Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Epitope posted:

It may be clear to you but it is not clear to me. Are you applying to be my project manager and or financial advisor? Because I'm not sharing my financial details publicly

Before you get too excited you should know Motronic is a know it all that has to post in every thread here in HCH and might have some challenges with reading comprehension. For him I'm pretty sure everything is wrong except what he does and everyone is an idiot except him. I'm a glutton for punishment so I haven't put him on ignore yet.

Okay, now that may have calmed you down a bit. I do not fully understand the situation and you're going to get no shortage of contractors that want to "fix" your stuff when really they want to get the money out of your pocket into theirs. The problem with photos on the internet is people aren't going to be really able to help you to the level you are looking for. Photos only go so far and someone who is knowledgable of the local regulations/weather patterns is really going to be able to help a lot more.

My suggestion would be to get your insurance adjustor out to your house to check things out. One of my friends had water/rotting wood problems in the frame of the house in Seattle and insurance got involved. Insurance has an interest in doing it right vs a contractor interested in separating you from your money. And insurance doesn't want to pay so if they think they can get someone else to pay they may try that. Also, your insurance people may have a list of trusted contractors they like to work with. That is if you trust your insurance provider. If you don't then you're going to have to be looking around harder than that.

The biggest point is if you plan on hiring this out and not doing it yourself then the best suggestion is finding a good company to do the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Motronic posted:

So you start with ME being the problem and then give him a suggestion that 100% will get him dropped from his homeowner's insurance. Very interesting.

Another example of you being the only person that can be correct, even though I provided a tangible example of difference. Insurance didn't drop my friends who had problems way worse than this.

Good job with that reading comprehension issues again by picking out just a few items in a post.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
College Slice
Your guy's insurance sucks.

I've had my insurance out for a leaking roof right after buying a house and they hooked me up with two contractors they liked working with. I picked one, got the bill and called up insurance again and they said it won't be worth claiming it as it was below the deductible for the year. My Seattle friends got half their issue paid for by insurance and I touched base with them and they didn't get increased premiums.

I guess it depends on who your insurance is and what state you live in.