Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Best part of the SI article was Texans employees calling Cal McNair 'Tommy Boy'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Every single weekend he was flying in an Instagram masseuse and sexually assaulting them.

Like....that’s pathological.

I mean it seems easy enough for a rich dude to get jerked off by a consenting adult. If this stuff is true Deshaun Watson seemingly got off on the lack of consent

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I assume all of the investigative reporters for ESPN/SI are down in Houston right now and there’s not more on the front page because these places don’t have sourced stories to report.

There’s no way they’re willfully ignoring this, there’s just nothing to report yet other than what the lawyer says

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

In this case the source being "anyone who watched the Giants-Panthers game"

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Browns must’ve know this was coming today. No wonder they leaked all that stuff about Watson not being upfront

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I mean every team probably was interested … and then they did the bare minimum of research

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
On the plus side it’s pretty unlikely you’ll watch him play for any team at this point?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean that sounds flashy but notice they say minimum is 1 year.

Guess which ones gonna win

Making him reapply for reinstatement + optionality for more suspensions if there's more accusations seems pretty serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

What’s the point of any of this arbitration process if Goodell can just run roughshod over it?

Point of the arbitration process is to have someone independent determine whether or not a violation of the personal conduct policy actually occurred. Pre-2020 CBA the league was in charge of that as well as punishment