Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
let's have a quick one and cause some psychic pain to certain fanbases.

last night, the Vegas Golden Knights became the sixth team from 2000-2023 to score at least 7 goals in a Stanley Cup Finals game. what were the other five occasions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

yep, four out of the five teams have been named. Penguins never did it in their years though they did hang 6 on the aforementioned Nashville in 2017.

Devils vs. Stars, 7-3, 2000
?
Bruins vs. Canucks, 8-1, 2011
Bruins vs. Blues, 7-2, 2019
Avalanche vs. Lightning, 7-0, 2022

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

since you mentioned Gordie Howe and because he’s been on my mind since I watched the Conn Smythe Shift before this years Finals started: Zetterberg? launched a lot and never seemed to make a bunch

either him or some other annoying Red Wing like Brendan Shanahan in some down years

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

probably some sort of Sabre. Jack Eichel or Jeff Skinner?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

hosed me up today to learn that Scott Stevens never had 200 PIM in a season with the Devils (he did in half of his Washington years)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Bob Boughner (boner lol) is one of them because every now and again Mickey Redmond will mention it on a Red Wings broadcast