Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Goddamn it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

The '08 Lions were never shut out, scored minimum 7 points a game, and had 5 games that were within a score
The '17 Browns were never shut out, scored minimum 3 points a game, and had 6 games that were within a score (2 that came down to overtime!)
The current Jets have been shut out once, scored only 3 points in two other games (including today), and have had 4 games end up within a score (half of which they needed garbage time to catch up to even get it that respectable)

The real "winner" is probably the 1976 Buccaneers, who were shut out 5 times, had only 3 games within a single score, and lost 9 games by three or more scores. They still hold the record for the worst point differential in league history at -287, which means they lost each game by an average of 20.5 points. Sure, they only went 0-14 instead of 0-16, but they did lose the first 10 games of their next season, which makes for the longest losing streak in NFL history that can't be blamed on WW2.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Yo Bills! Thank you for loving the Steelers up!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Your 10-3 Buffalo Bills

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Nobody circles the wagons quite like em

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Lol nice Bye you had there, Steelers. Now you get to be the first team in nfl history to lose to a 7 seed.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Bills are going to win the Superbowl

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/schopptalk/status/1338339949360320515?s=21

It’s gonna rule when Pittsburg goes 11-5 and loses in the first round.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Bills are pretty cool

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
As was said throughout the first half of SNF, that game owned.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

GyroNinja posted:

The real "winner" is probably the 1976 Buccaneers, who were shut out 5 times, had only 3 games within a single score, and lost 9 games by three or more scores. They still hold the record for the worst point differential in league history at -287, which means they lost each game by an average of 20.5 points. Sure, they only went 0-14 instead of 0-16, but they did lose the first 10 games of their next season, which makes for the longest losing streak in NFL history that can't be blamed on WW2.

You know what's the crazy part of all that? The 1977 Buccaneers offense was even worse. They got shut out six times, two more where they only scored a field goal, a pair where they scored only a single touchdown, and another game where they got 10. For the whole season, they only scored 11 touchdowns, and four of those were by the defense! The big difference was their defense was actually getting good, going from allowing 29 points a game to just below 16, so while they weren't getting blown out every week, it was some ugly, ugly football.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1338322312693772290?s=20

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

gently caress the steelers

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/buttpraxis/status/1338308952509976576?s=20

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
hahahahah get hosed ben
https://twitter.com/JeremyWGR/status/1338350452967149574

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

staggering admission from the mvp candidate

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ben really looking old and dead armed as the season winds down.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1338342243376254976?s=21

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Is he in a contract year?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I can't think of a single thing advertised on Sunday Night Football that I would actually consume. Just a parade of ads for things that are morally repulsive.

on the other hand, GO BILLS

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1338333163324493835?s=19

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

fartknocker posted:

You know what's the crazy part of all that? The 1977 Buccaneers offense was even worse. They got shut out six times, two more where they only scored a field goal, a pair where they scored only a single touchdown, and another game where they got 10. For the whole season, they only scored 11 touchdowns, and four of those were by the defense! The big difference was their defense was actually getting good, going from allowing 29 points a game to just below 16, so while they weren't getting blown out every week, it was some ugly, ugly football.

Yeah, I even made a typo and said they lost their first 10 games that season when I meant to say 12, for an 0-26 record to start the franchise. If you bought season tickets to watch all 7 of their home games in 1977, you got to watch them score 20 total points, 17 of which were in the last game of the season.

I mean, obviously they deserve some slack for being an expansion team, unlike the winless Lions and Browns, but Christ, in 1977 the Seahawks were also in their second year, and they were 5-7 and scored almost three times as many points.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Is he in a contract year?

He's in year 3.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

https://twitter.com/RohanNadkarni/status/1338301978535895041?s=19

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I think we just call that being in your 30’s?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wow who could have imagined playing a team with a pulse would have ended poorly for the Pittsburgh Steelers

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

I think we just call that being in your 30’s?

Aaron Rodgers tho.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Darnold falls to us. Bills trade up for Allen and Rosen taken by the Cards.

We did it fam.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Alaois posted:

wow who could have imagined playing a team with a pulse would have ended poorly for the Pittsburgh Steelers

I have a friend who is a Steelers, this whole season they've been crowing about an undefeated season. I have told them multiple times that the teams the Steelers have played are all bad and that Buffalo would be the first real test. I wasn't expecting the real test to be the week before.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the steelers have 7 wins over teams in the playoff hunt

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
with Patricia fired and Roethlisberger being dumped on at least 2020 is extra lovely for fat nfl rapists

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

Lol you're counting the NFC:E.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Cavauro posted:

Broncos - 5-8
Eagles - 4-8
Browns - 9-3
Titans - 9-4
*Ravens - 7-5
Cowboys - 4-9

They also ALMOST lost to a COVID depleted Ravens team

(* divisional team they have beaten twice)

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/schopptalk/status/1338339949360320515?s=21

It’s gonna rule when Pittsburg goes 11-5 and loses in the first round.

It would be especially funny since that would probably involve them losing the division and that team they play in the first round being the Browns.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Football Team Defense could be a bad matchup if we make the playoffs. Will be interesting to see what we can do vs Seattle this weekend.

Chase Young is a god

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

IDGI

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I think that game yesterday broke my step dad's brain (Vikings fan so probably already broke, poor guy). He said he'd still take Bailey over the Bucs kicker who has missed 2 FGs all year. Something about the 6th best kicker in NFL history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Imagine letting your brain break and not just drowning it in vodka before hand. (As I did)