Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1338227713983864839

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I cannot imagine anyone going for the Texans job except the most desperate of coaches. The cupboard is completely bare and BOB/ownership has hosed the team for years. Going to be seeing a lot of games like the Chicago one.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
scary how easily the Cardinals could have racked up double digit sacks today. Jones can't escape all the blame but the Cardinals were in the backfield almost immediately on every play.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's the most attractive spot that'll be available based on Watkins alone. You have a franchise left tackle to pair with him so that's a hell of a foundation. Take a year to build up your culture and get everyone on board and you'll have waited out most of the GM damage that O'Brien did. That said it'll be a terrible job as long as the Texans hosed up management structure persists.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Miami lost a ton of really important pieces today that might kill our potential playoff run.

But Tua played really well and the team never came close to giving up.

The Chiefs will win the Super Bowl.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's the most attractive spot that'll be available based on Watkins alone. You have a franchise left tackle to pair with him so that's a hell of a foundation. Take a year to build up your culture and get everyone on board and you'll have waited out most of the GM damage that O'Brien did. That said it'll be a terrible job as long as the Texans hosed up management structure persists.

I'd say the Chargers and Texans jobs are 1 and 2

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If the LAC job becomes available that's a really great gig.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the bucs won! i like this

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

The Chiefs will win the Super Bowl.

I'd feel a lot better about everyone saying this if the Chiefs actually stomped teams. They haven't truly put anyone away since week 8 against the Jets. Or if they don't count for Jets reasons week 7 against the Broncos. I mean this score was obviously closer than the actual game was, but it shouldn't have been contested at all.

Winning in relatively comfortable fashion when Mahomes throws three picks is nice though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Please let these be knives

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1338233639025446912?s=21

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

How do you build a culture with Jack Eastrby doing his best Grima Wormtongue?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Yeah that's pretty rough to throw Teddy under the bus like that, but I'm here for it.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Fire bailey into the sun

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1338220403915960324?s=19

Perfection, what other reason would I be a fan of and watch the Minnesota vikings

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

that's the problem with kickers: every player has the possibility of coming back from the offseason just completely gone, but kickers are the only one who you have to worry about doing that week-to-week

Bailey's been one of the best kickers over the last decade but when you're toast you're toast

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

...mitch

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

new england mitchriots. trub england mitchri

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Cavauro posted:

new england mitchriots. trub england mitchri

Sayn't this

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Tato posted:

I cannot imagine anyone going for the Texans job except the most desperate of coaches. The cupboard is completely bare and BOB/ownership has hosed the team for years. Going to be seeing a lot of games like the Chicago one.

Baby, that sounds like Gase's music!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tato posted:

texans have a really good qb, which is the only position that matters

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

lol Falcons

lol Matt Ryan

lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Oh my God, Jets fans, I'm so sorry. I had no idea.

I feel like my memory of the winless Lions team is fuzzy, but it can't have been *this* bad, right?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Three out of four NFC East teams won today.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Atlanta is the only team who can out choke the Chargers. Ryan played like wet dogshit the entire second half.

Lynn still should go and Herbert deserves a better org. that end of 1st half sequence was clownshoes poo poo even if they won.

shirts and skins posted:

I feel like my memory of the winless Lions team is fuzzy, but it can't have been *this* bad, right?

They're setting records for biggest gap between point differential this season or some poo poo like that. They already have a significantly worse one than the 1996 team that went like 1-15. They're miserable in ways that even the winless lions or browns teams couldn't quite accomplish.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

shirts and skins posted:

Neither the Lions or Browns came close to being this putrid. Both teams would beat the 2020 Jets 9 out of10 times.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

sean payton throwing away the #1 seed because of a dumb promise he made in the offseason,

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

shirts and skins posted:

They’ll be fine. They all want to lose out and get Lawrence!

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Ehud posted:

They’ll be fine. They all want to lose out and get Lawrence!

and the jags won't let them do it in peace

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

i watched those lions and these jets are worse by far

the 0-16 browns were worse than the 0-16 lions and i think these jets are worse than them too

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I want the Jets to lose out... but not like this. I mean, lose by a couple touchdowns so I don't have to worry but like, loving hell, at least pretend you're a professional football team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shirts and skins posted:

The '08 Lions were never shut out, scored minimum 7 points a game, and had 5 games that were within a score
The '17 Browns were never shut out, scored minimum 3 points a game, and had 6 games that were within a score (2 that came down to overtime!)
The current Jets have been shut out once, scored only 3 points in two other games (including today), and have had 4 games end up within a score (half of which they needed garbage time to catch up to even get it that respectable)

The 2020 Jets, with 12 quarters left to play in the season, have had 24 quarters where they've scored nothing
The '17 Browns, at the same point in the year, had 22
The '08 Lions, at the same point in the year, had 21

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

like i heard the gold standard for worst team was the 1990 patriots fwiw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_New_England_Patriots_season

also

https://twitter.com/JimIrsay/status/1338289045626101761

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

The 2020 Jets, with 12 quarters left to play in the season, have had 24 quarters where they've scored nothing
The '17 Browns, at the same point in the year, had 22
The '08 Lions, at the same point in the year, had 21

What’s the average number of scoreless quarters per team each year?

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

drat. five afc teams have been officially eliminated from playoff contention but only 1 from the nfc has

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Doctor Teeth posted:

drat. five afc teams have been officially eliminated from playoff contention but only 1 from the nfc has

The NFC East...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Its Rinaldo posted:

Imagine losing to an NFCEast team *tugscollar*

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Weird way to announce rivers having another kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU