Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
I don’t even understand how there are employees that aren’t just fireable by the GM.

Or how they were talking about hiring a new GM & coach at the same time - surely one comes before anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
I think the truth becomes clear when you read the guys last tweeted statement: “I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect”.

Could any man honestly say that about themselves?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s an attempt to explain why he engaged with so many different women.

Huh? Even assuming you find one through Instagram, you’d just use the same one repeatedly if they were any good / you hadn’t done something to them.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Anyone else wondering if Watsons deciding he wanted out of Houston was affected by his own knowledge of these incidents, fears about potential legal trouble or discussion/rumours about these issues within the Texans front office?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Ehud posted:

You know what hit me about these women who come forward? They acquire a lot of their massage clients through social media.

I dated a physiotherapist for years, and she didn’t post any photos publicly on Facebook or Instagram specifically to discourage creeps. All her work came through a practice office via insurance anyway, but it was still a worry.

For a job that involves physical contact in a private room, anything that allows people to hire you because you’re an attractive young woman rather than based on credentials or recommendations is a bad idea.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I could almost buy Watson needing a ton of a massages, but ESPN didn't even question why an athlete of his caliber would be seeking so many inexperienced and underqualified massage therapists.

Just the fact that they’re all women is sus.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
I saw a Rich Eisen clip on youtube this weekend talking about a potential trade again, Eagles or Dolphins mentioned. Maybe it's time for some fan action like in the premier league.

Intruder posted:

e: Then you had a bunch of shitheads talking about how it worked the way it was supposed to and that charging over $9 per kWH is meant to incentivize plant owners to produce more electricity
Pah, if they truly believed in the market the monopoly plant owners would just be allowed to start charging that today and see what anyone can do about it.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Grittybeard posted:

In the naive hope that the NFL would be seeking to do the right thing I'd imagine. It's not like everyone follows exactly how bad they mess everything up like we do.

But what’s the possible benefit of talking to an org that isn’t the law and has interests directly opposed to your own?

The NFL doesn’t care about crimes or it’s players welfare, they care about money.

If anything, they’d happily help get a bunch of top players locked up and start a televised prison league where winning the bowl gets them a pardon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yes the way it's written but you have to remember he's the tool of 32 owners and so they're not gonna want him to exercise that power that way. Even if all 31 really hate this (and they do for the guaranteed deal if nothing else) they're not gonna set that precedent

They only care so far as how it looks, if they think there’s more money to be made by having him play, that’s what they’ll do.