Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

If your spouse cooked the meal and she wants a portion of it saved for later she should separate that portion out and put it away before serving the dish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

However if it's beef stroganoff then she is entitled to all of it because ewwww mushrooms

Dogatron
Jun 24, 2020

Big Beef City posted:

I once worked with a dude who brought his own large bowl to these. Think like... Dog bowl sized, fill it to the brim with every possible thing, mix them all up and wolf it down
He would repeat this until he was in physical pain.
He would take every possible leftover home.
He would eat ENTIRE boxes of donuts and whole birthday cakes if unsupervised.
He had to be talked to by management about this.
Multiple times.

His desk was full of various sauce and salt packets because he would take ALL of them.

Dog bowl size is not an easily understood unit of measurement. My dog , Cromwell, is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and his bowl is smaller than a Great Danes but bigger than a Chihuahuas.

I can understand big bowl, but then you complicate it by a simile that makes no loving sense. You are worse than your co worker in almost every way for this.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I hate when I'm forced to take leftovers that I clearly state I do not want. Motherfucker just throw it away, all you're doing is make me throw it away at my house.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I hate when I'm forced to take leftovers that I clearly state I do not want. Motherfucker just throw it away, all you're doing is make me throw it away at my house.

Those starving children in Africa can be on your conscious mister not mine

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Those kids wouldn't want to eat this nasty fuckin ham either.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Noblesse Obliged posted:

So let’s say I’m married

Hahahaha ya I know

But let’s pretend for a thought exercise. And my spouse makes a big mass of beef stroganoff.

Can they Pre claim a quarter of it for their future meal? Can they only if they cooked it?

This is more complicated than I initially thought when I was screeching at my mother

If you're married your spouse can not only claim a portion of dinner for their lunch, they can ask you to make a stroganoff or quiche for them to take for lunches. And then if you overeat such that they only have 3 lunches rather than five, they are justified to be mildly annoyed and/or tease you for being a greedy little piggy.

(As long as the overall relationship is equitable anyways.)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

However if it's beef stroganoff then she is entitled to all of it because ewwww mushrooms

See you will never have to worry about this because it's illegal to marry a literal child

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Look man I've tried them many, many times and I just do not like them

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Look man I've tried them many, many times and I just do not like them

:sad:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Mushrooms do suck leftover

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Do mushrooms ever go moldy?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

What if you're both at the grocery store and you grab a single serving meal, and you ask your significant other if they'd like one and they say no, then the next day you go to eat it but it's gone and when you ask them about it they say, "Don't worry about it, it wasn't even good"?

I feel like just on principle I should have broken up with them, especially because I know that it was good. I bought it because it was good.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Do mushrooms ever go moldy?

Yeah?
Really quickly actually.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

Yeah?
Really quickly actually.

Basically cannibalism when you think about it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You have maybe 3 days to cook mushrooms before they start smelling like a diseased crotch.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Poke the mushroom, If the flesh bounces back it's good, if it leave a dent throw that trash in the yard.

Never seen one go mouldy though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

See you will never have to worry about this because it's illegal to marry a literal child

Not in America!

Mushrooms are great though

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Dear Watson posted:

The answer to your question can be answered with the age old understanding that my wife is allowed to eat some of my French fries, but I’m not even allowed to think about going after hers.

This is a wisdom beyond time and space.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Butternubs posted:

Poke the mushroom, If the flesh bounces back it's good, if it leave a dent throw that trash in the yard.

Never seen one go mouldy though.

After they get soft and turn darker when they go bad, right after that they can get that white fuzzy mold on em

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Mushrooms are alright. I won't ask for them but I won't pick them off or anything.

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
Mushrooms in super mario brothers make you bigger if they are red and give you an extra life if they are green

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

GAYIDS posted:

Mushrooms in super mario brothers make you bigger if they are red and give you an extra life if they are green

Red if true.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

My experience with mushrooms is that if they're in a paper bag they dry out, if they're plastic wrapped they turn liquid. Never had any grow mold.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you invite someone as a guest and they haven't done anything egregious to disrupt your hospitality, they get first and most favorable access to anything within your home. Anything.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

Noblesse Obliged posted:

So let’s say I’m married

Hahahaha ya I know

But let’s pretend for a thought exercise. And my spouse makes a big mass of beef stroganoff.

Can they Pre claim a quarter of it for their future meal? Can they only if they cooked it?

This is more complicated than I initially thought when I was screeching at my mother

As long as pre-claiming meant that there was still enough left over for the meal itself I wouldn't care. We try to avoid leftovers because odds are one or the other will forget that we had it and then it will go bad.

I get the argument that someone could just make a second batch but that's extra dishes.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

What I thought would be a total non issue has ballooned into a huge problem and I'm up at 7:05 AM dealing with it. I figured while I wait for a text, I could post here to see if what I did was really that bad.

I'm a big fat rear end, there's no way around it. I love to eat which probably borders on addiction but I figure since I'm only hurting myself it's probably better to just live my life. I have some great friends although there is no doubt I'm the "harmless, funny token fat guy" of the otherwise pretty good looking group. I guess that sets the stage enough.

Last night my friend hosted UFC and I was invited. He got a 6 foot party sub. I also brought homemade wings that are sort of my specialty. Well of course people flocked to the food and I had basically one serving of the sandwich but people devoured my wings and I didn't get to have a single one. Which is totally fine that's why I brought them but maybe an hour later I was starving. I kept eyeing the sandwich and I'd say there was about 3 feet of it left. I waited an hour, then another half hour and no one had touched it (but they were still munching on chips, pretzels and what not). So I was like screw it...I took about half of what was left and ate it. Then the last half sat for another 10-15 minutes and no one said anything so ate the rest.

Well to be sure as I was swallowing the last bite the host's girlfriend asked where the sandwich was. Like I was the guilty party pretty much everyone pointed at me. I guess they'd noticed me eating the sandwich. She was furious and said that I was an incredible pig and that I had been super selfish to eat 3 feet of a sandwich. I felt so bad I tried to explain to her that I really did wait over an hour and thought people had lost interest. I also tried to explain how everyone had ate my wings and she said something along the lines of "you brought them to share Alan, if someone had eaten over half by themselves that's not loving sharing is it?"

I offered to order pizza or even go get subways and she said that it was a pathetic offer because the party sub had been from a local shop owned by her friends. I said I was sorry but the night was so tense from then on out.

I woke up this morning to several texts from my twin sisters (the host's girlfriend's best friends) saying that I had to get my poo poo under control and that everyone is really mad at me and that I embarrassed myself last night. I tried to explain to them what my mindset had been and they haven't responded.

Was I the rear end in a top hat for eating that much of the sandwich last night?

Edit: I guess I’ve been banned from responding but my inbox has 1200 notification so I can’t find out why.

To answer what seems to be the most common misconception, this wasn’t a subway party sub so definitely not 4x the size of a regular sub. This is a local place so it’s about 1.5 times the width of a regular sub. Its still a ton of food don’t get me wrong but I can down 5 subway footlongs in an afternoon easily; this is probably about equivalent to that, not 12 like some people are saying.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm the person upset I can't eat a sub that's been sitting out for 2 hours.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I abide by these sage words of wisdom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVQz3CbTeBg

Just replace "streets/city" with food/meal.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

To answer what seems to be the most common misconception, this wasn’t a subway party sub so definitely not 4x the size of a regular sub. This is a local place so it’s about 1.5 times the width of a regular sub. Its still a ton of food don’t get me wrong but I can down 5 subway footlongs in an afternoon easily

:trumppop: :trumppop: :trumppop:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That is incredible.

"I guess they noticed me"

You're a loving land whale and you ate 3 goddamn feet of sandwich in one go.

Yeah they noticed.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What I thought would be a total non issue has ballooned into a huge problem and I'm up at 7:05 AM dealing with it. I figured while I wait for a text, I could post here to see if what I did was really that bad.

I'm a big fat rear end, there's no way around it. I love to eat which probably borders on addiction but I figure since I'm only hurting myself it's probably better to just live my life. I have some great friends although there is no doubt I'm the "harmless, funny token fat guy" of the otherwise pretty good looking group. I guess that sets the stage enough.

Last night my friend hosted UFC and I was invited. He got a 6 foot party sub. I also brought homemade wings that are sort of my specialty. Well of course people flocked to the food and I had basically one serving of the sandwich but people devoured my wings and I didn't get to have a single one. Which is totally fine that's why I brought them but maybe an hour later I was starving. I kept eyeing the sandwich and I'd say there was about 3 feet of it left. I waited an hour, then another half hour and no one had touched it (but they were still munching on chips, pretzels and what not). So I was like screw it...I took about half of what was left and ate it. Then the last half sat for another 10-15 minutes and no one said anything so ate the rest.

Well to be sure as I was swallowing the last bite the host's girlfriend asked where the sandwich was. Like I was the guilty party pretty much everyone pointed at me. I guess they'd noticed me eating the sandwich. She was furious and said that I was an incredible pig and that I had been super selfish to eat 3 feet of a sandwich. I felt so bad I tried to explain to her that I really did wait over an hour and thought people had lost interest. I also tried to explain how everyone had ate my wings and she said something along the lines of "you brought them to share Alan, if someone had eaten over half by themselves that's not loving sharing is it?"

I offered to order pizza or even go get subways and she said that it was a pathetic offer because the party sub had been from a local shop owned by her friends. I said I was sorry but the night was so tense from then on out.

I woke up this morning to several texts from my twin sisters (the host's girlfriend's best friends) saying that I had to get my poo poo under control and that everyone is really mad at me and that I embarrassed myself last night. I tried to explain to them what my mindset had been and they haven't responded.

Was I the rear end in a top hat for eating that much of the sandwich last night?

Edit: I guess I’ve been banned from responding but my inbox has 1200 notification so I can’t find out why.

To answer what seems to be the most common misconception, this wasn’t a subway party sub so definitely not 4x the size of a regular sub. This is a local place so it’s about 1.5 times the width of a regular sub. Its still a ton of food don’t get me wrong but I can down 5 subway footlongs in an afternoon easily; this is probably about equivalent to that, not 12 like some people are saying.

Source your quotes (so I can see if there's any follow-ups)

Also yes this dude does need to get his poo poo under control

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

We all seek sensory pleasure as a transient method of distracting us from the inherent suffering of life.

Unless you're going to teach him the dharma and how to follow the noble eightfold path let the fat man eat his yardlong.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Source your quotes (so I can see if there's any follow-ups)

Also yes this dude does need to get his poo poo under control

The source forum takes down posts for direct links, but a search of the first sentence gets you there.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Oh god. Am I. Am I becoming the party sub guy?!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Also I love the "The night was so tense after that"

Bitch you just got screamed at and called out in front of by a room full of people. LEAVE.

"Lol well guess I'll just go sit back down. Man...everyone's so quiet"

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

He just lined up to it and walked forward with his mouth open.
Very intense

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Noblesse Obliged posted:

He just lined up to it and walked forward with his mouth open.
Very intense

I imagine it was more like this

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

You offered to buy subways to replace them and told that wasn't acceptable because it was a sub from your friends local shop. Why couldn't you buy a replacement sub from them? Do they have an exclusive customer list? Why was this not a solution that occurred to anybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The post says they were watching an MMA ppv. Those tend to take place at night. Most likely the local place was closed.