Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rebus posted:

It will be the most successful Williams ever and will carry Nicholas Latifi to his maiden WDC.

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

your friend wicka posted:

When you write dumbfuck poo poo like this people assume you mean he's dead, just FYI

https://twitter.com/WilliamsRacing/status/1338889183377711106

The man survived a rented Ford Sierra and Paul Ricard, nobody itt earnestly believes covid could put such a Titan of a man on his head.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the corona quid posted:

Stroll owns ya loving cunts.

Thread title pls

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rhopunzel posted:

2012 was really the last F1 season i remotely cared about

2012 was loving exhausting. Especially with the whole yellow flag poo poo after Brazil.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

He's a worse driver than Pérez

If that were true, why is Perez without a drive next year? :smuggo:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Does Meatspin do lines of coke, burnouts in his M3, kart like Luca Corberi and gently caress his sister? Asking for a friend.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

are you saying jos is a good lad

:discourse:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

your friend wicka posted:

But enough about Diana

:golfclap:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Big announcement guys, I'm dumping my iPhone X 256GB in Space Gray for a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 128GB in Cosmic Black.

Apple is officially dead.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

OhsH posted:

ok and

F5

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

POCKET CHOMP posted:

This is the dumbest poo poo, there's a reason every household in Asia has a rice cooker. Rice cookers own but also Ferrari owns too just FYI.

Especially the Ferrari bit.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the corona quid posted:

Really would love to see British people here attempt to defend their cuisine after watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo8vR1EzSy0

Thanks for making me feel sick first thing in the morning 🤮

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

See this is why we never told you where the decent carveries are.

Anywhere where meats are kept warm by lamp light and you have to queue up to be served is automatically disqualified from being classed as "decent."

It's like saying a soup kitchen is gourmet.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

"Toad in the hole"
"Cullen skink"
"Haggis"
"Bubble and squeak"

I stayed in Cullen recently and the idea of fish in a milk soup aka Cullen Skink just could not be sold to me by any of the locals.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
English cuisine should just be happy with the fact that a fry up with haggis, black pudding and mushy peas owns. Like, it's OK. Its not terrible.

Canada has poutine as its culinary contribution to the world.

The US contribution is diabetes and a TV show called 'My 600lb Life' which is notably not syndicated in a single other country on this planet yet they feel a need to educate everybody on food. :thunk:

Bottom line is that the best food comes from Europe (excluding France) and Asia.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rectal Placenta posted:

Wow, going out on a limb there saying that half the world has the best food

It's the off-season, my takes aren't as sizzling as usual, sorry.

Wait - surströmming is delicious. There ya go.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Word on the street is that the new strain of COVID comes from Stevenage and is the most #blessed strain, it has 7x WDC and GOAT DNA in it. That's enough to change me into an anti-vaxxer.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the corona quid posted:

Lmao yeah no. The EU owns.

The EU is a cancer upon the great shores of Great Britain and their reign of tyranny and opression over the good, hardworking lads and lasses of this great nation cannot be ended soon enough.

Luckily a new dawn will break on 1st January 2021 and the oppressed masses of the EU will see what true freedom and greatness looks like. The sun will once more shine brightly over the Great British Empire and we will conquer the world, freed from the shackles of straight bananas, Teutonic legislatory overreach and our 100% British Pork sausages being mislabeled as 'emulsified high fat offal tubes' in the European export market. :britain:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

FAUXTON posted:

lol I wonder what fluis is waiting for in contract renewal

An equity stake in the team, or Daimler.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Yeh my brother lives on Guernsey too Theo

How very dare you, I live in the engineering capital of the world that is Longbridge. A district with the proud history of Rover, the most iconic brand in motoring history.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

From producing the original mini to the CityRover. A fall from grace for the plant.

The greatest car ever made: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...ius=1501&page=1

quote:

Available to view by appointment only

e: i mean this 100% unironically, those old 200s fuckin' owned as long as you weren't one of the idiots that bought one with a Rover (originally a British Leyland heap of clog iron) engine and instead opted for the Honda unit.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Dec 22, 2020

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Frond posted:

The Honda Concerto-based Rover 200/400 were legitimately good cars (they were related to the EF Civic/DA Integra, Honda's high water mark IMO.)

Definitely, I think my dad ran 3 or 4 of them into the ground over several years because they were great beaters that were dirt cheap to run.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the corona quid posted:

I think the whole thing was a marriage of convenience. BL/Austin/Rover/whatever couldn’t afford to develop a new platform on their own and Honda got hosed by the VRA in the states and needed to move up market without necessarily having a firm grasp on what the luxury market was in the west compared to Japan.

The McPherson thing is strange because as far as I was aware part of Honda’s reasoning for going for double wishbone was to lower the front hood line and made McPherson struts difficult to implement. Re-engineering that probably would’ve killed any cost savings from going to McPherson strut in my mind.

Everything BL is pure comedy. My grandfather was a journo who went to the plant where they were making buses and touting their 24 hour production line.

Dudes turned up for the night shift, unfurled their sleeping bags and proceeded to have a good night's kip on the half assembled double deckers.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Was it Rover that had the galaxy brain idea to use both metric and imperial bolts in their engines? I forget which British icon claims that crown.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the corona quid posted:

No no no it was worse than that.

They wanted to appear modernized but couldn’t afford to rework any of their engines so they kept the imperial thread pitches but then changed all the heads to metric. Basically turbo loving anybody who had to replace a bolt and wasn’t acutely aware that this was a thing that they had done.

This is like the Nico Rosberg of engine development

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

net work error posted:

The human eye can only see 30fps, why use 60?

please tell me you're trolling before I effortpost

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sulman posted:

He's been disciplined. What's the problem? Teams are not exactly eager to be in F1 at the moment, you have to accept some commercial realities.

You realise that even in the worst thread this is a really lovely take, right?

E: sorry, worst off season thread

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Can we please stop on the dickeater meatspin nickname because it’s already incredibly cringy

ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

the third dude even has mazepin's enormous loving fivehead

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
It's the circle of F1. The plucky young upstarts have at best a couple of seasons before they become garbage assholes that are part of the corporate machinery. The last example before Haas were Red Bull, the likes of HRT, Caterham and Marussia didn't survive long enough.

The only real good guys in F1 are Ferrari. Good, honest, not sexually aggressive lads who mean well and don't cheat. I bet Are Charles is the most gentlemanly gentleman. If he took me out on a date I'd just spend the entire night looking into his dreamy eyes whilst he put no pressure on me to do anything I wasn't comfortable with. We'd have dinner down around Larvotto and then go up to Nikki Beach on the rooftop of the Fairmont, have some cocktails, dance and just hold each other. Then we'd go our separate ways and I would wait for him to send me a message on WhatsApp and he wouldn't wait too long but when I get the message I'd know that he'd waited enough, but that it would have felt too long for him. :swoon:

Theophany fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 23, 2020

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Zedd posted:

F1 really could use 1-2 more teams. Bezos go do something with your unholy amount of money.

Amazon prime, but your parcel is delivered by Grosjean crashing through your house in a blast of hellfire.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dictator. posted:

You do know they're Italians, right?

Please do not be racist about my people.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Happy Christmas to all round good lad and world drivers champion Nico Rosberg. I hope he is having a good Christmas with his beautiful wife and kids.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Big energy from grandma tbh

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

net work error posted:

What is the threads consensus on enamel aluminum pans? I got one as a gift.

Red copper trumps all, sorry

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

God I miss the days when Marlboro sponsored everything. Bring back tobacco. #forzaPMI

Is Mission Winnow waiting until Ferrari are competitive again before returning? Nobody wants to smoke loser cigarettes, they want the delicious taste of victory.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Haas' livery next year is going to be those Wish adverts you get on facebook.

My purchase history on wish.com has been orders of magnitude more reliable than my orders of Rich Energy :colbert:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I am shocked that a media outlet that employs Mark Hughes could make such misguided decisions.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Enzo remembered Dijon '79 and realised what a mistake he'd made signing Arnoux as a poor man's Gilles.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Ahahahahaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

News years honest list, thought this may be relevant in this great thread

No we all love Lewis and want to kiss him now. We don't even call him Poois Shamilton.