Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just got started and I am a bit further ahead and all I will say is holy poo poo I have no idea what is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Natsuno Minami is… look, she’s great. I love her. She’s voiced by Erica Mendez, known for roles like Gon from Hunter x Hunter, Emma in The Promised Neverland, and Ryuko from Kill la Kill. That last one is especially relevant on the subject of works that are horny for the anime teens. Anyway, she’s pretty prolific, I could go all day listing roles of hers. Like, I didn’t even mention that she’s Bernie from Fire Emblem!

I didn't think about it at first but her va performance does feel a lot like an energetic Bernie. And I would argue that even from the start I was aware of sentry guns being useful as if was ever unsure what to do with a sentinel that had them I would just chuck the guns onto the field.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
All I could think about when just before I ran into the scene with the cat was that I thought I was getting this game and the plot. Then I realized how wrong I was and tried my best to ready myself for whatever else was about to come.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

…Okay, I’m officially lost on what any the gently caress of that meant. How about you guys?

Could be a bit long but seems like perfect subtitle material for 13 sentinels.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Ei Sekigahara is voiced by Kyle McCarley, who’s known for roles like 9S from Nier Automata, Mob from Mob Psycho 100, and Narancia from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind. Ei is actually way deeper than his normal register, I’m honestly super impressed with this performance.

Now that you have pointed it out I do hear it to as it reminds me of the voice he used for Mikazuki Augus.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think Ogata is a good fighter when it comes to brawling with other teens but will lose out against an individual I assume would have been actually trained to fight.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I hope you will be getting more cork boards as the game progresses.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Raitzeno posted:

Apparently there's some merch for the game, and it's adorable. The plushies have magnets in their hands to stick together. https://mamegyorai.shop/en/collections/13sar

I don't know enough yet to say if anything there is a spoiler, but merch has a tendency to do that, so beware, I guess?

The plushies are adorable but from what I can see there are spoilers for the game on the other merch and it could be even worse on the back unless it just shows the same stuff.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I always remember the end to this segment quite clearly as I had just started and had been focusing on Juro's route so this was quite a lot to take in.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 13, 2021

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WarpedLichen posted:

When did Miura start living at Juro's? Why is Juro collecting hobos like they're vintage beanie babies?

When Natsuno blackmailed him into letting Miura stay there as seen in Juro's second story section.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I continue to be a fan of the pin board as it is a nice way to visualize just all the various facts and ideas that you as a player are slowly accumulating until things finally start making sense.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Maybe a new character will get people to vote for someone else.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

This poll will be brief and probably only be up for about a day, and I know it'll take a bit longer to fill out, so thanks for bothering. Again, this is mainly just to read the room on which method will work better, so we'll see. The poll is here.

That is the link to create a poll instead of to take part in one.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Glad to see we are finally starting Ryoko's story. There are characters I find more interesting but I do enjoy what happens in her content.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Not really a fan of that final scene.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GimmickMan posted:

Megumi and Natsuno both are heroines stuck in the wrong genre and that makes them super endearing to follow even when their individual plotlines might not be as interesting as, say, Juro's or Hijiyama's.

It is interesting to compare the two. Natsuno is having a fun time with her robot friend whilst Megumi is stuck in a situation that is just getting worse with an rear end in a top hat cat.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, this is definitely one of the bigger curve balls the game throws at you.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

kw0134 posted:

I just shotgunned the thread and I have theories that I am sure no one wants to hear or discuss because it would be impossible to discuss it without undermining said thread. Makes me anxious for the next update.

Go for it for as long as the people who do know the plot stay quiet then it should be fine.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That does get harder as the games goes on.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Who could have imagined that the cat telling Megumi to shoot people would have something very weird going on about them?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alxprit posted:

Wait so there's a presumed level cap of 30 and some people are only barely hitting 10 and 15 right now? This ride's going for a long while yet, huh...

Story progress has definitely outpaced battle progress but yes there is still plenty of insanity on both fronts to go.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is a great moment. You finally get a definitive question about one of the first mysteries in the game but it only makes things more strange and giving you even more questions.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is another great moment and why I a prefer keeping all the stories at roughly the same place percentage wise as that way you can jump from shocking revelation to shocking revelation.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I sometimes forget just how good the soundtrack for this game is.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Do whatever makes your life easier.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is the most difficult part of the game when everything you thought was being built up starts collapsing around your ears whilst all you can do is desperately keep on climbing up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I never noticed that smile of hers whilst shooting Ida.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Another classic 13 sentinels update where you get a lot of information but it does very little to fill in the gaps.

Edit: And maybe one day Okino will stop teasing Hijiyama.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It can get a bit repetitive if you do it in big chunks but that is why you space it out with story.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is peak 13 Sentinels and why I so enjoyed playing it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MachuPikacchu posted:

It’s a bit disjointed but that last line more than makes up for it.

I don’t know if this is has been already answered or not, but: this isn’t the first time someone has mentioned that it is no longer possible to loop. Do we know why this is? Or is that spoiler territory?

I am pretty sure it hasn't been explained why looping is no longer an option.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It makes sense that Juro wouldn't see the issue with screaming his feelings like that considering what he did the last time he was in a sentinel.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WarpedLichen posted:

So as we're wrapping all this up Tamao is oddly not relevant to anything at all? You would think she would be one of the special kids to have a robot made in her shape.

Pretty sure she was a victim of budget issues.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Just tried to record the final battle over a marathon 3-hour, 20-minute (!!!) session.

It did not go well. I failed many, many times, and unfortunately, I think part of that's the final party selection leaving us a little starved for certain options that we desperately need. So, I'm left to ask you guys what we do about it: either we can turn the difficulty down to Normal, or I can make one (1) pilot substitution. Hopefully we won't need a poll, I just want an informal read of the room on this.

Show us who won the vote and then make the substitution.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is a massive battle of endurance where you have no idea of how close you are to winning until it has already happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Thanks so much to all of you who stuck with this behemoth. It's been a hell of a ride, and I know it wasn't always the easiest to follow. I'm going to have some bonus updates explaining some story turns, so submit any lingering questions you might have about the story and maybe I'll answer them using the Mystery Files and the developer Q&A.

Thank you so much for doing this lp as without it I would never have found out about this amazing game.