Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I love these boats. I hope they keep this rule for a long time.

Next series should be universal rule J class boats, but with foils* and no luxury interior requirements

*foil size determined as a fraction of L/D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

So does this mean two more years of flying boat treachery

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Latest rumor is that Emerates Airlines isn't going to be funding things next round, and unless NZ government steps in, it's headed to portsmouth uk

Would have loved to see America's Cup battled out in China though

That said I'm much more likely to fly to UK to see the next america's cup than either NZ or China

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2021/03/16/going-old-school-for-12mr-world-champs/

scuttlebutt posted:

America’s Cup comes from its history, and those chapters are kept alive by the continued presence of those yachts that once fought for the trophy. With over 90 built, the 12 Metre Class rings the bell loudest, and has endured long after its America’s Cup era from 1958 to 1987.

At least a dozen of the Vintage 12mR yachts are expected to arrive on their own keels from Germany, Denmark, and Sweden

will depart in mid-July for the journey of more than 1300 nautical mile

:allears:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I honestly wonder if something like a factory stock catalina 27 is more seaworthy than the latest batch of america's cup contenders