Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

General Dog posted:

That's a muppet

I’d trust Beaker more as a GM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Relevant stuff today:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1349091167590359041

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Magicpants posted:

so which illegal fetish is jack easterby hiding that will eventually topple his empire?

He posts in C-SPAM.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Yeah, but the shame of it is the Oilers had a better logo and uniforms than either the Titans or Texans. I’d just like to see those back more often.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:barf:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

"What fertile maidens await me in the doomed hellscape of the future?"

Somebody give this googly eyes tia

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Praise be to Satan that I am not a fan of the Houston Texans.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's got heroes, villains, a hostage situation, it's good stuff.

Die Hard in Houston. All that’s missing is the German guys and cocaine.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I seriously want all the players on the Texans to file their retirement papers tomorrow.

Nah, wait until after free agency or the draft or June 1st. Whatever fucks up the Texans the most.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

I just watched this how the gently caress does anyone want to be associated with that franchise?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Was just coming to post that.

View: lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

In a shocking announcement, Cal McNair announces that he's adopted Jack Easterby. "The son I never had," he says with tears of happiness in his eyes.

Three months later, McNair is found dead in his favorite sitting chair. His will entrusts the Houston Texans football organization to James “Jack” Harold Easterby IV.

Ol’ Easterby wouldn’t wait that long. John Paul I only lasted 33 days :tinfoil:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Shame he's not a papist so he won't have a life size portrait of Cardinal Richelieu in his office.

Easterby has a framed photo of himself shaking hands with Rasputin.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Crossquotin’

:laffo:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

"The 30 for 30 of this will be great!" is one of the more pointless white noise sports clichés at this point, but the 30 for 30 of this will actually be great.

At the rate this is going, it’s gonna rival O.J.: Made in America.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

There's already a non-zero chance with Culley tbf

In case anyone is curious, and because I went a looked this up back during the regular season, only one head coach has ever been fired mid-season of their first year with a team: Pete McCulley for the 1978 San Francisco 49ers. In that era, Eddie DeBartolo fired four coaches in less than three years before hiring Bill Walsh in '79.

That said, I'm putting nothing Easterby taking the word of God to make himself coach and make Jerry Jones the most jealous he's ever been in his life.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

So assuming this was filmed while Thompson was still a student athlete, this is what Easterby looked like at 32 or 33:

He looks like a bad Phil Collins impersonator.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Bring me more dirt and chaos in Houston!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:sbahj:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
No sane person should be attracted to the Houston Texans unless their sole motivation is “gently caress, that’s a lot of money, I guess I can put up with this loving idiot” for they know not what they’re entering into.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cavauro posted:

what's east of easterby?

Eden.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Crossquoting from N/V:

:laugh:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Q_res posted:

My favorite part of this Texans poo poo show is them hiring a billion dollar headhunting firm to come up with a list of GM candidates. They come back with a list that includes minority candidates as the top 2 on the entire list. The Texans ignore the list to turn around and hire some white guy from the Patriots. To be so blatant and obvious about it is absolutely stunning and I don't see how the league hasn't poo poo a brick over that given they're at least trying to look like they care about minority hires.

Don’t forget that they turned around and hired some white guy from the Patriots they nearly got hit with league tampering charges when they tried to hire him a few years before!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Eifert Posting posted:

My thread, sorry.

maybe if you overlook my not so veiled insults and felate me on social media whenever you get the opportunity I'll toss you like a plat or something.

Is this now a Gendo alt account or something?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Eifert Posting posted:

I feel like it's weirder when a Bengals poster ISN'T going off on some bit only they think is relevant, honestly. There are scars.

Andy

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Bradford was just the last guy who got it, but it had been a subject for a few years before that. His rookie deal was like $80 million over 6 years, so him and Stafford the year before were instantly among the top ten highest paid players in the NFL. There was a decent bit of talk in those years about some teams not wanting high picks, or being unable to trade down, entirely because of how much it was going to cost to sign those guys and then being on the hook if the player didn't work out.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

wyoak posted:

the idea was there would be more money for veterans, what actually happened is mid-level veterans got cut

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

All the money that was saved from rookie contracts ended up going to the super stars at a few positions: QB, WR, pass rusher. Everyone else got screwed.

This. In theory, the money saved by not going to rookies would be used to pay or resign proven vets with a team. It was entirely presented as if the difference would be going toward all the mid-level guys and every position would see decent bumps in pay as more money was available and the cap kept going up.

In actuality, what happened is the vast majority of that money went to the stars or someone coming off a good reason, which is why every few years we had a new highest paid QB in NFL history. IIRC, Joe Flacco was the first guy to clearly benefit from that, getting a 6-year, $120 million contract right after winning the Super Bowl, but that was passed before the next season by a bunch of other guys (See Febreeze's various money fort comics). I think backup QBs started getting paid a bit more as well, relative to what they'd gotten in the past, but that may have been the only position that really benefitted from it.

I'm sure there's a trickle down joke or something that someone who better understands economics can make.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also the longer he waits the better the chances Easterby gets busted for running some horrible criminal enterprise.

He has an account here.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He probably posts 75 times a day in CSPAM

I said C-SPAM before, so I’m gonna update it to say his posts are evenly split between there, QCS, and... let’s say CD.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Wafflebeard died last summer (he was Barnacle Jim)

No idea who Barnacle Jim was (Other than the SAclopedia entry), but he was also FakerGayfield and a few other names over the years.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kirios posted:

I'm convinced Cal's a goon I'm just not sure what his username is.

Sigvatr.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Not to mention Watson making some insane plays. BoB is bad.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

It actually could have been much worse because the Texans fielded a kickoff in the end zone and instead of kneeling the returner flipped the ball to the official who jumped out of the way because it was a live ball and the Chiefs recovered for a TD, but they gave the Texans a pity call and said it was a touchback

Although it would have been a safety, not a Chiefs TD, because it would have been an illegal forward pass

That was the Buffalo game at the start of the 3rd quarter, not against the Chiefs. Unless they somehow did it twice in back to back playoff games and I just spaced on the second one...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

King Hong Kong posted:

By being on the Texans, Watt spent a lot of time practicing with people who weren’t better than him. Definitely not the kind of player you’d want.

He spent too much time doing stuff like "hurricane relief" and "charity" and not enough time with his nose in the playbook and working to make himself better on the field. Clearly lacks dedication to the sport that your need from a player in the National Football League. :bahgawd:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Has JCPrepper98 responded to this yet?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hizawk posted:

Because I'm a 35 year old child, I printed three full page blowups of Nic Caserios Crazy face and hid them in three strategic locations for my wife to find:

1) In her pillowcase - Took her a week to find this.
2) Under her work paperwork - Took her a day.
3) in her Jewelry box - Took her two weeks to find.

Thanks Houston Texans for all the fun.

Do Derek Lokey next time.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
This is how the NFL gets a team in London.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

This was the source of the problem.

Fuuuuuck :golfclap:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

This post should be the background of TFF whenever there's a criminal or civil accusation involving athletes, imo.

:hmmyes:

Just to throw my two cents in, the initial stuff purely from the lawyers Instagram or whatever made him look like a Lionel Hutz-level fool. Subsequent developments have taken it from “Lol this is a fake” to “Uh, there might be something there” and only gotten more convoluted based on the lawyers previous history that includes fake texts or whatever and so all the initial reactions look weird. Right now, until more comes out on this, everyone should just take a step back and not be held to their initial (Potentially sarcastic/joke) hot takes and keep waiting for now.

All that said...

Quiet Feet posted:

Normal brain: Deshaun Watson committed no crime and this is all a plot by the Jack Easterby and the McNair family out of spite.

Like, if it were any other franchise, this would be the galaxy brain take. Given all the insanity out of Houston over the past year, and that this is becoming the de facto “Everything insane with the Houston Texans” thread post BoB, that something like this seems plausible even for a moment just adds to the whole situation...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Multi-Ddimensional Time Traveler Brain: Buzbee is an agent of David Tepper Tom Brady