Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
1st and 10 Houston 25 14:52 Q1
Watson kneels

2nd and 13 Houston 22 14:27 Q1
Watson kneels

3rd and 16 Houston 19 13:50 Q1
Watson kneels

Flag: unsportsmanlike conduct Watson, vulgar gesture at luxory boxes. 15 yards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fundies love talking about the crucifiction because Jesus was a leftie.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Imo this is an opportunity to do some 80s football movie level rear end-hattery.

"If I'm not traded by week 1 of camp I post my playbook on social media."

"The GM's office is now my personal garbage can"

Etc

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Deshaun should offer to meet this JC guy for a public discussion.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

LMFAO this is definitely something he makes the team recite as a chant isn’t it?

This is the new Texans fight song:

https://youtu.be/EfvpMPiaEiY

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That article is totally unfair.

quote:

yet another in a sequence of days when we have all watched the Texans’ leadership group slowly squeeze the soul out of the organization.

They've been speed running that poo poo.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If I had a billion dollars I’d give $1 away to no longer be a billionaire and now I’d be morally in the clear.

I'm a billionaire. I sold the Manas steak I.P. to Disney.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I never gave you permission. Would one of the resident TFF lawyers please help a brother out?

My thread, sorry.

maybe if you overlook my not so veiled insults and felate me on social media whenever you get the opportunity I'll toss you like a plat or something.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Look, I respect the artist in every way that doesn't involve compensating them. Also the single greatest atrocity in human history is the capital gains tax, and everyone could be as wealthy as me if they just worked a little harder.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

The Texans have a problematic history with race but this specifically wasn't about race, they hired the one guy who wasn't going to push Easterby out and Easterby had McNair's ear on the hiring so

Having somebody able to convince your owner to disregard a regulation put in place to allow for diversity hires is a race problem regardless of what the motivation was.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

well i'd loving appreciate it if he attached a pciture of his costume so i could be immersed in the character, hes lucky i didnt report him

I feel like it's weirder when a Bengals poster ISN'T going off on some bit only they think is relevant, honestly. There are scars.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

He said "top quarterback" also said team alienated him versus prospect's dad projecting based on his own miserable career.

I wonder if Archie would have pitched a fit about Peyton playing for the chargers if the colts had drafted Ryan Leaf?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sour Diesel posted:

archie was right about the chargers

Rivers would have done much better in either situation than Eli would have so in that sense I guess you're right.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

wyoak posted:

player leverage (at least for top QB's) has never been higher than it is now, so it makes sense this kind of thing is only happening now

I don't know if I agree with this. The new CBA made holding out pretty much impossible without fiscally shooting yourself in the foot. obviously I'm no expert but I feel like Watson's leverage would have been much higher a few years back before the new CBA

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

top QBs (especially ones that got their big signing bonus already) don’t really have to worry about a few hundred grand in fines the way everyone else does

I might be wrong but I thought in the event someone holds out on a contract under the modern CBA the team can go after their signing bonus.

I'd love to be wrong in that front it's loving Byzantine.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pat McAfee was wearing a pro Easterby shirt on his show the other day. I have no idea whether or not it was supposed to be ironic

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Texans just cut Duke Johnson. Doesn't the league technically have to approve all trades? Maybe they should just tell the Texans that they're not allowed to trade for players anymore.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At this point if you're a GM and you're going to cut literally anybody it's actual literal negligence not to call the Texans up and fish for like a fifth rounder.

"Casero my man we've got a long snapper here who really loves Jesus. How about a fourth?"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The least charitable interpretation of DeShaun Watson's skill level is still significantly higher than the most charitable interpretation of Kaeps skill level by the time he became available. If Watson was available for more than one offseason there are stadiums that would literally be burnt to the ground.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know it's apples to oranges but it is pretty funny that there's two white quarterbacks who were interested in a trade and have already been traded and two black quarterbacks who have interest in a trade and have no signs of moving.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

molestrios posted:

Well that and he actually wants to play football and not use it as his own personal platform for hyperwoke bullshit. Huge difference.

:goofy:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A smarter person than me could probably work out some sort of algorithm for this sort of Rasputin "advisor" deal. Seems like the harder it is to pretend the person has any qualification to do what they're doing the more power someone has when they worm their way in.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't imagine how it wouldn't be frustrating if you're a professional football player who got everywhere on merit and talent and then your position coach just got his job because Bill Belichick sperm was involved or his wife goes to church with Sean Peyton.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Unironically impressed they had the self scouting ability to not put Easterby on it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We need this elicit a Texas civil attorney from another message board to come in here and break it down. I just can't get over how much this dude is acting like it's some spectacle or stunt. Like I know that a ton of people think that's how lawyers always behave but you very rarely interact with one professionally that actually does that sort of stuff. Like some weird amalgam of Saul Goodman and Rudy Giuliani.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will say that even if there is no chance that he could face State bar consequences for this it does seem to be a risk for libel.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Deshaun claims the lawyer privately asked for a six figure settlement before going public

This is something I absolutely believe happened.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Not sure I do.

This guy is rich as poo poo. What does a sub 1 million dollar settlement do for him?

How do you think attorneys get rich as poo poo? Civil attorneys make money with settlements not court hearings. Court hearings are expensive as gently caress, they preclude you from doing other things, and you don't always win. You always win a settlement.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The biggest reason I believe in the whole settlement offer story is the time frame. If you forget about the Texans and just think about the suit as the time when Watson has the most incentive to not have this poo poo hit the news, It's more or less a day after the story broke. The night before this became public there were multiple credible tweets saying that the deal with Carolina was basically over.

Other than right before he signs his mega deal that's probably the most vulnerable Watson is to a publicity hit and so he would have had the most motivation to settle.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Imagine what this must be like if you're like their second string linebacker or something. Just some normal dude on his rookie Deal watching all this poo poo go down. You've got two years left on your contract. Your quarterback who wants out may be a serial rapist, The most powerful man in the organization is a dime store huckster, your coach isn't able to talk about the weather without answering questions about who is quarterback is going to be. All your family is asking you what the gently caress is going on and you're like "dude I've just been on zoom calls I have no idea."

Has to be a trip.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

This was the source of the problem.

BOOO

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really highly doubt the Texans have any active involvement in this. That said if it turns out they've got some sort of clause that allows them to avoid guaranteed money in the event of a civil or criminal allegation then my tune might change. Spite is a hell of a drug but like other folks have said the timing is wrong.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And the ironic thing is if the DeShawn Watson stuff is true they would have been at least a little bit hosed even if they had been run professionally for the past few years. If it's not completely inconclusively disproven I'll be shocked if he doesn't miss half a season or more. If it's true my gut says the days of people getting four games for this poo poo are over.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vulgarian posted:

Maybe a better way to think of it, has any other Sports City had a meltdown like this?

Rockets - Exposed, Frauds, etc
Astro’s - Cheaters
Texans - [insert negative adjective here, they all apply]

All in the span of what, 3 years?

The city also has serious periodic flooding and this year they had literal fatalities because of a snowstorm, significant long-term power failures, and the folks who did have power were charged exorbitant rates.

It's not a great year to be a Houstonian.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So maybe makes picking Trubisky over Watson look a little bit better now huh?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Even if 100% of these women can prove nothing more than the fact that they had an appointment with Watson for massage, going to be hard to explain how you have 22 different masseuses that you use within the course of one year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"Yes your honor I averaged a new female, self-employed massage professional every 17 days last year, but you see..."

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's going to be pretty funny when this guy's playing in the NFL and Kaepernick isn't.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is all so loving wild. Y'all, Cosby's allegations were often separated by loving years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Again assuming the 22 announced allegations are literally everything and they all happened in 2020 as reported he was averaging one of these people every 17 days. It's unlikely that 100% of people will do anything, let alone report their sexual harassment to some random lawyer in Texas.

My mind just can't process that. That's nuts.