Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Fox is one, in 21-22 he has 18. The other is not Leetch or McD but I think someone is gonna get it very soon now that we know it's a Ranger.

The other guy has the record with 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Zubov is the only name that is coming to mind.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hughes and Edler in Vancouver? Seider and Lidstrom?

e: Oh ok yeah if its the Rags then Zubov is probably right but just in case Twin is wrong I will toss out Skjei or K'Andre Miller

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 11, 2024

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Twin Cinema posted:

Zubov is the only name that is coming to mind.

Of course it is. Zubov is king.

2022 Fox and 1994 Zubov are the answers.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Quick easy one.

Name the five players who have over 1,000 points and less than 1,000 games played. 2 should be answered instantly, the other 3 shortly after that.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Definitely Mogilny.

I assume Lemieux is one of the obvious ones thanks to his never ending health issues.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yes to both. 3 left.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

You say this is an easy one but Im actually struggling to think of who had short-ish careers with high points totals. It cant be any currently active players, and most of the guys off those old Oilers and Islanders teams had long rear end careers.

Theo Fleury and Steve Larmer? Maybe Bossy? Im sure he played more than 1000 games though.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I think highly of SAS, I suppose.

Bossy is another. He played only 752 games and 10 seasons!

Fleury and Larmer are incorrect but great guesses, as both were over a point per game and just over 1,000 games.

Lemieux/Bossy/Mogilny. Two left.

I will say that both are always forgotten because they were overshadowed in their eras, but had two of the absolute best offensive production peaks in the modern era.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Hint: One of them had the most points in the 1980's decade of anyone not named Gretzky.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Stastny or Goulet?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I always forget about Statsny, that guy really did have a good career.

Potvin and LaFontaine are the only other 1k points guys I can think of that might be close to the cutoff.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Goulet is another guy who had an incredible offensive peak and is always forgotten. Something about playing for Quebec I guess. He did, however, play 1,089 games.

Denis Potvin wound up playing 1,060 games.

The other two are Stastny and LaFontaine!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Which player put up the most points for the New York Islanders in the 1990's?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

This feels like a trick question. Pat Lafontaine put up a ton of points, but now I don't remember how long he played for the Islanders, or when that period time actually was.

I am also now realizing as I think out loud, I don't remember who played for the Islanders during the 90's.

Every name I am thinking of were players who played later, like Yashin, Satan, or Peca. I also don't think Turgeon played there long enough. Maybe Palffy?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Twin Cinema posted:

This feels like a trick question. Pat Lafontaine put up a ton of points, but now I don't remember how long he played for the Islanders, or when that period time actually was.

I am also now realizing as I think out loud, I don't remember who played for the Islanders during the 90's.

Every name I am thinking of were players who played later, like Yashin, Satan, or Peca. I also don't think Turgeon played there long enough. Maybe Palffy?

LaFontaine mostly put those points up in the late 80's. Turgeon and Palffy weren't there long enough.

The answer is Derek King!

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

fawning deference posted:

LaFontaine mostly put those points up in the late 80's. Turgeon and Palffy weren't there long enough.

The answer is Derek King!

Strange but true...

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I knew it was a trick question! Surprised Turgeon didn’t pass him, considering how many points he put up. But looking now, it was only for roughly three seasons.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Who led the Blue Jackets in scoring in their inaugural 2000-01 season?

Bonus points for whoever can get the 2nd leading scorer (spoiler, you won't).

More bonus points: who was their captain?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I think it was Geoff Sanderson but cannot guess at anyone else on that roster.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Twin Cinema posted:

I think it was Geoff Sanderson but cannot guess at anyone else on that roster.

Wow nice! It was Sanderson.

The 2nd leading scorer was Espen Knutsen lol. Lyle Odelein was captain.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Speaking of expansion teams, I have a question about the Nashville Predators. In their expansion draft, the Predators selected three players that would later become head coaches at the NHL level. Who are they?

Hint: Two of the three are still NHL head coaches now, one was fired from head coaching but still works as an assistant.

Bonus question: 1 of the 3 never played a game for the Preds, which one was it?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

mentholmoose posted:

Speaking of expansion teams, I have a question about the Nashville Predators. In their expansion draft, the Predators selected three players that would later become head coaches at the NHL level. Who are they?

Hint: Two of the three are still NHL head coaches now, one was fired from head coaching but still works as an assistant.

Cool question. Random guesses: Bob Boughner? Kevin Dineen? John MacLean?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mentholmoose posted:

Andrew Brunette, Dan Bylsma, Luke Richardson ?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Ginette Reno posted:

Andrew Brunette, Dan Bylsma, Luke Richardson ?

Oh Brunette is gonna be one of them

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

fawning deference posted:

Oh Brunette is gonna be one of them

I figured that. Had a vague memory in my head of them taking him in the draft.

Other ones are gonna be tricky though. I don't think any are current head coaches although I could be mistaken. poo poo this is gonna be hard. Gonna have to think on it

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jim Montgomery? Craig Berube?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Pretty sure Mike Sullivan is one of them

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Bob Boughner (boner lol) is one of them because every now and again Mickey Redmond will mention it on a Red Wings broadcast

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Bob Boner, Andrew Brunette, and Mike Sullivan are the correct answers!

Sullivan was the one who never played a game for the Preds, he got traded right after the draft.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey combined for the most goals by a forward-defenseman duo in NHL history at 350. Esposito and Orr are second with 306. The third place duo is the only other with 300 or more. Who is it?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Semi-random guess: Ovie and Carlson? They’ve played together for over a decade.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Crosby and Letang should be up there too.

All I can think of is more recent teams. Kane & Keith? Stamkos & Hedman?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

All incorrect but good guesses.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Bourque Neely?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Also no

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

A hint: they are active.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Doughty Kopitar?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Bingo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Name the only two players ever with at least 25 PPG and 5 SHG in a single season.