Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
#releasetheelderlist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Pragmatica posted:

I watched all of them live. :rip:
In normal years I'd offer goondolences but this was probably the most exciting year of the dicknose era so instead I'll say Get In There

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This JPEG should be regarded as a literal and scientific representation of the nature of the universe

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I would like to offer the first and only valid criticism of Sir Lewis the Viscount of Stevenage here, he should be adopting mutts and not getting fancy designer dogs. Though the dogs themselves are innocent, rescue mutts are the only honest and moral dogs to get.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Although I agree with the moral thrust of this gif I believe the composition is weak. It should feature clips of Lewis confidently and irreverently goofing off while his competitors, desperately marshalling all of their available talents through clenched teeth, fail comedically. For such will be the fate, in this life or the next, of all who oppose the Son of Man.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Khablam posted:

Pirelli should be sent to the Hague.
As with most defendants in the Hague, pirelli can plausibly say that they were only following orders

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

ewe2 posted:

Mazepin Haas-a-spin. Finally, Sir Lancelot has a worthy opponent with a similar level of maturity.
Ok this is unfair and unreasonable. Say what you want about Lance Stroll the Canadian Sensation but as far as we know he's been respectful toward women and especially his sister Chloe.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I weep for the deluded Checo fans ITT. To hope that Sergio might finish ahead of Max in more than one race is akin to hoping Poland might triumph in 1939. You may be on the moral side of the fanbase but you live in a dream world. Goondolences.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Frond posted:

My favourite lineup next year is definitely Leclerc-Sainz.

Mods? There is literally a team Dando next year

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The trophy bots were the best part of 2020. Better than Gasly or Checo's wins

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
"Toad in the hole"
"Cullen skink"
"Haggis"
"Bubble and squeak"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Lou Takki posted:

Is brexit finally loving happening?
Yes and it's everything I hoped it would be

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy8x77/this-corner-of-england-is-ground-zero-for-brexit-chaos-and-it-literally-reeks-of-piss

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I mentioned this in the watch thread and I don't remember what the answer was but isn't it true that Hamilton is a sub brand of a massive Swiss conglomerate of watch brands who only bought the rights to the name "Hamilton" after the actual Hamilton company went tits up in the 70s and they are Hamilton in the same way Royal Enfield is Royal Enfield so saying they've been "making watches for 93 years" is rather shameful capitalist propaganda which regards money as truth. But legally they did have the name before Lewis was born.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Azza Bamboo posted:

deliberately and knowingly ignore the repeated incidents?
This is the history of safety in motorsport. The Le Mans 55 disaster is a great example. Cars were going like 180mph max, they didn't have to put spectators 5 feet away from the pit straight protected by a RAMP OF DIRT. They didn't have to put the pit lane IN that pit straight. Jackie Stewart, more than a decade after that, writes about crashing in a race and discovering the only doctor on site was a gynecologist or something who was a wealthy friend of the track owner who was just there for fun. Most of these shortcomings were easily fixed with the knowledge and technology of the day, but the people in charge (sanctioning body, track owners, organizers, team owners) didn't give a poo poo. Nobody really started to give a poo poo until some time in the Sid Watkins era, from what I can tell. Motorsport is the essence of capitalism, after all, a political ideology wherein everyone suffers and dies except 3 guys at the top. #forzaferrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

how many races until he pulls ahead of verstappen in the driver slur championship
Once again this thread shows its irrational anti-Holland bias. Max is the greatest and strongest prejudicial epithet producer by far.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
As a Thread Elder I cannot allow such a disgusting and inaccurate spelling of the name of Formula One driver Dickeater Meatspin.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Just playing dickeater's advocate here, could not Meatspin as a pejorative word be regarded as problematic as well because the acts depicted in meatspin.gif are obviously not shameful and took place between consenting adults? (assumed in the absence of contrary evidence)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Azza Bamboo posted:

Just finished San Marino, and what an amazing climax to this tragic tale! These two drivers locked in a bitter duel over their pride and honour, as though every Italian trope had sang from the circuit and their cars to foretell that this swordfight would be to the death. Like the works of Shakespeare or the operas sang in old, there's something horribly horribly human about the spectacle, the drama, and the end of it all. I was a fool to think that this would be a boring race after Arnoux was out of the standings.
Look I dunno what thread you think you're posting in here but this is not the place for that

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Zeta Acosta posted:

another reason why mercedes benz should be banned from grand prix racing and motorsports in general
Everyone knows it was a British driver in a British car hitting another British driver in a British car who were responsible for that disaster of Frenchmen. The Germans were the victims and behaved honorably and selflessly after the incident! It was only the Islanders who laughed at the death of innocents and floored the accelerator to take their prizes, enjoying their total separation from the Continent and its people. A condition to which they shall soon return in simultaneous ignominy and pride. Disgusting.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Did Ferrari Fiat Chrysler SpA write that document? #forzamozilla

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
God I miss the days when Marlboro sponsored everything. Bring back tobacco. #forzaPMI

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Worth noting that, despite being a fraudulent criminal as all Her Majesty's Imperialists are, The Duck (Keith Duckworth) invented the best motor ever with the FVA and the DFV and almost all road-going motors ever since have copied its revolutionary intake flow scheme.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Frond posted:

The guy was a famously huge rear end in a top hat.
I move that we confer the title of Famously Huge rear end in a top hat on all Formula One team owners. Famously Huge rear end in a top hat Helmut Marko.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

the paradigm shift posted:

https://twitter.com/Jalopnik/status/1343725557956050946

10 years ago and technically just the sponsor "a high-end mens magazine" demanded she pose topless. the team only agreed for her to wear a bikini without asking.
The Finnish article translated it as an Indycar team not Indy lights. I really want to know what team and what magazine those were.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I absolutely love that even when you're sponsored by someone else you're still sponsored by Marlboro. It's like a Bolshevik nanny state except the safety net provided to the population is tobacco sponsorship in motorsports. Bring back tobacco. #forzaPMI

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Arnoux as a poor man's Gilles.
Could this be used as evidence to assert that Québec is the true Francophone nation and "France" is the sorry low class offshoot?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Serious question, will our favorite commentators be legally required to refer to Lewis as Sir Lewis and never as just Lewis in their broadcasts?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Custard Undies posted:

I'm not sure, but you just reminded me that Bernie payed his way out of going to jail for bribery charges. :allears:
loving legend

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Tsaedje posted:

Let me be the first to congratulate Sir Lewis Hamilton on his 2021 WDC
Perhaps we should start the 2022 off season thread now, why beat around the bush?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
To be fair, Max's helmet design -- although it protects a violent and criminal head -- is aesthetically pleasing and sets itself apart from most other drivers' helmets with lighter colors. That plane does not approximate his helmet design and is therefore a very bad plane.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Wtf why is Kelly dating Verstappen
2021 thread title

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
"clear mistake" "have dealt with this and will continue to deal with this" - Harvey Weinstein's production company, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Much as I love Dan, the Formula One dream team would be Lewis and Seb. The most moral driver pairing. Together they'd end racism, as opposed to 2nding racism.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Frond posted:

Mansell is still the oldest modern WDC right? He was 39 when he won his IIRC.
You mean when he lucked into an unbeatable neweymobile?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
You mean Multiple Formula One Podiist Lance Stroll?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

a pipe smoking dog posted:

he made his dad buy a racing team
This is a rather motorsport-normative assumption, what if Lawrence pushed Lance into this career and Lance always wanted to be a puppeteer? It would explain some of his driving performances

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

marshalljim posted:

Sir Lewis is so good and magnanimous that it's NBD for him to let someone else win a championship every now and then.
Thinking this may be the final point of negotiation for his contract. In order to feign unpredictability in the sport, Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One and FOM/FIA are advocating that Lewis let Valtterible win one championship like he did with Nico. Lewis is understandably resistant to this agreement but in the end will acquiesce because he and everyone else knows that his blessings as given by the King of Kings and the Lord of Hosts will easily allow him to achieve a further record breaking multiple drivers championships post-2021. #teamlh44 #stillirise

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Perhaps Britain is pioneering a new political philosophy wherein processing customs forms and fees are regarded as the essence of freedom and thus are an inherent good

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

track day bro! posted:

oh i forgot to make an f1 op, in these uncertain times can anybody say that we should be watching the sport of formula 1
A bold ideological claim you put forth, divorced from reality, that F1 is a sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
To be fair I've never seen a bad Williams pdf, Rebus may be the only one there doing a stellar job