Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Did you guy know Bill Belichick beat Sean McVay in the Superbowl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/PHLSports1/status/1337264097126215680?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Interesting. Guess he's still hoping to sneak in.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Cam Newton is so bad. Not even entertainingly bad, it's just sad to watch. He can barely throw it over the line, and can't even throw dumpoffs to running backs because he's either skipping it off the turf or over throwing wounded ducks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if cam murdered ron rivera and was tried in North Carolina he wouldn't be convicted.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Interesting. Guess he's still hoping to sneak in.

I can't imagine at this point that Belichick thinks that maybe Stidham is the answer. He probably sucks and there's just no point in playing him.

Regarding the playoffs, I've been clicking around on the playoff machine this week. It's possible to make it at 9-7.

The Pats need to win out against:
Dolphins
Bills
Jets

Dolphins to lose 3 out of 4 against:
Chiefs
Patriots
Vegas
Bills

Ravens to lose 3 out of 4 against:
Browns
Jags
Giants
Bengals

Colts to lose 3 out of 4 against:
Raiders
Texans
Steelers
Jags

It feels like the Ravens are the biggest problem for the Pats. And it also seems unlikely that they find a way to beat both the Dolphins and the Bills.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

The colts losing 3 against that is also unlikely. Miami is the easiest to pick off. Baltimore COULD lose to the NYG and CLE but probably not

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

I can't imagine at this point that Belichick thinks that maybe Stidham is the answer. He probably sucks and there's just no point in playing him.

The Patriots' color guy disagrees!

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1337252300340006913?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

I really wonder what the Pats are gonna do to address QB. They'll never be bad enough under Belichick to draft a Lawrence or Fields type. It seems like they might be stuck in QB purgatory for a while unless they luck into an overlooked prospect who slips to them in the mid first or somewhere late in the draft.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

lol

I really wonder what the Pats are gonna do to address QB. They'll never be bad enough under Belichick to draft a Lawrence or Fields type. It seems like they might be stuck in QB purgatory for a while unless they luck into an overlooked prospect who slips to them in the mid first or somewhere late in the draft.

Gonna bring in a vet QB and start churning out gritty 10 win seasons as long as BB stays there.

Like I could see Stafford ending up there or something, or maybe eventually Bridgewater if the cards all fall right for the Panthers.

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah I really think they go after a vet in the off season AND draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd. Signing Cam was worth a shot, but sadly he's just a shell.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
That Von Miller strip sack in Super Bowl 50 had some big energy, turns out that was just Cam's lifeforce escaping

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wild reading carolinahuddle threads and there are people STILL screaming that cam is back to full health and he’s just being failed by the patriots.

Like posting vids of him crow hopping blimp out routes and saying “look at that thirty yards to the sideline just like the old cam.”

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wonder if there is any chance that Belichick takes Kyle Trask in the middle of the first round.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ehud posted:

lol

Its possible to draft a future HoFer in the 6th. :shrug:

I am of course talking about my poor misunderstood son Gardner Minshew.

Nov 6, 2002

I would totally be happy with trading a 4th or something for Minshew.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ehud posted:

I wonder if there is any chance that Belichick takes Kyle Trask in the middle of the first round.

Lawrence, Fields, Trask, Jones, and Lance all seem like they’ll go on the first given how many teams need a QB either immediately or very soon.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Good to be picking early snd not need a qb

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Pats are going to trade for Jimmy G

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Wonder when the Packers plan to ship Rodgers off so they can begin the Jordan Love experiment?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

Good to be picking early snd not need a qb

This year seems like a good year for the Chargers to trade that pick to stockpile more 1st round picks.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

This year seems like a good year for the Chargers to trade that pick to stockpile more 1st round picks.

Current draft order:

0-12: Jets .595 SOS
1-11: Jaguars .549
2-9-1: Bengals .534
3-9: Cowboys .490
3-9: Chargers .495
3-8-1: Eagles .531
4-8: Panthers .536
4-8: Falcons .536
4-8: Dolphins* .547
4-8 Broncos .565

So Chargers can likely at best pick 4th, but have to be careful not to win anything lest they drop as far as out of the top 10 pretty easily.

Jets & Jags are taking QB's pretty much regardless, Bengals don't trade much, so they're probably taking the best player, meaning you're trying to trade the rights to the 3rd best QB... if that guy emerges in the draft, yeah you can probably trade for that. If they get jumped by any of the Cowboys / Eagles / Panthers / Falcons or Broncos though, you can easily see them all taking that QB.

Outside of the top 10 you also have Football Team, Lions, Bears, 49ers, Patriots which could also all take QB's, sheesh.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

seiferguy posted:

If we can't get Sewell, I agree.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kalli posted:

Outside of the top 10 you also have Football Team, Lions, Bears, 49ers, Patriots which could also all take QB's, sheesh.

Saints, Bucs and Colts are also likely in the market if a guy they like falls a bit. None of them have a guy they can be sure they’ll still want come 2022.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
@Lions, Panthers, Titans, @Bears: someone convince me the Packers can lose another game.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ulmont posted:

@Lions, Panthers, Titans, @Bears: someone convince me the Packers can lose another game.

Titans are legit, they'd win if Rodgers has an off game or Henry has an on game

other than that no, everyone else in the NFC North is sad this year. there's a non-zero chance that the Lions could pull off a second post-coach firing win but they barely beat the bears

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans are not beating the packers lol

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Gonna bring in a vet QB and start churning out gritty 10 win seasons as long as BB stays there.

Like I could see Stafford ending up there or something, or maybe eventually Bridgewater if the cards all fall right for the Panthers.

Most likely Jimmy G and they can get a good number of years out of him before its a problem. They need to spend this draft, free agency and probably the next draft plugging up the holes and rebuilding depth/acquiring young players. After that is done, if they succeed anyway, is the best time to draft a QB so hes set up to succeed. Luckily they have tons of cap space and because of the salary cap going down there's going to be lots of casualties and people available

Ironically if they had just ponied up for Teddy or Andy Dalton they might actually be in the playoffs right now cause Cam is that bad

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 12, 2020

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mitch is Available

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Any team can be beaten by some average rear end team any given Sunday (except the Chiefs probably)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

AndrewP posted:

Any team can be beaten by some average rear end team any given Sunday (except the Chiefs probably)

Raiders beat the Chiefs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Raiders beat the Chiefs

Hell the Broncos put a scare into them. The Jets played them solidly for a half, if they'd managed to score TDs instead of kicking field goals I would have actually been worried (they still would have lost of course).

There aren't really many guarantees.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Hell the Broncos put a scare into them. The Jets played them solidly for a half, if they'd managed to score TDs instead of kicking field goals I would have actually been worried (they still would have lost of course).

There aren't really many guarantees.

Chargers too, if we didn't Charger it up.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Saints, Bucs and Colts are also likely in the market if a guy they like falls a bit. None of them have a guy they can be sure they’ll still want come 2022.

Excuse me but Sean Payton has said that *checks notes* Taysom Hill is their quarterback of the future?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

Excuse me but Sean Payton has said that *checks notes* Taysom Hill is their quarterback of the future?

Looking forward to the sequel to this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sean Payton to trade Jets 1st for Taysom Hill + conditional 5th round magic bean

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AndrewP posted:

the panthers very nearly beat the chiefs.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

a neat cape posted:

Chargers too, if we didn't Charger it up.

that's a guarantee, though

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Chargers fans rallying cry should be "JUICED UP!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

FizFashizzle posted:

the panthers very nearly beat the chiefs.

This is true, but the Chiefs also look like they're drat near sleepwalking through half the season and then something like the first quarter of the Bucs game happens and we all remember this team is winning the Super Bowl.