Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The ad in the second episode was about Stucker giving you time, so I wouldn't rule out Hydras involvement. I did always think Stucker got taken out real easy in the MCU.

I know he has a SWORD logo but I'm calling that that's Swarm, because the Nazi bee dude is second only to stilt man in my list of hilarious villains I want in the MCU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, the episode to credits ratio is a bit off. I guess that's an advantage of streaming, since they wouldn't put that into a TV time slot..

Disney + is bad for it. I was rewatching Gravity Falls and the Gravity Falls shorts are more than 50% credits by run time.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I'm in my early 30s and here in the UK they played a lot of Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie back in the 90s so I definitely got what they were going for.

I kind of wish Paul Bettany would've tried to pull off an old school BBC voice, much like Elizabeth Olsen's overegged 50s sitcom accent but you can't have everything.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Everyone posted:

I admit that scene with the Ancient put a new, interesting spin on the events of Doctor Strange. He wasn't just some guy who was (reluctantly) given the chance to learn magic and turned out to be really good at it. The Ancient One had her eye on him from the very start Did she have more than her eye on Strange? Did the Ancient One set up the car wreck that set him on the path to sorcery?

I think that's consistent with Doctor Strange. I think it comes up in that movie that the Ancient One basically knew how her entire life would play out, so she's known Strange would replace her as Sorcerer Supreme for decades.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Boxman posted:

The "problem" is that that sort of emotional fallout among average people is something that superhero comics, in general, are not particularly well equipped to handle. Which is a shame, because when less ultra-high-stakes storytelling exists in the cape universes, we get cool as hell poo poo like Alias and Gotham Central. But it's doubly difficult for movies & tv, since the budget on those would still be relatively high compared to throwing a monthly book at someone with a good idea.

This makes me think of one time when some random office worker is berating Natasha for giving her condolences for someone who died in a big superhero punchup, and the line is something like "when one of you dies, there might be a clone, or time travel, or maybe they just come back. But dead is dead for us."

I'm sure someone else made the observation in this thread, but, like, 9/11 drove america insane. Imagine if 9/11 also involved a space portal opening over midtown. But all we get is a couple off hand references to the Battle of New York. :shobon:

Whenever this line of thinking comes up, I always remember a bit from Blue Beetle. During one of the various universe-ending crises that DC likes to have every couple of in-universe months, Jaime Reyes is trapped out in space for about a year and has to try and explain his absence to all the people in his life that don't know he's a superhero. So he just says that, during the crisis, he just vanished blip style and woke up in the middle of the desert a year later. This half-assed story completely works because it's the DC universe and everyone knows someone who randomly disappeared into space, was turned into a gorrilla, became a black lantern etc at some point or other and is never brought up again.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, it looks like Cap 4, which is what I expected. Again, the plan was for this to be the first of these shows, so it's "hey, it's the MCU but on your TV", and then Loki and WandaVision were meant to get a little weirder (but still marketably so). But COVID happened and here we are.

The Captain America movies were the best ones so thats good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
Vision said corporal when he meant corporeal
Show ruined.