Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I can't imagine being a smart, talented person who's good at your job and you have to listen to this moron lecturing you and your co-workers everyday for an hour, and then afterwards you know he's having dinner with the boss and whispering sweet nothings to him the whole time.

Yes I too work at a job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fartknocker posted:

He posts in C-SPAM.

hosed up, don't even joke about that

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jack Easterby is a psy-op to destroy football.

Wtf, easterby is good now??

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Intruder posted:

That has a lot to do with the team's roster too

They just won 4 games in a season where Deshaun threw for almost 5000 yards, 33 TD and 7 picks and ran for 450 with 3 TD. It's not like they're overflowing with talent

And they absolutely have a history of former players talking about how bad it was to be there

Andre Johnson went to Twitter to say deshaun needed to get the gently caress out. I legit don't know how much more of a red flag you need than that.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

molestrios posted:

Well that and he actually wants to play football and not use it as his own personal platform for hyperwoke bullshit. Huge difference.

:thunk:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Owning a football team, sitting on the floor playing video games in your office, cals living the goon dream.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Intruder posted:

If/when they trade him it'll definitely be after the draft headlined by what'll be like the #28 pick next year because the he'll drag his new team to a good record instead of top 5 or top 10 this year

Don't worry, the texans plan to have a top 5 pick next year regardless.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Goodness, nine women. For fucks sake watson. Also don't read the replies.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jesus christ. That's sickening. What the gently caress.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

To have 22 women come forward, all of the same background (masseuse he contacted on Instagram), all having the same story... thats utterly insane predator poo poo. This is loving awful.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

BrownThunder posted:

There isn't some big brain conspiracy, he's just a piece of poo poo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I hope theres enough evidence for watson to serve time.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is now the biggest story in sports and it’s still being treated like 3rd page news everywhere.

I told a coworker about this story and said I can't believe more people weren't talking about it and she responded because they never talk about it and never will until forced to.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Zaradis posted:

Did the Texans orchestrate this to try to make Watson look bad so they looked good but they’re the Texans so they didn’t think it through, as usual, and they didn’t think about how it would tank his trade value?

gently caress you

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

If you were making a joke it was a bad one. I'm tired of the wacky "here's how the texans organized this" posts after reading those lawsuits. It's utterly sickening what watson was doing, and to even act like the Texans are the cause of all of this at this point is loving awful.

I'm seeing red. God drat florio you piece of poo poo.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Because this still isn't news and the only one talking about it is Florio who's going full "women be liars" on it.

And nfl teams won't care if he gets suspended for some games or a season if he's still good for 10 more after that

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ehud posted:

Good lord. He ran out of massage therapists so he contacted an esthetician?

This was in April 2020, before most of the massage therapists. Dude just sought out any woman desperate for business and willing to touch him.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Skull dot gif posted it a few pages back and it's a good read. The headline plays it safe but the article itself is well done and says it's despicable to trade for watson right now knowing this is hanging over him and disrespectful to the women accusers.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

Also, one thing we've been discussing is the public reception to this whole fiasco, and I've been keeping an eye on the PFT comments for that reason. Yeah, yeah, don't read the comments, etc, but PFT commenters is about as close to your average meatball as you'll get without going to the local pub. The sheer amount of lawsuits being brought forward, despite reluctance by sports media to directly discuss it, seems to have swayed many people.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/23/deshaun-watson-lawsuits-up-to-14-with-24-accusers/

Still some vile poo poo in there, but yes it does seem like most people are against him or at the very least have serious doubts. It's a really good thing more women came forward. If this was just one woman this likely gets buried with nothing else to it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

BrownThunder posted:

Some posts should stay in draft

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Doing character assassination for 24 (and counting) separate women will take some heavy lifting.

They won't need to, if they can successfully make one claim look illegitimate then they all look fake in the eyes of the public. So if you smear one woman you smear them all. If this never goes to criminal court then winning the public relations court is all that will matter to watson to make sure he can keep playing.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

There's a schedule that they'll have to follow. Right now Watson has to answer the complaint first.

It is also rare for cases to be filed in pseudonymous fashion. Typically it's only when minors are involved. When I asked some TX lawyers, they said that it isn't prohibited but is not favored by the texas rules of procedure.

My assumption is the pseudoanonymous filings are to protect the victims until the narrative can be turned against watson. If the victims names had been attached to each of these complaints before the news of what watson did and how many women there were - the news would be litigating the victims lives rather than whether watson did it. I think SKULL.GIF is right, buzzbees handled this pretty perfectly so far.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The 2021 texans could very well be the worst team in league history if watson isn't playing. It's maybe the only bright spot to all this.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Intruder posted:

Not only do I hope he never plays another snap for Houston I hope he never plays another snap period

gently caress him

Agreed. I hope they're able to get enough evidence for criminal charges.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ehud posted:

I have read every single suit and thought a lot about this situation.

and somehow it still blows my mind that Deshaun Watson is a serial sex pest :psyberger:

If there's any lesson to learn from metoo and outing of predators the past few years, is never assume any celebrity with a good guy/gal image is actually good. They're just really good at PR.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Dez can get hosed. I'm glad it wasn't a catch.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

This reads as if watson was just starting out his predatory behavior and its only escalated since. I wonder if she was the first, especially if he got recommended by another massage therapist

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

latinotwink1997 posted:

[edited out per request]

Congrats ehud on breaking his rapsheet cherry after 13 years

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 30, 2021

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I really hope buzzbee knows what he's doing, he seem like such a doofus and these women deserve any kind of justice they can get.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

How normal is it for an athlete to see so many massage therapists? I could see maybe 2 or 3, maybe up to 6 if you struggled to find someone you like. But like 40 to 50?? And saying he was nice to half of them doesn't excuse the other half...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is a titanic clash of bad lawyers.

Only the best and brightest down here in Houston.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fsif posted:

Yes but have you considered the fact that Deshaun Watson was able to get 18 massage therapists to issue statements in support of him undercuts the argument that he's unable to piece together from the dates and places in the 21 civil complaints the names of those who have sued him?

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1377320915940339719?s=20

Lmao when you've lost florio. Good lord how is Hardin known as the best lawyer for athletes?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/j_bushrod7475/status/1377361757132447748?s=20

This makes watson look so much worse, what is his defense thinking.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jesus christ :smith:

She's incredibly brave for coming forward and I hope she gets proper justice.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Do not read the Twitter comments. gently caress.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can we just abolish Texas

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

In hopes he/Deshaun can smear them any way they can. If one can be discredited (in any way, whether it's with one lie they ever told on social media, or having been stopped by a cop once for a traffic violation) it'll put doubt on all of them. Same tactic Weinstein, Cosby etc tried: "If you're not a perfect victim, you're not a victim"

It is absolutely aggravating that we all know this is their strategy and yet it still has a very good chance of working because people are so willing to believe "they were no angel" is a valid defense.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

This is good, if all or most release their names at the same time it prevents the focus watson would want on one woman to ruin her life and case. Solidarity and all that.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm only going by twitter but it feels like the media desperately wants to avoid acknowledging that this exists, and that's even from the folks I follow who aren't afraid to talk about race or politics

I assume its because media people are afraid of making a stink one way or the other and then a smoking gun comes out proving them wrong. Because journalists are cowards.

Codependent Poster posted:

The NFL will definitely let him play and everyone will be like "let's wait for the courts to decide" while they try and drag his accusers through the mud.

Yup, announcers will give him credit for being able to perform so well despite facing such adversity while glossing over what he did.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fast cars loose anus posted:

Screenshot just in case they realize what they've done later

Jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

A bunch of words that all amount to "they aren't perfect victims so they can't be real victims"

Really love the "they laughed and were happy, so how do they have trauma." Because that's how that works.