Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This is giving me big Hobbs and Shaw vibes except with 2 way more boring leads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

I thought the main reason that Howard didn't return as Rhodey was over money

in that he wanted an absurd amount to come back after Iron Man was a hit

Marvel were the assholes here for signing him to a big contract and then recasting him for the crime of checks notes asking them to honor the contract.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

I was listening to an interview with the head writer yesterday, and her only complaint about shuffling the episode order around so episode 8 was now episode 1 was she would've written the episode a little differently if she had known from the beginning they were going to start with a premise pilot.

Wait, they were gonna have ep8 be the origin story? Right before the finale? :psyduck:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Bloop posted:

Not much to add. Really enjoying this show. Great fun

:same:

The sub 30 min runtime is just perfect too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1566223078077747202

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

She Hulk continues to be great. Blonsky's therapy group was fantastic.

Poor Jen can never catch a break on the dating scene.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Malia_Arrayah/status/1575534561189974017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1575605408709779456

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DD doing the walk of shame was great. I like fun DD rather than overly broody netflix DD.

Firebert posted:

Charlie Cox is like RDJ-level of perfect casting for Matt, it’s absolutely insane. Season 3 was so long ago and he hasn’t missed a beat.

Absolute banger episode

:agreed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

tsob posted:

She's worn it in several She-Hulk features they've released from what I remember; though whether they were all done on the same day, or she re-wore it for a few different filming things is in question, as someone raised earlier in the thread. I re-watched the 3 trailers released for the show, including the mid-season one, just to see what scenes in them haven't come up yet out of curiosity, since I was pretty sure most everything that wasn't shown as of last week was in this episode and yeah, the only scene I can find that hasn't come up in any of the 3 trailers is one short scene of Abomination walking through a crowd that appear to be cheering him in the mid-season trailer. That and maybe another of She-Hulk in her superhero outfit landing in a warehouse of some kind. I don't think that was in this week's episode at least. It's a very generic shot that doesn't give anything away.

It's pretty cool that they put essentially nothing from the finale in any of the trailers, and leaves it a pretty open question what'll happen. About the only thing it means for certain is that Abomination will feature in some capacity; though it's not really clear how at all. So we might get a bit more Titania, Wong(ers), Madysynn etc. There's no indication who she'll be fighting or anything. Can't wait for next week's finale. The show has been really fun so far, the latest episode was probably the strongest episode yet and it's definitely close to the top of the MCU shows for me; if not MCU stuff full stop, so the finale would have to be a real stinker to kill my interest in the show. I know MCU stuff typically doesn't have great finales, but I think the show has done enough to warrant some trust and anticipation, so I'm definitely hopeful they'll nail the landing.

In regards to your spoilers: I really hope that they don't have a last second twist of Emil being the mastermind all along. I like his rehabilitation.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lmao so it was that easy to make a device for Jen.

Wow this went off the rails fast, and not in a good way. The opening was the only good part of this episode. I can't believe they managed to stumble the rest of the finale like that. The 4th wall breaking wasn't nearly as smart or clever as they thought it would be.

Jerusalem posted:

(I didn't really like the way Blonsky's stuff was handled, though at least it appeared he was completely unaware of the Intelligentsia's philosophy and was just throwing empty self-help phrases at them)
This was extremely disappointing. Maybe even moreso than if he had been a villain the whole time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rappaport posted:

Emil chat

In a show about social justice, it's kind of fitting that reformed Emil was screwed by the po-po. Man's gotta feed his 8 (?) wives!

Also in case you missed it, Emil got a happier ending in the mid-credits scene.

He got screwed by bad writing. Why even have him show up if you are just gonna gently caress him over and then attempt to right that wrong by having Wong bust him out of prison. Just all around sloppy.

Also not sure how it's a happier ending considering he would be a wanted criminal for escaping prison again.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Thundercracker posted:

It's like of weird that sex crime perpetrator Josh didn't show up at the end. Like the show just forgot about him.

He got his. Offscreen. Just like Todd. :effort:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cant cook creole bream posted:

He had gravity powers and was using it to float. Since he didn't weight anything at the time she could push him that much better.

He was literally standing on the ground lol. The VFX is fine, but then it gets very stupid when you see that apparently it was powerful enough to put him in orbit

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

Howard absolutely is, but he was jettisoned for demanding more money

Carano is a transphobe

Not firing two lovely political/science opinion havers is not really the same thing, nor does it invalidate my statement that Marvel/Disney is not afraid of cutting ties with actors

Howard was fired for demanding the amount owed to him in his contract. At the time he was a bigger name than RDJ and thus had a more lucrative contract. Cheadle was cheaper.

quote:

Perlmutter allegedly told former chairman of Disney consumer products Andy Mooney that no one would notice because black people “look the same.”

He could still be an abuser, but he certainly wasn't fired for that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don't know anything about this so I'll just ask, why was Disney trying to stiff Howard? I mean other than corporations gonna corporate, was there something else to it?

Ike Permutter is a notoriously cheap man. I think once he was finally ousted, Marvel started to actually pay their actors properly.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Soul Glo posted:

Sam is gonna end the movie both sidesing the genocide like the end of the show

"Do better." :911:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I did like the nice touch that the intro changed for both eps. And will probably be updated again for the third ep.

Adrianics posted:

there were a few twists that I didn't see coming at all (god damned STORM of all characters getting depowered was intense and really set the stakes)

:smith:

notthegoatseguy posted:

X-Men 97: So uh Did Rogue and Magneto have a relationship in the original show that I forgot about???

I don't think so.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

I was kinda surprised that they went there in that scene given that about thirty seconds earlier Magneto implied he and Charles were exes.

I guess you could interpret it that way.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Show continues to be great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

The Sailor Moon transformation sequence, incredible.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

I heard they were commissioned for two seasons of eight episodes.

It's 2 seasons of 10 eps each.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tenebrous Tourist posted:

Wait they’re already confirmed for a second season?

The second season has already been written. Probably just waiting on the animation.

They are working on the third season now, probably after they find a new showrunner.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Jubilee imitating Magneto

Lamont posted:

smh can't believe magneto didn't say WELCOME TO DIE

:agreed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

The opening credits have been changing up every week. This week, the new clips I spotted were of Mojo, Forge, and Xavier+Hellfire club.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:tviv: this show is great

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

swickles posted:

Building on that, I had a crazy thought which I could see them doing:
With loads of big name characters dead, I could see Cable and others trying to do a time reset thingy, and result in some multiverse shenanigans.

I assume this is absolutely what will happen. Probably in the finale.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The real question: is Xavier going to keep his fancy golden space-exoskeleton legs?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ep7: So who killed Henry Gyrich?

Rogue did nothing wrong :colbert:

Also with Magneto being alive, I am assuming they aren't going to undo everything that happened at Genosha with time travel shenanigans and Gambit is going to stay dead :rip: This show is so loving good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

On a semi-related note, I just read up on Bastion, since he's not a character I'm familiar with at all. And I came across this summation from the comics about his origin:

"In Marvel Comics, the Master Mold absorbed the systems of an immensely powerful Sentinel prototype from another universe: Nimrod. The resulting beast was far too powerful for the X-Men to defeat, causing them to force the entity through the Siege Perilous, a pan-dimensional portal that grants those who step through it a new life. Bastion emerged from this portal as Sebastion Gilberti, an ostensibly human version of the two sentinels, completely devoid of memory of the life that came before."

What the gently caress did I just read? I feel like I know less now that I did when I started.

I guess he's part Super Sentinel? But that whole "Sentinel from another dimension, then forced through another portal to yet another dimension that spit out a sort of human" thing totally lost me.

I looked it up too after being informed who the villain was and honestly, :same:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

NowonSA posted:

With the talk of reactions to the big moment near the end of the episode, it's also worth keeping in mind that Jean, the one character whose abilities would've explicitly for sure been able to at least attempt to stop it from happening, didn't do anything to stop it. Morph's powerset makes it seem like they'd be able to stop it even with just the forms we've seen them take with a Morph into Quicksilver to run down to the ground, then a morph into Archangel to catch him. Hell Nightcrawler could've made the save too (port to the roof edge, port down to Trask, port to safely land somewhere with Trask). But all of them are shown just hanging back a decent distance from the edge having watched it happen. I chalk that up to surprise at what they just saw Rogue do, but you gotta figure if she'd just dropped someone they actually cared about at least one of them would've stepped up to make the save.

I also noticed that. Jean can catch a building but didn't bother to catch Trask.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Magneto was right :colbert:

Wasn't a super huge fan of how quickly all the human sentinel hybrids were defeated.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Also everyone that was flying in an airplane is 100% dead, right? :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Episode 8:

Did Bastion show up to the mansion in a fancy rich person car, then just teleport back to his base? Also why did he just let the UN lady walk around unsupervised, with access to possibly the one person that could stop him if let go??

Yes. And no idea. Gonna assume because he's a smug dumbass.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The animation for Sinister was great. Sinister is just so creepy it's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

I think that's what they were implying, that he was actively keeping the EMP going over and over again, or something like that, and the ramifications on the planet were about to be catastrophic. That's the only reason I could think that they'd have that ticking clock, "Twelve hours until the world ends," or however they put it.

No, they needed him alive to undo whatever magnet shenanigans he did. That's why they can't just incapacitate or kill him.

"We need to find Magneto and convince him to reverse the damage to earth before it becomes permanent."

No, it doesn't make any sense. No, I don't care.