Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

What are the chances this season of Drive to Survive opens with clips of news reports about coronavirus?

100%

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

daslog posted:

Did they announce that Albon and Kvyat are out yet?

haven't seen anything official

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OscqgBj1HCw

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

OhsH posted:

esports in general is dumb, but f1 being the most bankrolled and shittiest one owns

and now ea owns codemasters

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

is this the self harm thread now

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Skim Milk posted:

anyways bitches

perez wdc 2021 (north) america #1

NAFTA! NAFTA! NAFTA!

it's usmca now

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/neoliberal_dad/status/1340435792397787137

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

i hear brexit came early this year

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Frond posted:

The South American broadcasts look like they are filmed in a fishbowl lol.

yeah one of the 80s monaco's I downloaded was all in japanese but easily the best quality I had seen for anything before 99 from the brit or aussie broadcasts

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Big Jesus posted:

That is one of the dumbest lawsuits I have ever seen, surely there's more back story to it

probably not he probably was going to license his name to a watch brand idk I'm not reading an article

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Azza Bamboo posted:

I've watched 5 old Grand Prix races now and one thing I'm noticing about these 80s cars is that the drivers' legs are right at the front of their cars. I've seen one driver get their leg trapped after the front took a smash, and two drivers limping out of their cars after being stopped in the catch fencing. Watching this stuff back over with modern sensibilities is fascinating. Did they not think about this or did they deliberately and knowingly ignore the repeated incidents?

it's why johnny herbert walks like that he got his legs mangled in one of those cigar tubes they used to use in the lower formulas. i think they still run those cars without wings in some brit series; i sometimes catch videos of it on youtube.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

was finally able to listen to this and yeah he's doing some good work. also did one of prost at suzuka in that thread.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

every time I leave the uk in euro truck sim the game updates and sticks me back in birmingham by the next week when I have time to play again

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

i just hope they still haven't figured out their rear suspension

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

oh yeah that was the barbecue on the starting straight one wasn't it

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

if it hadn't been 55 it would have just been a different year with other names

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

rjr brought back lucky strikes and if anything needs to be on a livery it's that

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/Jalopnik/status/1343725557956050946

10 years ago and technically just the sponsor "a high-end mens magazine" demanded she pose topless. the team only agreed for her to wear a bikini without asking.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

if drug cartels can come up with good designs they should be allowed to launder their money through f1

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/JackandJonesTM/status/1344703405466546182

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

daslog posted:

I think I read somewhere that the spending cap includes driver salaries. That means if you spend 40 million on Hamilton versus 5 million on Russell you actually lose 35 million dollars of car development.

it does not

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Fumble posted:

Its Branson's old plane, so the interior will have been sprayed with old man jizz.

does that lower the price?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

ethanol posted:

I listened to his beyond the grid interview last night actually and he said he loves America...

specifically he loves texas and the southwest which is weird since you can just get that in australia

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

Isn't it really late in the day to be swapping engine manufacturer? How close to the season start did Brawn get the Mercedes deal agreed?

I mean what else are they going to do rebuild the Honda units from last year?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I think nonce is specifically a pedophile where marzipan is what I think the brits call a run of the mill sex pest

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

ROFLBOT posted:

Hasn’t Alpine had a grand total of like 1 model that has likely been outsold by the Bugatti Chiron since it was reborn 6 years ago or whenever it was?

it's a very nice blue

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

yeah hard to blame him for not just saying gently caress that but lmao no way

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hope that season gets wiped from the history books like the time Nigel Mansell won because his car was driven by the advanced AI from Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix Simulation

https://twitter.com/Jalopnik/status/1321894602052349952
^ this was ferrari in 2020

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

i hope ferrari wins

they have a brit now how could they lose

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

the corona quid posted:

Normally I would say no but MotoGP announced they’re having two Qatar GPs so now I’m thinking it’s a toss up whether you should watch F1 🤷🏼‍♂️

gotta give ducati a leg up

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

formula e probably uses a clapped out van as a shuttle

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYV2_PqAk3E

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

what's a shame is we were denied some british midfield team showing up with a crudely transplanted fanboat fan

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

the corona quid posted:

Joan Mir is a good lad who is going to put the #1 on his bike for next season 😌

hell yeah

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

the corona quid posted:

As someone who’s father decided that having an ACVW as a family of four’s daily driver for three years in the 90s was a good idea this would be some wild poo poo to see.

this air cooled corvair passed all through my dad's side of the family in the 90s and most of my memories of it are about overheating

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

failure ballast

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

poty posted:

Seeing some people on twitter, probably funded by Nico Rosberg, saying that Tom Brady is the sports goat of all time. I will not stand for it.

yeah it's obviously marc marquez

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

watching the doctor, the tornado, and the kentucky kid and nicky haden's horrible accent keeps making me smile remembering growing up on the border of tennessee and kentucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I haven't been able to watch anything on the official f1 youtube in a couple of months. it's just saying video unavailable with no more info so google is useless. eventually I'll get fed up enough to contact support since it's the only channel doing it to me.