Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This loving televangelist and failson owner have eroded my interest in a Texans to all time low - far lower than even the tail end of the Schaub era or the years before Watson but after Schaub. gently caress this team until Easterby is gone - I cannot muster the energy to care otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

fartknocker posted:

He posts in C-SPAM.

Oh come on Easterby can't be that depraved.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

indigi posted:

he noclipped through walls a couple of times iirc and made people catch a bunch of fish

I'm still not sure how people believe in religion.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

A restructuring would have been a nice gesture and I think he'd be willing to do that before this all hit. But at this point the bridge has been reduced to dust by how fast it burned and I don't blame him for wanting to get the gently caress out of there.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Yeah but Bradford is basically the reason they created the rookie scale to begin with IIRC

He was like the third highest player in the league before taking his first snap or something

Sam Bradford signed a 6 year, $76,000,000 ($12.666~ million per year) contract after being drafted first overall in 2010.
Cam Newton signed a 4 year, $22,000,000 (5.5 million per year) contract after being drafted first overall in 2011.
Joe Burrow signed a 4 year, $36,190,137 ($9.047 million per year) contract after being drafted first overall in 2020.

On this pace, the player drafted first overall in 2032 will make about the same amount of money per year as Sam Bradford did on this rookie deal.

The player drafted first overall in ~2050 will get slightly over $76,000,000 for his rookie contract.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm convinced Cal's a goon I'm just not sure what his username is.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This isn't looking good for Deshaun at all. It takes big balls to demand trades when you have this stuff hanging over your head.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Not to this extent, but he knew there was a six figure settlement request before the trade demand. I don't think he expected it to snowball like this (Or he's someone who thinks he's above all of this, which...is pretty gross).

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

As a Texans fan I'm just here for the schadenfreude. gently caress it make it as entertaining as possible. I want the trial on ESPN every day.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm starting to think Watson would be lucky to even play football next year, let alone get traded from the Texans. He needs to kiss that dream goodbye.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

At this point it's safe to assume Watson should never play a down again in the NFL and the Texans deserve to be the worst team in the NFL that they're gonna be for the next 2-3 years.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

From his perspective, his dumbass should have settled a long time ago. 100,000 would have been child's play compared to what he's gonna have to end up paying.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

To the shock of no one, a Deshaun Watson trade is not going to happen:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10001281-deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-teams-previously-eyeing-qb-have-removed-themselves

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whew, glad it's only an insatiable appetite for massage therapy and definitely nothing else!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Send his loving rear end to jail gently caress him forever.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I've pretty much stopped watching the Texans this year because of it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Please get Watson off my team.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The only positive from this for me is now there are no obstacles for him to gently caress off from the Texans forever. Get off my team you rapist.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

One down - one to go.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

fsif posted:

So the Texans would have gotten more draft capital if they dealt Watson before the trade deadline, right? Trying to pivot back to Easterby incompetence.

I don't really think that's the case. It's probably more 1:1 if not a slightly better haul right now.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Still can't believe the Texans got the value they did for trading the rapist away.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

For gently caress's sake Browns you are the dumbest loving franchise for taking this on. You deserve every failure that comes from this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm a Texans fan and even I am disgusted with how much they're being ignored (and in fact, largely benefitting) from this whole thing. It's gross.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wow.

gently caress the Browns. Disgusting, disgusting franchise. I guess it's fitting that they're named after poo poo.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What incredibly exciting news!

gently caress off forever Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

I assume it's Mel :v:

I don't want to go back to my old av necessarily so I'm trying to come up with a good one before ditching this

Right here buddy: