Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

that was a fun first episode.
Tom Hiddleston, Owen, and Huy really sell it all. I think Loki has the best set of actors to work with. Could just watch all 3 talking in a room for the whole episode.
So I guess the mystery in the first episode is who attempted to prune Loki in the 'future' as Selvie was coming out of the elavator. He never found the timestick so someone else stabbed him from behind.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Oct 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

which parts are AI generated?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

do we know what the budget for each episode of Loki S2 is running on?
hope Ke Huy Quan appears again and wasn't just an episode 1 cameo role. please give this guy more work so he doesn't go into another self imposed exile for another 20 years

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 8, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

yea.

And Thor seems done, would have loved this actually good meaning Loki to meet up with Thor and actually give eachother closure.
I think a flaw this entire phase has is that they dumped some actual huge lore and world progression into the Disney+ shows, but the movies have to pretend the theater audience hasn't watched any Disney+ stuff, so every single movie feels empty with almost no connection between any of them. Secret Invasion ended with a world changing event that should be affecting any movies set after it, but feel its gonna be ignored.

Unlike the first marvel phases which were very cohesive. Like wtf is this mess of a setup we have so far with The Ten Rings, Dr. Strange, Ant-man, Wakanda Forever, Eternals.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

ok, the cold open in ep2 is sweet.
my boy Loki, I thought you forgot you could do magic, nice to see you remember your roots.

Just finished it.

Lol @ the end. I was kind of laughing.
err, I guess bombing the timelines does kill them? But the way everyone was standing trying to act solemn. Like I guess B-15 is super invested in it, but the other people, particularly OB probably shouldn't care less. Looks like it bought a lot of time so it doesn't all overload. So in the end, a net-positive imo.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 14, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Wouldn’t be the first time stuff from marvel trailers are missing or altered from the actual final product

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

hope they introduce a food of the week each episode
then at the last episode, i will have a meal of Mcd, Key Lime Pie.

and maybe egg rolls next week, and some type of candy

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

pie scene was good.

how dare they spend time trying to actually establish a main characters emotions and conflicts instead of just exchanging quips back and forth.

its really nice how Loki cares about Mobius btw, he's like his first real friend.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

maybeadracula posted:

I don't think so, actually.

We saw it partially eaten.

I will say that empty cups is my biggest TV and movies pet peeve. It's so obvious and so easy to fix. Or stuff like the straw sucking noise foleyd over someone drinking a brand new full beverage. Cups!

the guy "sipping" from his shake was so fake! faaaakkkke!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

a bit late, but I didn't care for Loki S2 ep3.

I do not care about Renslayer at all.
The Kang was interesting though.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

watched Loki S2 ep5, wow.
I guess I see what they were trying to do, but what a filler of an episode. Like 5minutes of it was important. Kind of a 'we should try to save some budget episode'

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Why is Sylvie being so difficult this season

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

that was a pretty strong finish on Loki S2.
probably the strongest one of the MCU disney+ shows by far.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The Hollywood Reporter says that Marvel is "taking stock" after the financial failure of The Marvels and planning a significantly reorganized strategy going forward.

- De-prioritization of Disney+ shows and their connection to the movies.

- Only 1 movie release next year (this was already likely the plan due to the strikes, but it is now confirmed that nothing but Deadpool 3 will release next year)

- Deadpool 3 delayed again to July 26th.

- Captain America 4 delayed for 9 months from the original release date to February 14th, 2025.

- Thunderbolts delayed again for another 6 months to July 25, 2025.

- Blade delayed another 9 months to Nov. 7, 2025.

- May pair down theatrical releases to 1 or 2 per year after 2025.

- Feige and his team are doing a thorough review of all the major tentpole releases, will return to Feige directly overseeing all major projects, and will delay them if Feige and his team haven't had time to go over them sufficiently before release.

- Part of this transition and de-emphasis on the continuity of D+ shows means that Feige will be working primarily on films again and Marvel will have official showrunners in charge of most of the story decisions of the shows.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/marvel-studios-rethinks-movie-strategy-marvels-1235645119/

its finally over. the comic book era is over.

the videogame era is now here.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I didn't have that much of a problem with Secret Wars, just that at the end, it became Not-So-Secret Wars and should be a big global impact on the MCU as a whole, but seems like its gonna be ignored.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

they spent a lot of time setting up Female Wars and looks like they have no idea what to do with it.
with Elaine, other secret service lady, Shang Chi's sister, captain america blonde lady, echo, ironheart

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i think the thing about the Loki seasons is that it stuck its landing so well
it told an actual complete story.

unlike the other marvel tv shows which told half a story and used the other half to limp in with some vague future setup with no direction.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

speed rewatching Loki S1.

was gonna decide if I wanted to try again to watch The Marvels, but decided to hold off again and ordered a cheeseburger instead

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Just found out the new season started.
Ran thru episode 1, was alrite. I did dig the Noir style detective story.

Episode 2 felt way too easy.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

someone in the writers room must really think Korg is the greatest thing ever

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

up to What If ep6

err am I suppose to know who this girl is?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Got around to finishing What If S2 ep7.
pretty decent. I like that Hela and Wenwu got together, need more of him. I feel Odin jobbed hard at the end lol.
Also, leave Thanos alone, geez

starting
What if S2 ep8
wow, wanda, I feel like you could have chosen a much better hero than Captain Carter in your world/universe ending situation...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Any other important SHIELD TV show characters that were left forgotten forever

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i'm speechless Coulson and Stark never met again

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i have a few problems with the last episode of What if season 2 where its just a mess and has some "he just acts like this just because.." that a lot of the episodes this season is plagued with and the buildup was nowhere as decent as in S1

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I’m giving what if s2 overall a 6/10
S1 for me was a 8/10

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

the game has the best version of Mantis

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

What marvel tv is coming out after Echo

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

is DD still dating She-hulk

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ep1 Echo is a pretty good catchup on events to the present.

So Echo toe to toe w/ DD.

But Hawkeye > Echo

so, Hawkeye > DD?

I only ever really watched the first season of DD and half of Defenders, but does DD usually trade that many hits? I guess when he was starting out, he did get roughed up a lot. I like he just tanks a bunch of Maya's kicks and barely moves.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Yea, Hawkeye has had a full career

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ronin was such a jerk, what did those Yazuka do wrong?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Bring back Kid Hawkeye’s stepfather, The Fencer?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

They slap peak human on almost every named character that isn’t overweight, it’s such a filler word

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

skill issue.

Biscuit is such a good guy.
Maya, stop being a fool!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Echo ep2

So they decided territory disputes by playing a sports game. I think they just went to war and killed eachother like every other civilization that time period.
They're gonna have to sell me much harder on this ancestral tribe magic. They already used this card on Ms. Marvel on reinventing her powers and having it be linked to a race from another dimension. And they're doing it again here.

James Bond intro is sweet.
Really liking the community in the town, everyone is interesting to me, even if Echo is being a total idiot not caring about anyone and starting a war just because she's full of hate and anger. Didn't you hear anything Hawkeye said?

Surprised everyone here still knows how to use sign language....like that was 20 years ago, and I guess they all learned it for like 2-5 years when Echo was a kid, but she left for 20 years and everyone seems to sign as if they never forgot. I probably would have forgot how to sign if I never used it for 20 years.

The train sequence was decent. The dog does not react to anything lol. Probably because its just surrounded by green screens.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Still not done with Echo, but heard they changed her powers, so does her name not make sense anymore.
heard it’s like a lesser version of Taskmasters “photographic reflexes” or the same thing, in which case Echo makes sense, but if she doesn’t have that, does her powers still align with the name?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

wow, episode 3 of X-men 97 has so much good poo poo.

so freaky. and amazing dialogue.
reviewers had early access to the first 3 episodes, and they did mention that episode 3 was amazing.

I feel like the old show didn't really show the X-Men just living inside the mansion, they just used the command room to hold meetings. feels like they showing their homelives a lot more here.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i have no idea of the order it goes in the comics, but this is what the str. of an animation show like this is done, just cherry pick all the interesting ones and put all the great ones in one show.

So for the joke in the 3rd episode

Did Morph actually input the reservations for Rogue/Magneto in the danger room for all day as a practical joke? Cause Gambit was right that they were on patrol that day.

Kind of a weird cut. Like oh wow, this 2nd Jean appeared. Next scene.

Oh well, let's go spar in the danger room, Gambit, me and Wolverine, how about it? My boyfriend arrived, so I'm gonna watch a movie with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

how did Goblin Queen pull off that Sailor Moon transformation anyway? Like that's neither telekinesis or telepathy..with the dying it all black and stuff. I assumed the materials was her old school uniform that spilled from the dresser.