Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I just spent the last day catching up on this thread and I'm impressed we got 48 pages and the title hasn't been changed to Texans N/V Thread: Houston, We Have a Problem.

That said, what a :negative: read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The commissioner's exempt list is right there as a nice convenient Sword of Damocles if no criminal charges come up, but IMO it would require enough of a rabble from sponsors threatening to pull advertising money out before Watson is suspended.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Eifert Posting posted:

Honestly I consider Joe Rogan more conservative talk show host who occasionally says something about sports, rather than an actual sports personality.

Confirmed MMA is not a sport. :v:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
What I'm learning from this is that Snapchat is the superior social media app as everything gets erased over time, and you'll get notified immediately if somebody screenshots your snap.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
"We take these allegations seriously enough to not look callous but are not going to fully condemn Watson as we don't want to scare you off from committing to season tickets."

Speaking of which, when is the deadline for purchasing Texans season tickets? I would :lol: so hard if the team turns on Watson the day after collecting everybody's :20bux:.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Quiet Feet posted:

Let he who has not hired dozens of massage therapists lookin' for a handy throw the first stone. *wheels in wheelbarrow full of stones with sign on that says STONES $5*

(Robert Kraft zips by & buys the whole lot, then drives away maniacally).

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1383089248409116674?s=20

Feels like kind of an rear end in a top hat answer?

:lol: that is a person that isn't paying attention to cryptocurrency & what's going on right now.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

fartknocker posted:

They’d vote him Comeback Player of the Year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82abEwuWl38

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Nothing more fun than the cost benefit analysis consisting of "can I hire a sex pest to win this year & keep my job?"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

GD_American posted:

Kind of amazing that we’re discussing the football future of a QB that is climbing at 0.34 Cosbys

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If any team is batshit insane enough to trade multiple firsts I hope they do it and then get what they deserve by Watson’s case having enough evidence to go to trial. And then have fun with that nightmare.

And in typical Cosby fashion the case will be thrown out on a technicality & we're all stuck feeling even worse over the whole ordeal.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I desire more content of Watson realizing people don't like him as much anymore.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
NFL literally sticking their fingers in their ears & burying their head in the sand, hoping actual law enforcement does all the heavy lifting for them.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
At this point you'd think the NFL would throw the Texans a lifeline and put Watson on the exempt list, but everybody knows Watson wants out of Houston so Texas has to put up the dog & pony show with training camp so it could potentially entice a team to be dumb enough to trade for him. Luckily, no team is that dumb as they can see there's a real chance Watson's legal troubles are legit & they don't want to lose picks/players for somebody that would be suspended/incarcerated.

And somehow, Jack Easterby comes out looking like the least terrible person in this Texans organization.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I really do think it's the Texans asking Goodell to not put Watson on the exempt list, so that they can showcase him at practices to other teams in hopes of a trade.

If Watson's on the exempt list his trade value is shot (even more so).

Goes to show the exempt list is useless as here's is a prime example of when it would be utilized but isn't because it hurts a team in a non-PR way.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Mooseontheloose posted:

This may sound conspiratorial but I also think the NFL doesn't do anything because they want to dangle any domestic violence issues for union negotiations to keep pay down.

Care to elaborate how this would be a carrot to be utilized in labor negotiations? Like some extra morality clause to fine players?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One weird trick that normal people with morals hate!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder what OJ's would have been like if he'd been in the league during the trial.

It would've been an even bigger circus.

And the :psyberger: with his acquittal would've been off the charts.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm figuring the Texans are willing to take the financial hit so they can keep Watson as viable trade bait.

That said, are players on the exempt list still paid?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ok that's kind of nuts to have Watson take up a roster spot.

Are they really that worried him in the exempt list will tank his trade value?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ok, then it's even more hilarious that the Texans aren't contacting the NFL on the DL & asking "Hey, can you do us a solid & put Watson on the exempt list for us?"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Chucktesla posted:

Watson stays on the Texans inactive list for the entirety of his contract because the Texans won't come down from their asking price. He gets franchise tagged, twice. He puts on some weight

Is Watson an anti-vaxxer? If so he could follow Cousins' career path & end up on the Vikings.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I wanna know who would have anything close to matching Miami's trade offer.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Watson being traded and leading the team to a Super Bowl would be pretty loving hilarious.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

DariusLikewise posted:

The funniest outcome is Watson getting traded, leading a team to the Super Bowl then getting suspended right before the game. Also then being locked away for 20 years.

Even better if news breaks that morning of the Super Bowl, forcing all talk to focus on it instead of the game.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Edit: wrong thread.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 27, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The only thing I could think for Goodell not suspending Watson or putting him on the exempt list was a favor to the Texans, as his trade value would've been completely shot.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Lady Snyder sounds incredibly close to Lady MacBeth and it seems fitting.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I dunno, if Watson maintains the discipline to stay in shape I don't see how sitting a year is that bad. At least there's less wear & year in his body.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:lol: Texans get wind Watson is about to settle & try to get more out of the deal, only to have that blow up in their face.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Dolphins can have little a sexual assault.

As a treat.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

sharknado slashfic posted:

I would argue that if Watson were playing there would be more fans there.

I'm assuming if Watson was balling out & the Texans were winning, the fans would care less about the civil suits he's going through.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm a much bigger football than basketball fan and I've still watched more minutes of the Rockets this year (a team which, until a very recent winning streak, had fewer wins than the Texans!) because the Rockets at least have a front office that does not appear to contain Basketball Rasputin.
Yeah, the Rockets got rid of Daryl Morey. :v:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Texans demand 3 1sts & 3 2nds & a couple players for Watson.

The monkey paw curls.

Say hello to your new Los Angeles Rams QB! :v:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

The Rams don't have any firsts or seconds for awhile afaik

:thejoke:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I do think it's interesting that the most successful coach* from the Belichick tree is a former player.

*so far

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

No Butt Stuff posted:

Omg he’s gonna be a Steeler

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Watson comeback player of the year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQseDjVp10I

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Being reminded of the Cosby case now has me wondering if the prosecution is taking things more slowly & methodically, because watching Bill walk happily out of prison thanks to the prosecution loving up was a :yikes: experience.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Justice in the American criminal system can be had.

It just costs :20bux:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

quote:

But all or most of these civil cases might not go to trial until after February, as reported by USA TODAY Sports this month.

The biggest :lmao: if nothing happens during Watson's first year, but then is suspended when his mammoth contract kicks in.