Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Offensive and defensive linemen have their hands tied behind their backs and attack each other like chickens.

Make this the pro bowl imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens misread the memo about holding not being called this year as "illegal formation"

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Redefine offensive and defensive line rules such that they play out their schemes in a game of Red Rover while the receivers run their routes

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Mostly kidding

This one isn't though. Let teams run an actual no huddle/hurry up offense. They neutered it a few years ago with the waiting for the refs stuff (which means loving sky judge finally)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nodoze posted:

This one isn't though. Let teams run an actual no huddle/hurry up offense. They neutered it a few years ago with the waiting for the refs stuff (which means loving sky judge finally)

Are you complaining about the refs allowing the D to sub if the offense subs? Or just the refs getting into position?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i know it's in the past, but can i just apologize? i got gotten by the guys on page 3. you can't pull the wool over any eyes around here. but I almost changed the perception of the Pittsburgh Steelers forever and i'll never stop

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Rectal Placenta posted:

What counting system? (number)-apple,

what the gently caress? number apple?

it's number mississippi as fast as you can spit out the syllables

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Grittybeard posted:

Are you complaining about the refs allowing the D to sub if the offense subs? Or just the refs getting into position?

the refs lugging their slow asses into position and slowing everything down

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i know it's in the past, but can i just apologize? i got gotten by the guys on page 3. you can't pull the wool over any eyes around here. but I almost changed the perception of the Pittsburgh Steelers forever and i'll never stop

You can't have a conscience in the posting game

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Allow offensive holding so QBs stop getting killed behind bad lines and speed up pace of the game. In turn, make throwing the ball away count as a sack and defensive holding isnt automatic.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Gatts posted:

No penalties. No rules. Only survival on the field.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Allow teams to attempt a field goal on first down; after the attempt, they keep possession and have 2nd down as long as the ball is kicked past the end line (make or miss)

Eliminate the overtime coin toss; instead, the home team decides the starting field position for whichever team gets the ball first, and the road team decides whether to take the ball first.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
You can't prove this isn't a result of the sitting admins horseshit lol

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1338592416102817795?s=20

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/_IsaiahMcKenzie/status/1338511871423488000

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

holding should be legal for the lovely bears offensive linemen, in fact they should be allowed to use the giant q-tip things from american gladiators to bop defenders and keep them away from mitchell, but if an opposing o-line so much as lays a hand on khalil mack i support immediate ejection and calling their mothers.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Master Stur posted:

Allow offensive holding so QBs stop getting killed behind bad lines and speed up pace of the game. In turn, make throwing the ball away count as a sack and defensive holding isnt automatic.

Now this I like. Incompletes should count as failed runs where thrown from, so if you combine that with allowing holding then you want to unleash The Bomb

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Also don't charged tipped passes as interceptions

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I hate Joe Woods so loving much

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Penalties should be weighted by the score differential.

Down 30? Hold all you want.
Up 30? All contact with the QB is illegal.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1338707269551153153?s=21

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

There is no coordinator more in love with soft zone and prevent than Joe loving Woods

I'd rather have that psychopath blitz happy idiot Greggggg back

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There is no coordinator more in love with soft zone and prevent than Joe loving Woods

Yeah gently caress Joe Woods. Browns have no defense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If it's not going to work (it never works, and if it does you still lose as the Saints proved) this is the perfect last play of a game.

https://twitter.com/DVNJr/status/1338708106512113670

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I think by the end of that game both defenses were dead and were not capable of doing poo poo.

The real fuckup was really bad situational football on the Browns last scoring drive. They scored too fast. They got the ball across midfield with like over a minute and a half left and all their timeouts but still kept throwing. Shoulda called a couple of runs to eat up the clock. Also Hunt and Chubb were unstoppable, go for two bitch!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lol lamar poopin during the game

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Browns safeties are awful awful awful. Baltimore got everything they wanted with bunched receivers and mesh concepts. Cleveland better hope Denzel Ward can mask some issues when he gets back.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think by the end of that game both defenses were dead and were not capable of doing poo poo.

The real fuckup was really bad situational football on the Browns last scoring drive. They scored too fast. They got the ball across midfield with like over a minute and a half left and all their timeouts but still kept throwing. Shoulda called a couple of runs to eat up the clock. Also Hunt and Chubb were unstoppable, go for two bitch!

Kevin Stefanski will win coach of the year anyway because he's Matt Nagy 2.0

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just cannot get over Lamar running back out right as McSorely got hurt. I was seriously wondering if Koch was gonna take some snaps.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Tom Sellout posted:

Browns safeties are awful awful awful. Baltimore got everything they wanted with bunched receivers and mesh concepts. Cleveland better hope Denzel Ward can mask some issues when he gets back.

I've heard that Ohio people don't believe in masks so good luck

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Gatts posted:

Yeah gently caress Joe Woods. Browns have no defense.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It really goes to show just how bad Freddie Kitchens was.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I was pretty happy about the Dolphins being competitive against the Chiefs but god loving dammit:

https://twitter.com/GhostOfAdamGase/status/1338551216327045121

I knew they got hosed on some of the non-calls but I didn't realize it was that bad.

Granted i don't have the game film, but time to post the yearly "Rip Technique and holding guide" IE one of the few good posts on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/3v1eie/oc_explanation_of_how_the_rip_technique_negates/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Feeling sorry for the TFFers who missed week 14 MNF and only get to read about the legend that was

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Nagy coasted on a dominant defense his first year so I don’t really think the comparison works.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Nagy coasted on a dominant defense his first year so I don’t really think the comparison works.

Agreed. Browns ain't winning because of their D.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

dominant offensive line and running backs replace the defense in nothing but the tp worthy zone coverage.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

I've heard that Ohio people don't believe in masks so good luck

Yo that’s absolute horseshit dude. Exhibit A:

https://twitter.com/barstoolbigcat/status/1338664844514504706?s=21

Mask :colbert:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

dominant offensive line and running backs replace the defense in nothing but the tp worthy zone coverage.

Plenty of teams with offensive lines and RBs that should be good on paper that can’t get poo poo out of them. Stefanski may not end up being a great hire but he’s at least an offensive minded head coach who is winning games based on offense, which is not the case with Nagy. Being smart enough to build a working offense around your teams strengths is not at all a given.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

These memes fuckin suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

thrilla in vanilla posted:

These memes fuckin suck

Why do you hate fun