Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I like Ned, but man - Ganke in Insomniac's universe is just a stronger punchier take on the character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Wandavision was alarmingly cool with condoning mass forced slavery so I'll never quite give that a positive review. Captain Falcon was fine, I guess? Action scenes varied wildly in quality and the plotting was, charitably, a mess that imploded in a gloriously chaotic final episode.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Charlie Cox is the best casting across the entire MCU, barring maybe RDJ.

he just GETS every facet of the character. From the boundless wells of charm to the way he steps with Catholic Guilt to the way he is fundamentally a complete rear end in a top hat to those around him .

Netflix's Marvel output is patchy but daredevil and Jessica Jones's first seasons are pure lightning in a bottle.

(Punisher season 1 is great too, for that matter. Finally made the dude interesting)

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm a fan of whenever the MCU gets weird, so definitely dug the She-Hulk finale. It also gets a stronger rating then WandaVision because it doesn't... *check notes*... downplay slavery. God, that finale blew chunks.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I loving hate "who's the secret Skrull impostor" nonsense we're about to go through. Just a way for writers to lazily retcon stuff to try and fart out an ending.

The one and only time a "Spot the Secret alien" narratively worked for me was BSG's Cylons.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Was it just me or did this episode look.... cheap? Hard to explain but it feels slapdash and just Not Quite Right.

Happy that Cobie Smulders hopefully gets more to do away from the MCU. I'm sure she still made some drat fine money, but Marvel notoriously underpays their actors unless you're at the top of the ticket.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I just want to point out that Agent Carter is the best MCU TV show and its not even close. I'm legitimately sad that we're all watching these endless crop of TV and evefyone is just skipping past Agent Carter on Disney Plus :(

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I loving hate OOOO who is a SECRET alien storylines. I'm gonna be grouchy as hell about this all the way through.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Interesting to see Marvel finally start (tentatively) agreeing to a more traditional Showrunner With Writers structure. I'll believe it when I see it, but they may have learned you can't "fix it in post" like their increasingly undercooked movies.

Just coax Drew Goddard or Steven DeKnight with a huge rear end paycheck to lead Daredevil.

RIP To She-Hulk though. early episodes were rough but they really rallied and gave us a great conclusion. The exact opposite of most Marvel stuff! A second season with teh tone of the finale could have been something special.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah, I had no idea that they apparently filmed HALF of Daredevil's planned season before junking it and starting over. Which begs the question... how bad were they?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

gently caress it, just re-enact all the deleted courtroom scenes from the Affleck Daredevil movie. RIP Coolio

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Does anyone have a quick link/summary of Echo's troubled production? Like was their episode order slashed midway or something?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

was Echo filmed during COVID protocols? There's a lot of weird choppy edits, and not just in the (admittedly fun!) fight scenes.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The Dave posted:

I can remember the crowd in the theater going apeshit seeing Thor’s hammer and even if you weren’t super interested in him you were riding the buzz of Iron Man and now anticipating the next one.

I know COVID hosed both our own sense of time and MCU's timetable. But 100% this. I felt like we'd get a tease and then six months later, at most, we'd get a movie and another payoff.

Like Shang-Chi is going to approach three years before the next movie even begins filming.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Creative team somehow found a way to balance 90s cheese with a gentle update that feels like an extension instead of a diversion. It also nails the two key ingredients.
First, there's a Trump-tainted edge to the world's bigotry .The animated series riffed on the AIDS crisis and the live action stuff steered into LGBTQ allegory ("have you ever tried not being a mutant?") This time out we've got villains flat-out quoting Great Replacement Theory and very thinly veiled January 6th references.
Secondly though, it remembers that great X-Men stories are... well... messy soap operas that cheerfully traffic in melodrama and hormones. So. many. hormones.
It's a LOT. But god, it is so good to have a superhero property that doesn't feel like a clumsy Whedon Xerox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

On the one hand, Goblin Queen definitely needed two episodes.

On the other, they've only got 10 episodes to play with, with no guarantees of any renewal when they were arc'ing these out. So yeah, I'd probably speedrun as much as I could too.

We're definitely going to head to space at some point, if only so they can bring back Professor X before the credits roll.