Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

That's a muppet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

This guy rules lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

This is a different Lonnie Walker than the Spurs player I guessing?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

Odds on where Deshaun will play next year

Surely Houston belongs somewhere on the list

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Texans need a steady hand to right the ship; time to bring Jeff Fisher back to Houston.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Texans scouts are telling me they believe Zach Wilson to have ++ spiritual perception.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I say they just hold onto Watson this year and see what happens. If he wants to sit, let him sit.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Ehud posted:

He isn't going to change his mind and they're in desperate need of draft assets. This is their opportunity to reset the franchise with multiple first rounders in the next couple of drafts. They could come away with multiple firsts starting this year because of the Jets and Dolphins, including either the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft.

I can't see how keeping him on the roster benefits them at all.

Yeah but it would be funny.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Magicpants posted:

so which illegal fetish is jack easterby hiding that will eventually topple his empire?

Not illegal, but I'm guessing humiliation.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Ah, a disciple of Jerry Falwell Jr.

This is deeply offensive; cuckoldry is not inherently humiliating for the cuck.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Joke's going to be on Lamar when he gets traded to the Texans for Deshaun Watson.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jesus cried "Coach, Coach, why hast thou forsaken Me?" and threw in the towel.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Texans fans are awfully angsty for people who have a playoff win less than 13 months ago.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

"So back then you had the Pharisees, and they studied the Torah like this-" *squints and hunches over and pantomimes holding the yad like a nerd would*

"But you also had the Sadducees, and they studied the Torah like this" *leans back and pantomimes holding the yad like they dgaf*

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Impossibly Angry Sphere

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think the funniest possible outcome is that the Texans build from scratch and end up actually being really good 4 or 5 years down the road.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I guess it just depends on whether Easterby is actually personally unappealing, or whether it's just the turmoil surrounding him. When the people who don't like him are purged, seems that things should settle down and normalize a bit.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Video games have permanently hosed up my concept of receiver value (you can always find someone with 90+ speed cheap, and that's literally all that matters)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If I had a billion dollars I’d give $1 away to no longer be a billionaire and now I’d be morally in the clear.

The problem is by the time you get the 1 dollar out of your wallet, your remaining wealth has created 5 more. Billionaires are victims of circumstance when you think about it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Kalli posted:

So you'd have to buy one of those cash money guns and have someone named The Accountant with you who's constantly reloading them for you to fire.

Not a bad idea, but I might just have to reload the gun myself. I don't want the little people thinking the money is actually coming from The Accountant; they might try to make him their king or something.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

The more I read up on this dude, the more blown away I am.

Man, just... does anyone know how he got his initial start into the league circles?

Not to start ugly rumors with no evidence, but I bet he and Cal have hosed each others' wives. Kraft too.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

wyoak posted:

the idea was there would be more money for veterans, what actually happened is mid-level veterans got cut

It's like a milder version of what's destroyed the FA market in MLB, seems like one of these days some of the players' unions would realize that providing ownership with a large class of players who they're free to wildly underpay is actually also bad for the veteran market.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nodoze posted:

Or blowing a 24-0 lead in the playoffs

I dunno, that Chiefs team was a juggernaut and I don't think anybody would blink at the final score in a vacuum.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The Watson situation feels made out of spite. Houston could have a cost controlled blue chip QB plus additional assets by trading him, and aren't doing it because...reasons.

This, though? Utterly mystifying.

The most likely scenario is that they're trying to keep the idea that they might keep him out there to (very marginally) improve their leverage in any potential trade negotiations. The market for him is probably good enough that it's not a necessary ploy, but I can see the logic behind it even if it's stupid.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It’s a real shame if Pilot is the only decent truck stop in your region and you don’t have something better like Buc-ees, Stripes, Sheetz, etc.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

dirty shrimp money posted:

I think at this point there’s a Love’s across the street from every Pilot in the country so that’s always an option

Plus the Love’s guy won the Daytona 500 :colbert:

Actually I might have been envisioning Love's instead of Pilot when I made that post. Loves is the one with ads hung up above the urinals right?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How is it that playing as running QBs have broken football video games going back 30 years?

To be fair, they've kind of broken football irl

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jack Pardee was one of the Junction Boys

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah I don't foresee a happy ending for anybody in this mess.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

*Rovell voice* I feel bad for the victims. But these texts are tremendously meme-able

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Frances McDormand, at the end of Fargo: “And for what? For a little handbeezy. There’s more to life than a handbeezy, don’t you know that?”

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Small brain: Deshaun Watson committed sexual assault. The Texans are some rear end in a top hat's cult but that's incidental.

Normal brain: Deshaun Watson committed no crime and this is all a plot by the Jack Easterby and the McNair family out of spite.

Galaxy brain: Deshaun Watson secretly hired Buzzbee to accuse him of crimes to force the team to trade him.

Universe brain: Deshaun Watson really did everything he's accused of but only to force the team to trade him.

CTE Brain: Easterby/McNair went into rebuild mode last year because they knew this would eventually break, but didn't trade Watson away before it broke because they felt it would be immoral.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If our bedrock assumption is that the Texans are staggeringly incompetent on all fronts, the Occam's Razor answer is that they didn't know anything about what Watson was typically up to and are just as blindsided by this as everyone else.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

When a player goes on the exempt list, do they have an avenue for appeal? Goodell can avoid having to go through any of that rigmarole if the Texans cut him before the season gets started.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

The commissioner's exempt list is entirely within Goodell's discretion wtihout any recourse. A player on the exempt list cannot play in games or participate in practice and they do not count against the 53 man roster. They can still go to team facilities and participate in meetings.

Ah okay. Well, it's still a thing he may have to do, but could possibly still not end up having to do, so there you go.

Doesn't seem like anyone is beating down his door demanding that he do it right now, so he can afford to just sit back and give the old "monitoring the situation" line and see which way the wind blows over the next few months.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

It was 28 degrees in Texas and people got 20k dollar electric bills, if they were lucky enough to have power.

I think it was the little fly-by night suppliers who had the out of control rates with no smoothing, I have Reliant and barely saw a blip with my bill for the freeze.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They have no capital to trade for anyone established. It’s either a mid round rookie or some dude off the street at this point.

They’d be much better off just taking the best player on the board every round, since they need help at every position anyway. They’re not going to be good for years at this point regardless, reaching for a QB now is putting the cart before the horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I expect the Texans to give him the full-body release