Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

he's like a televangelist scam artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Apparently zero shot Miami gets Watson because why not so gently caress where does he go

Carolina would obviously be the dream but I just don't think the Panthers have the pieces.

Like first rounders sure whatever, but they'd have to move Bridgewater in the process and I'm not sure if that makes Watson more or less expensive.

I wouldn't be sad if they parted with CMC.

I'd be more concerned with protecting Moore, Moton, Brown, Burns, and Chinn. They would be the only real untouchables from my perspective.

edit* holy poo poo. HOLY poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

PupsOfWar posted:

i mean, would you

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

The best part of all this is that after burning the entire organization to the ground Cal is going to get a nice $3 billion for selling the team

to like, Joel Olsteen.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

excuse me, what

Never heard of Throatzilla?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

watson gets traded (to carolina natch), Houston trades everything they have to jacksonville, take good christian boy trevor lawrence

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chicken Soup for the Religious Talent Evaluator

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/nzakos/status/1357370240091496451?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

More blood for the blood god

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1359535263303806980?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The closest analog is former SK president Park Geun-hye.

She was insanely corrupt generally, but the breaking point was falling under the influence of some cult leader who was defrauding the SK government of millions of dollars, all to help train her daughter in equestrian sports in the hopes of her competing in the Tokyo olympics.

Like imagine this in houston after deshaun is traded to carolina for bridgewater and some guest passes to the Billy Graham museum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_PuAXX0lw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"You know who else doubted the process, Cal? Thomas. You're not a doubting Thomas, are you Cal?"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think letting him walk was the right move in general, but given everything else going on with the organization and how they let this happen, it's just fuel to the fire.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Pushing out the guys who handle business operations seems like a pretty big red flag.

And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Please post it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hyperwoke

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kaep gets like all of the blame for a team imploding around him due mostly to an owner getting into a dick measuring contest with the head coach.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dr_Strangelove posted:

... getfiscal?

WRAP IT UP KAEPERNAILURES

that was paradol ex.

getfiscal is a twitter star now

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

dirty shrimp money posted:

Sad Watson's got to spend Rusty Hardin lawyer fees but I guess you might as well get the best defense guy Houston has to offer

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1372229063536959490

Tepper will cover that poo poo.

quote:

Hardin has represented and won favorable verdicts for athletes such as Rudy Tomjanovich,[4] Warren Moon,[5] Wade Boggs,[6] Rafer Alston,[7] Scottie Pippen,[8] Steve Francis,[9] and Calvin Murphy.[10] Another former client is Roger Clemens,[1] who had been embroiled in accusations of having perjured himself before Congress over alleged steroid use. Clemens was acquitted on June 18, 2012, on all charges that he obstructed justice and lied to Congress when he denied using performance-enhancing drugs as a Major League Baseball pitcher.[11] Other clients include Michael Bennett[12] of the New England Patriots; Adrian Peterson, accused of child abuse[13] and NASCAR driver Kurt Busch, who was accused of domestic abuse against his former girlfriend.[14][15]

Hardin successfully represented Victoria Osteen, wife of TV evangelist and bestselling author Joel Osteen, in a civil lawsuit filed by a Continental Airlines flight attendant. The flight attendant claimed that she had been pushed by Osteen, and sought civil damages, but a Houston, TX jury acquitted her in 2008.[16] Hardin also won a favorable verdict for his client the estate of Texas millionaire J. Howard Marshall. A jury found that the estate owed nothing to Marshall's widow, former Playboy bunny and stripper Anna Nicole Smith, who married Marshall when he was 89 years old.[1]

oh loving great

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1372393330311532549?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

From my vantage point, it seems like at a minimum Buzbee has multiple professional masseuses who allege misconduct and can prove they've had contact with Watson. Is there a likely explanation that any of that could be fabricated by Buzbee? If not, I don't really see Buzbee's involvement as a particularly pertinent detail about the accusations.

Like MN has stated, he could have nipped a lot of this in the bud if he'd included the texts in the original complaint.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

Right, so the implication is that these text messages might not exist at all. How far does this go then? Is it possible the accusers don't exist either? Or at least that they're not masseuses or they've very obviously never met Watson? Can Buzbee just file a bunch of weak complaints in an attempt to extort Watson via negative news cycles? If so, this feels like it'd be more a common practice, no? (Or is it actually already really common??)

Are you asking if fraudulent lawsuits are common?

Not saying it's related to this, but we literally just went through like 5 months of them from our former president.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm sure there is actual prostitution on instagram as well.

How do you think Jerry found Throatzilla?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bob Socko posted:

I don’t think someone would make up being so upset that they poo poo themselves. :fork:

Viral advertising for OBJ.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Where’s that saddlecreek church place

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

This is something I absolutely believe happened.

Not sure I do.

This guy is rich as poo poo. What does a sub 1 million dollar settlement do for him?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

General Dog posted:

Yeah I don't foresee a happy ending for anybody in this mess.

This was the source of the problem.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

so NOW they're trying to create a trade market

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Every single weekend he was flying in an Instagram masseuse and sexually assaulting them.

Like....that’s pathological.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

We know they the first assailant had two other players contact her, saying “big D” referred them.

Hopefully he was just trying to repair the damage he’d done and keep her quiet and not, you know, send will fuller and tunsil to harass her too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i do like how all of a sudden there are leaks about five teams being interested in trading for him

little late there, boys

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ragnarok the Red posted:

You can also make the argument that's why the Texans didn't trade him either. If they straight up knew about or were at least somewhat aware of Deshaun's proclivities, realized that if they traded him the owner & GM of whatever team he wound up on would flip their poo poo when all this came out, raise a huge stink about it to Goodell and the other owners and ultimately end up with Cal being forced to sell and Easterby losing his cushy gig.

Yeah, tepper is the wealthiest owner in the NFL by a lot.

Imagine if this had come out next week and Carolina had just pulled the trigger yesterday or the day before.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

also he's dead now lmao owned bitch

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao leaking parts of his defense plan like it's some primetime event.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Well due to Covid I paid for women to go through airports and get on planes.

Also lmao Watson got in trouble for throwing like a pizza party or whatever during Covid.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

half cocaine posted:

You guys forgot Ray Lewis murdered someone.

NFL man of the year the following season!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

half cocaine posted:

You guys remember when Wayne Gretzky made his wife his gambling patsy?

Peyton Manning made his wife his steroid mule.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

“Put her hand inside his anus”

Probably meant to say something else there, unless Watson is in to getting fisted.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Has Watson put these allegations to rest today yet?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

From the sound of it he hasn't even necessarily put the actions to rest considering one of the allegations is literally from within this month

“Sorry I was late for this press conference. My massage ran over. Anyway...”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm a little shocked he hasn't settled with everyone. There's no defense to this. Watson should not play another snap and should face just ice for his heinous crimes.

He should have been put on the commissioner's exempt list last week.

I think it makes more sense he wasn’t offered a settlement, and just lied to try to look good for a second longer.

Unless he must understood and “six figures” wasn’t the settlement but the number of women he sexually assaulted.