrph posted:

I unfriended someone on Facebook earlier today after we went back and forth over him (intentionally?) missing the point of a line of dialogue in the new She-Hulk show and how the “hack writers” of the show tried to “push an agenda” and therefore the entire show is trash and anyone who likes it should be mocked.

To be fair this unfriending had been a long time coming, he’s been full of pompous garbage opinions about pop culture for ages.

what was the agenda

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

kazil posted:

Has there been a single D+ show, MCU or Star Wars, that hasn't upset the chud crowd? Why do those idiots keep coming back to these shows if they hate them so much?

they need to be angry. its literally the only thing that keeps them going. hate for the other

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

without knowing, gonna guess "talking about how society is misogynist in any way"

edit: lol yep

To me that scene was a clear commentary on how society expects men to do little in controlling their emotions or expressing them, or to a point, even being aware of them. Every woman has experienced how close many men are to becoming rage monsters, especially if you turn them down for a date.

For Bruce, controlling his emotions and integrating them into his personality instead of just letting them rage uncontrolled was a huge ordeal that he was allowed to gently caress off to a beach house and do at his leisure. For the average woman, controlling your rage at the many injustices of the world you live in is something you learn at a young age or you are effectively ostracized.

Women are generally construed as being "overly" emotional but that's just many men interpreting them actually dealing with their emotions when many guys distance themselves and bury that part of themselves. Women on the whole tend to be much better at controlling emotions because they have to be.

That line resonated with almost every woman I know and caused a lot of head scratching or annoyance by many of the men.

Yeah my wife kept going "yup. Feel that. Yup. She gets me."
I'm excited for episode 2

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I liked that episode a lot. Without reading this thread or any other takes I assume people are mad about it

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Parkingtigers posted:

I can’t believe there are still people, including *in this thread*, who keep denying either the existence of these incels, or the extent to how many there are of them. Getting several hundred thousand views (and sometimes a million+) on a video which is just “a woman exists and you should be angry about it” is a loving industry at this point.

They did it for Captain Marvel, they did it for Black Widow, they did it for Ms. Marvel, they’re doing it for She-Hulk. They don’t do it for the men. Well, apart from Sam Wilson Captain America and I don’t know why they turned on hi… actually I do know why they turned on him. (Their favourite thing there was posting the clip of Steve running faster than Sam and… you know Sam can fly, right?)

These shows can never go hard enough on these CHUDs, and the reality will always be worse by an order of magnitude than anything seen on screen.

the incels are coming from inside the thread. I regret going back and reading posts. Some of ya'll have never spoken to a woman before

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Episode was good. Show is good.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

What a good episode.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Super Deuce posted:

Is that supposed to be funny? It’s so far removed from my sense of humor I honestly can’t tell. It looks like a skit that Tim and Eric would have turned down.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

delightful posted:

This show has been the weirdest experience for me because I previously subscribed and watched videos from people like Critical Drinker and I'm watching his videos while watching this show and just wondering... is he watching a different show? Like at the very worst this is a harmless and fairly inoffensive show, unless you're "one of those guys" the show lambasts... so, I guess what I'm saying is, I'm dumb and I have unsubscribed from an idiot.

Video in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rt0en0f_pU

Looking through their other videos I'm concerned about how much of this guy you've been watching

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Did we watch the same show? She-Hulk ended wonderfully

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dang just finished Loki and really enjoyed it. Finale was on point

Elendil004 posted:

Saw the Marvels last night, only group in the theater but frankly it was a solid as hell movie. Short, funny, moved itself along and didn't try and do too much but still built some on the characters.

I'll go see it this weekend I think

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I just watched the marvels and enjoyed it

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

Show quite good!

Hell yeah. I watched the first 2 episodes while eating a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch and am now rewatching the original series. It hits differently watching it in order and also not being a not child

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I'm binging the original animated X-Men series and it's so loving good. Also watching the live action movies at night. They mean a lot more now that I'm learning their animated and comic backstories.
Mutants rule

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

howe_sam posted:

His stone cold 100% accurate portrayal of Weird Al?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

This was great

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Rewatching original animated X-Men rules and everyone should do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Azhais posted:

It's too bad, I bet the guy that played Captain America would make a passable human torch