Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

No, see this is Disney compromising with the SJWs by putting all the pandering 'diversity' into one movie, probably because that stuck-up bitch Larson made her agent threaten poor Feige with a lawsuit if they fired her.

...I feel dirty writing that even as a joke.

That's probably verbatim what someone like Overlord DVD said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The_Doctor posted:

I should give AoS another go at some point. The last thing I saw was Simmons getting sucked into a rock, and that was it for that season.

You really should keep going, that whole storyline is great.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Andrew_1985 posted:

I just want them to explain Wanda’s accent. Did she watch too many sitcoms and magic it away?

I think it's safe to say that whatever is causing the reality around Wanda is also making her into a specific character. Her accent will probably change with each Sitcom Era.

I was talking with a coworker about the Ms Marvel series and I really hope a part of it is showing how regular people view the heroes, what impact they have had on pop culture and such. We see a bit in Spider-Man with the Cap educational videos, but I'd love to see some very meta stuff like Halloween costumes of the Hulk that consist of a mask and a plastic smock with the Hulk going "Hulk Smash!" on it. Like Kamala's crappy costume's helmet looks like something you could buy; Real Captain Marvel Helmet, Crest Really Glows!

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 9, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gavok posted:

There was a time when Deadpool and Hawkeye teamed up and Deadpool invented a trick arrow that was just Hulk Hands filled with explosives at the end of an arrow. I want that to show up in the Hawkeye Disney+ series.

You were thinking of the exact same thing as I was.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's weird, the episodes were not showing up for me until i straight up searched for them. Not even the New On Disney Plus thing showed it, and selecting the banner just took me to the Marvel section of D+.

Paul Bettany should be a bigger star.

This really, really captures how crummy but charming old sitcom writing.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jan 15, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
IS there two episodes every week or is it just this week?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think my favorite exchange from the 2 episodes is

Vision : Its purely for mastication!
Neighborhood watch guy : Uhhhh...i don't do that kind of thing

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Viv was in Champions too, and I think she has expressed interest in other women and kissed Ironheart at one point. Spoilers for a 2 year old comic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gonz posted:

This is extraordinarily 70s right now.

The dining room table is exactly what my grandparents had when I was a kid. My grandfather when he retired was given a huge amount of money and he bough a house and furnished it in the finest way you could in the late 70s.

Based on the end of this Looks like the town is real, and the people in town are real, but Wanda is in control and creating her perfect world. Whether this is something she is doing on her own volition or being manipulated into doing remains to be seen. Clearly Monica being sent inside caused her to be effected to but not completely, as she was able to remember things.

Assuming that Agnes is Agatha Harnkess, I figure she did something to Wanda and was trapped inside, and is trying to manipulate Wanda for some unknown end. Also is there any good images of Agnes' broach? She's always wearing it and it almost looks like a Grim Reaper or something. I've not seen it mentioned in any of the "things you missed" videos I've seen.

I figure that we'll find out more of whats going on now that we've seen the outside world. Probably just learn what Jimmy Woo and Darcy and the rest of Sword know. Also I'm not going to be surprised this ends with at least Billy officially being in the MCU, and this leading to some form of Young Avengers show. Billy, America, Kate and adding in Kamala plus maybe Miles or Sam and of course Teddy, can't have Billy without Teddy being in a young avengers D+ show in a year or two, hell ya

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BlackIronHeart posted:

I like that they dialed back the sitcom-ness and delved more into Wanda exerting her will on the town and others showing their angst/fear of that. This isn't Marvel doing Leave It To Beaver & The Brady Bunch, it's Marvel doing The Twilight Zone. It's also incredibly tragic because we've seen that Wanda is aware of what's happening thanks to the beekeeper and now Vision/Geraldine questioning this idyllic false reality. She's denying the tragedies in her life by preferring to live in this false Wandaverse and, while no one can really blame her, it's just so, so sad.

I'd describe it as Lynchian. He loves to have idyllic towns torn apart by dark secrets coming out.

Also I hope that them mentioning a daughter means that Viv will appear. She'll just appear as the precious and too cute youngest kid that sitcoms think people like

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

McSpanky posted:

An excuse for emotionless chalk white Vision? I'm here for it.

Yea I've been expecting that for ages now.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I also feel like that Trillion Dollar Multinationals are above thinking what some church group is worried about these days.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just hope at the end Wanda isn't responsible for all this because I don't want Phase 4 being the phase where everyone is trying to kill Wanda.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, just remember after House of M and M Day it was years before people stop wanting to kill her on sight. Though I doubt she's going to genocide anyone in the MCU, so "That Witch will burn!" won't be happening.

But yea making this a result of her trauma is a good way to go. As long as there isn't a "oh she just had to get over it" moment.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Open Source Idiom posted:

Surely that imperative is implicit to the narrative? Or am I not following?

I mean its not been spelled out, but yea its most likely. Though this straight up could be her being controlled by a outside force as well. I'm just hoping they are a bit more sensitive to mental trauma and illness and not do the usual "all you needed to do is accept this terrible thing and you'll be normal again!".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holy poo poo the intro for ep4 starts right as everyone is snapped back. Oh that's a horrible way for Monica to come back. Nice to hear Carol's voice briefly

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jesus christ that episode. :stare:

I'm glad Darcy wasn't just a joke casting, she actually knows her poo poo. I kinda wished Jimmy Woo said "I know Ant-Man" and she retorted "I know Thor".

I wonder if this episode will mark a change in the series, less total immersion in the sitcom world.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
As mentioned I can totally see Dr Strange showing up at the end to help Wanda. or hell even Carol showing up too. though that's far fetched.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The actor who was the beekeeper was apparently in a scene selling ice cream in the intro for season 3, so I guess he was just incorporated into the cast?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

tsob posted:

I forgot about that. I suppose my only hope is that they only have the Skrulls replace people relatively recently, rather than imply they've been doing it for 30 years since the events of Captain Marvel and that everything some characters did, like say Cap, was just a Skrull infiltrator and not the real Thor. Or only replace relatively minor characters, rather than notable Avengers or something. Hopefully with Marvel setting Falcon up to replace Cap, Yelena to replace Natasha as Black Widow, Jane or Valkyrie to replace Thor, Tony having a kid and dying selflessly etc. they don't use it as an excuse to undercut and reset any of the big name characters.

Pretty sure the Kree will be the Secret Invasion enemies.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
All those tracksuit aren't free you know.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Because I have no idea how to steal images from instagram, here is a screen shot. Can anyone identify whats in the top TV on Darcy's top? Spoilered just in case

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Kang turns out to be a alternative universe Tony that invented Tine Travel.

But he's voiced by Tony Todd until the reveal.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Karla Soften AKA Moonstone is a therapist. I am am thinking she'll be the villain of Captain Marvel 2 so a good place to introduce her and set in that she desires powers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Works for Douglas' character too

Doug Ramsay is going to be in WandaVision?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay the pictures of Baby Vision are god drat hilarious.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So mentioning Captain Marvel to Monica struck a nerve.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like Visions floppy 80s hair. It's very Julian Glover in Scrooged.

Also, the house is Growning Pains right? I remember the Family Ties one looking different, though I think that was mostly in the Kitchen? I haven't seen any of these shows in 30 years.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

the scene with Wanda coming out to return the drone really showed how loving scary she can be when she wants, and yeah, if we do the "Wanda, the kids aren't real" thing it's gonna be bad for the MCU in the best possible way. Also I like that even with her show of force to the agents of SWORD, the show still went out of the way to say she doesn't know how it started, so I sense foul play from someone else even with Wanda being quite villainous herself

Yea I think that when she came out of the Hex, this was some kind of defensive part of herself, the same one that threw Monica out of it. That when the 'reality' of the show is challenged, this part of her asserts herself. It's sorta like Jane in Doom Patrol, but rather than it being a consensual decision to go into a new personality, it comes out when needed. Probably her angry, vindictive side, the one that offed Ultron in a cruel manner is seperate from the caring, heroic one that Cap sees in her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

seaborgium posted:

I think more Family Ties, for some reason I think of that as a house with a more wood panelled/brownish interior and Growing Pains as more white paint.

Though the theme song for this week somehow got way more than just one vibe to it. It's really good.

I think what's throwing me off is I remember most of Family Ties happening in the back of the house, the kitchen/dining area and Growing Pains with the front of the house. Though having a staircase right there was common because it created an easy place for characters too appear from.

But holy poo poo god drat what the gently caress Quicksilver, and its X-men Quicksilver! Now seriously, everything is off the table. Elliot Page showing up as Kitty? Sophie Turner as Jean? That would be hilarious "I know what its like to go crazy and destroy everything, like seriously, i know exactly what you're going through. Or even real long shots like Jackman, Stewart or McKellan? Seriously, Evan Peter's showing up opens a huge door. And I'm perdicting that this is legit, Peter Maximoff from Fox X-men universe, that Wanda plucked out of time and space, and not just a construct that is based on him.

God drat next friday can't come fast enough.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The shots of Vision in SWORD custody suggested they were taking him apart, as he looked like he was in pieces in a lab. Probably going to found out they were loving around with him seeing how he worked and trying to rebuild him under their control. Also an early theory I had was that AIM was inside of SWORD like Hydra was inside SHIELD. That's why the guy became a beekeeper, because Wanda knew that he was in AIM from taking control of him. But you don't need to be AIM to do sneaky evil science.

Gonz posted:

I’m mildly bummed that we haven’t had this guy as a guest star yet.

When Wanda starts the credits while Vision is yelling at her that its not over reminds me so much of Too Many Cooks

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sammus posted:

That was pretty hosed up; it probably didn't do good things to her mental wellbeing, or her image of SWORD as friendly people who just want to help.

Which would explain why Monica was accepted because Wanda could tell that she was not part of that SWORD. If Wanda invaded the minds of Darcy and Woo she'd probably get a similar result.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea when Monica says Wanda protected her so she didn't get hurt when she was tossed out of the Hex, its very possible Wanda's protection was giving Monica some kind of power. Hell, Wanda would have seen how much Monica as a kid idolized Carol and made her deepest wish to be just like Auntie Carol if that existed. Also Monica being clearly uncomfortable with Captain Marvel being mentioned is possibly because she went off into space, never came back, and clearly hasn't visited Monica post Blip. Without her mom and and Carol, the two people most important in her life are gone, one is dead, but the other looks like they just forgot about her. Though for all we know, Carol did come back and visit Maria during the Snapping Time, but Monica wouldn't know that.

And yes, 80s fashion was horrrrrrrrible. So many floral pattern things for women.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did they ever say that the people trapped in the bubble were actually from Westview? I got the sense that they were from all over Jersey, and Westview itself was construct?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

They seem to be a bit inconsistent on how the control of the townspeople works. Possibly deliberately so. "Norm" was clearly totally unaware until Vision snapped him out of it, but Agnes was self-aware enough to realise that Vision messed up the 'take'.

EDIT: Speculation about Vision stuff: SWORD guy is definitely hiding that they were ignoring Vizh's living will and experimenting on his body, right? Wanda found out, was pissed and stole it back, then Westview happened?

There is a shot in one of the trailers that I thought was Wanda assaulting the camp outside, but now i think is from a flashback we'll get, probably next week, of Wanda rescuing Visions body from SWORD. She probably was told that he'd get a respectful burial, then found out that, no Vision is being deconstructed. That is probably why she went off her nut and attacked everyone.

And with Agnes being more aware than everyone else shows that she is more a part of this than the others. She has much more agency than the others, and often is driving Wanda and Vision to fullfill their roles

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd not be surprised if they go for a late 80s sitcom for the next episode, as there is a good differance between the late 80s/early 90s from the early 80s, and then we get 2000s.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gonz posted:

It’s been seemingly forever since Legion ended and I still can’t get this goddamn song out of my head.

Curse you, Noah Hawley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q6YJ-r5SQs

The best part about that is its literally like a 3 second clip of the song and its been stuck in the collective mind of the Legion thread even to this day.

Mooseontheloose posted:

That and there were so few family sitcoms from the mid 90s to like the mid 2000s.

And these those running started in the late 80s.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd hope they'd offer Lawrence a better part than Mystique.

*imagines her as Emma Frost, instantly arrested by the Horny Police*

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Isn't Mr Sunday Movies a huge chud? Or am I again confusing them with someone else?

And Inhumans is its own, bad, crummy thing that the only good that came out of it is that it gave Anson Mount attention. I watched the whole drat thing and god it was awful. Like Maximus is literally committing murder constantly, and at the end we're suppose to feel sorry for him? Or Medusa saying "I'll never forgive you for this" when Maximus cuts all her hair off (because animating hair would be expensive) when we already know he hates her, wow good threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The United States posted:

Yeah, you might be getting them confused with someone else. Here are some of their retweets from Insurrection Day.

There was totally a guy with like a deep British accented voice that outed himself as a chud when, of course, captain marvel came out. I am thinking his name was me Sunday movies.

Its not midnights edge who is a Chud.