Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

I think it's two episodes this week because of their classic sitcom length, going forward it's one longer episode a week? Not 100% though.

I don't think Sword are controlling the bubble in a Truman style way. From the bashing sounds, drones, sewer beekeeper & radio messages it seems like Sword are trying to force their way in to the sitcom bubble. And judging from the radio messages they are under the impression that someone else is inflicting this on Wanda etc.

The choking scene is a pretty good clue about the set-up. The boss challenges details of the reality and begins to choke. The wife's repeated 'stop it' is actually aimed at Wanda. Vision only acts when given express instruction because he's not real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

So in-universe did they livestream the endgame battle?

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

So with:

1) SWORDs name change,
2) the technology SWORDs developed during the blip.
3) The video of Wanda's raid, where SWORD are experimenting on Vision

4)The Director's speech about hard choices etc.
5) Heyward tracking Vision

We're clearly leading up to something with SWORD i.e. building evil weapons or some other evil scheme.

JoylessJester fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Feb 12, 2021

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

Yeah. It sucks to see reasonable objections to the woman who took over an entire town be put in the mouth of a stock villain so that we can accept the questionable logic of Rambeau and others

If you think about westview as a typical hostage situation. Rambeau and Jimmy are taking an understand & deescalate approach, which is pretty standard. The director's agressive approach would be likely to get the hostages harmed/killed.

I don't think 'we need to talk this women down, because we literally can't outgun her' is that questionable based on what the characters know.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

Disappointed that there is actually an evil mastermind secretly controlling the situation but I guess it's not like you couldn't see it coming. I'd much rather watch a superhero having a nervous breakdown than have to her dealing with some cackling villain.

Oh well, at least Kathryn Hahn looks like she's having fun with it

The two might not be mutually exclusive!

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

I thought we might of finally got past people with similiar powers but different colored costumes fighting each other as the ending in marvel projects. But looks like Hex Vison will fight White Vision and the Scarlet Witch will fight the Purple Witch for 30 mins next week. Dissapointing after the show took a few chances earlier in the season.

Oh well I'm sure watching Falcon take on the mantle of Cap will be interesting, as long as he isn't fighting U.S agent or something *is handed note* For god's sake....

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

I know the thread's moved on but,

Isn't the point of the Banner/Anicent One conversation not that putting the stones back would avoid the creation of split timelines but that without infinity stones the new timelines would be 'doomed' in someway?

I though that statement was intended to build up to whatever wacky phase 4 stuff happens in the now stoneless Main MCU timeline.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

The Visions though experimenting it out was good, the rest was a resumption of Marvel norms.

Wandavision has demostrated that the leads are capable of doing alot more then they get in MCU if given the chance, so hopefully they'll get work out it.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

If you want to talk about Disney stars clearly being told to shut up. Mark Rufflo's pathetic backtracking on I/P is the most recent example.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Thundercracker posted:

Just from a pragmatic standpoint an actor that knows when to shut the gently caress up on social media on all political opinions must be worth its weight in gold. Like, I'm sure Pratt has some heinous views but at this point it's all conjecture because he's been dead silent.

Yeah it took years drilling message discipline and media training to kill interesting late night tv appearances and now the same is coming into affect on social media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

RBX posted:

Luke being a hobo is different but different doesn't equal good. Or smart. Making one of the Heroes of generations a failed old man in his first reappearance in years is monumentally stupid in so many ways.

If Luke was being a cool super jedi, how would explain the first order and their massive new death star thing? For the first order to exist in FA all the old heroes need to have f'd up pretty bad.