Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

PupsOfWar posted:

i feel like we're frontloading too much drama early in the offseason

by the time watson actually gets moved months from now (which will presumably be the denouement of said drama) everyone will have gone insane and eaten their own brains

A year from now it will be revealed that Easterby was bitten by a zombie and didn't tell anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Magicpants posted:

you don't understand, jesus dying was so great that it's greater than everything else, even things that are categorically different. jesus dying was the the greatest game of all time because jesus was so great at dying that his dying became a better game than things which actually qualify as games.

so for the same reason, jesus dying is also the greatest invention of all time.
jesus dying is the greatest 80s hair metal power ballad.
jesus dying is the greatest slice of pizza in queens.
etc.

Maybe the real Jesus dying was the friends we made along the way

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

That man's head looks like a light bulb. Like if you gently pinched the top and rotated you'd hear a faint metallic screeching as his entire cranium loosened from the rest of his body.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fartknocker posted:

Do Derek Lokey next time.

This but place the picture on the end of a rake outside, semi-obscured, and give him big ol' kissin' lips.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Small brain: Deshaun Watson committed sexual assault. The Texans are some rear end in a top hat's cult but that's incidental.

Normal brain: Deshaun Watson committed no crime and this is all a plot by the Jack Easterby and the McNair family out of spite.

Galaxy brain: Deshaun Watson secretly hired Buzzbee to accuse him of crimes to force the team to trade him.

Universe brain: Deshaun Watson really did everything he's accused of but only to force the team to trade him.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fartknocker posted:

:hmmyes:

Just to throw my two cents in, the initial stuff purely from the lawyers Instagram or whatever made him look like a Lionel Hutz-level fool. Subsequent developments have taken it from “Lol this is a fake” to “Uh, there might be something there” and only gotten more convoluted based on the lawyers previous history that includes fake texts or whatever and so all the initial reactions look weird. Right now, until more comes out on this, everyone should just take a step back and not be held to their initial (Potentially sarcastic/joke) hot takes and keep waiting for now.

All that said...

Like, if it were any other franchise, this would be the galaxy brain take. Given all the insanity out of Houston over the past year, and that this is becoming the de facto “Everything insane with the Houston Texans” thread post BoB, that something like this seems plausible even for a moment just adds to the whole situation...

I hate that it's even plausible with what a shitshow the Texans have become but yeah.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Jesus Christ. :stare:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I remember the what if Mike Vick was BBQ ribs photoshop and then think of the Ribmaps.com post and feel like there was some cosmic connection there that Andy Reid felt across untold channels and that's why :vick: was an Eagle for a while.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ehud posted:

[Tua saying the NFL is easier than I expected, except it’s me talking about moderating]

I see, Mr. Ehud.

*steeples fingers* Igor? Fetch me the Big Book of lovely Posts I thought Up. *lightning crashes*

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Regardless of how likely it is he is successfully convicted, part of me wants to see a criminal trial just so he can't quickly get out from under this. But that'd probably mean Watson's victims get dragged as much as he does or more, so :negative:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Let he who has not hired dozens of massage therapists lookin' for a handy throw the first stone. *wheels in wheelbarrow full of stones with sign on that says STONES $5*

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Dolphins please prevent my stupid garbage team from trading for Deshaun Watson, thank you.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alexander Hamilton posted:

That’s just the people of Texas dying in large groups during COVID.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

When you leave New England to be a HC you get injected with a portion of Bill's surliness and a coupon for one free victory over him.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Deshaun Watson settled on Rusty Hardin because his name was closest to the specific sex act Watson was searching for on Instagram.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 5, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Is Deshaun Watson a massive piece of poo poo? The answer may surprise you!

The answer won't surprise you. :ssh:

It's yes.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fast cars loose anus posted:

Actually I agree; we should hold him to the standards of the owners

Jerry Richardson was forced to sell because of sex pestery and racism, therefore Watson must be forced to retire

BUT not before he gets a statue outside the Browns stadium.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Deshaun Watson. Not only do you not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to him, but in fact he's probly gonna try to hand it to you.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Good to know that you can do whatever you want as long as it's non-violent and that the only repercussions are having to write "I'm a bad wittle boy" on the chalkboard 100 times.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Neil Armbong posted:

absolutely deranged.

"he didn't know the league frowned upon sexual assault. unfair to catch him up in this sea change"

Fair. With how indifferent they've been with prior rapists who could tell they'd have an issue with this one?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fsif posted:

Watson went 1/5 for 7 yards.

:lol:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fartknocker posted:

The NFL loving sucks.

Adbot