Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

2020 was the year of Lance Stroll Maiden Pole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

So DAS is out for next year, but how much of an advantage did it really provide? Mercedes / Lewis still would have won without it but what time advantage was it giving merc if they ran without it?

Haven't seen much coverage of DAS other than the initial 'omg STEERING WHEEL MOVES' articles at the start of the season.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Bottas = Gasly is my primary take away from this.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.revealed-f1s-team-bosses-choose-their-top-10-drivers-of-2020.2z5yo7av41tQC3MrzeFNa3.html

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I weep for the deluded Checo fans ITT. To hope that Sergio might finish ahead of Max in more than one race is akin to hoping Poland might triumph in 1939. You may be on the moral side of the fanbase but you live in a dream world. Goondolences.

The only way this happens is if Max keeps crashing into walls, and Sergio keeps being consistent the way he has been (with a stable car...).

The changes of which are low. Seems to me RB just needs a guy to balance out Max until they bring Alex back in '22 or some other equally bizarre poo poo so they don't have to admit that their young driver strategy isn't working

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

https://twitter.com/LiamFreeman_/status/1340785714989064198?s=20

edit: my word

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Azza Bamboo posted:

Formula one is my favourite political drama series, and there's cool cars too.

I don't expect George Russell's arc to develop this season though.

George podium in 2021 IMO

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1348583447258869761?s=20

Keep it up F1.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Payndz posted:

Oh god, the massive lamp. That brings back memories of better days.

(I could only find a tiny, lovely version of the photo, sadly...)

idgi. Is this about F1 or iron skillets?

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Dubai is the superspreader

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

the gently caress kind of peas you grow

Well funded ones, apparently.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Maybe F1 will be interesting like MotoGP now?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...nk84zATl7F.html

Formula1.com posted:

The reorganisation of Renault's Formula 1 operation – to be known as Alpine from this season – continued this weekend as Davide Brivio was named as Racing Director of the team.

Brivio, who has a long record of success in MotoGP with Yamaha and most recently Suzuki, had been linked with a switch to F1 ever since he quit his role with the Japanese manufacturer earlier this month.

And on Sunday morning, Alpine confirmed the news in a short statement that read: "We are delighted to confirm Davide Brivio will strengthen our team ahead of the 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship season.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Fixed it

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

I like how its pronounced 'Al - peen' and not 'Al - pine'

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Tobacco Nicotine <> F1

This is extremely weird to see in a 2021 marketing campaign...but its F1 so I guess it makes sense??

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Is this Netflix's work? they just added wheel of fortune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

"Hey bby, wanna get to know my lance-stroll-maiden-pole :smug:"