Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
This game is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Waffleman_ posted:

You're barely getting to grips with the giant robots and she's just like "Are you from the future"

“Are you also from the future, like this other guy”, to be specific! Not just “is time travel in play”, but “are you one too?”

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Lysine is one of my fave songs on the soundtrack, and y'all should absolutely listen to it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I...think War of the Worlds itself, author and all, is in the public domain in the US? Even after the Mickey Mouse Protection Act, it's been more than 95 years.

I'm no copyright lawyer, but this feels unnecessary, unless British copyright law is more restrictive, maybe?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Not to, like, counter advertise a different LP in this one's thread

but Kyle McCarley has a bunch of videos on youtube of him playing the game, and they're a fun watch if only to get the voice acting, which rules

...or you could play yourself, which is probably ideal, and very recommended

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Ah, I get it!

It's 13 sentinels because this is a multiversal rendition of '—All You Zombies—' and the single person that is everyone only turned into a robot 13 times.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Fluffy is wonderful in so many ways, starting from the immaculate voice acting.

He’s like if Grimoire Weiss was even more patronizing.

Without question my favorite character in the game, even.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Feb 19, 2021

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

This is one of those games where you're probably doing yourself a disservice if you don't listen to the English voices, assuming you don't speak Japanese, because literally everyone nails their roles.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Nenji and Tomi have an impeccable dynamic.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

It is incredibly well done and I’d recommend actually finding a video if, y’know, that wasn’t likely to lead to spoilers.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Arist posted:

I haven't updated the second post in a while, and I'm wondering if I should just do something else with it? Like, maybe I could summarize each character's story so far in it, if people need that?

Your call, of course, but it’s probably a good idea with 13 different protagonists!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Junpei posted:

Man, aside from Arist, people are pretty quiet.

The game speaks for itself!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The corkboard continues to be the real star of the LP

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Okino is hilariously hosed up

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Poor Ryoko.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

kw0134 posted:

Why does it look like a riot is happening in the cafeteria?

It's a high school cafeteria with only one small booth to get the good food at, I'm more shocked there aren't fights breaking out

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Consider Hemborger.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Every single person should listen to [DEOXYRIBOSE], which is one of the best songs in the game

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I absolutely love this scene, the voice acting is perfect

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

This twist is so ridiculous and so, so perfect.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

MachuPikacchu posted:

So Megumi got exactly what she wanted: Juro Kurabe has the memories of Juro Izumi. It's like a monkey's paw made of nanomachines.

It's Like a Monkey's Paw Made of Nanomachines: Let's Play 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hunt11 posted:

Show us who won the vote and then make the substitution.

This is the best option, yeah.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Thanks for trying so hard with the voted-in squad; that's a ridiculous amount of dedication to the poll!

I'd have given up after the 3rd wipe, I think

Anyway, that said, I don't love the battle system in this game, but even as it tries to crash whatever system it's running on, this final battle does a stellar job of immersing you in the intended desperation

also Edge of the Future is such a good final battle song

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I really do love that the game so strongly rejects the "but they're AI, so they're not real people" thing. Miwako deserves the world. (And I'm a gigantic sap and really loved that they gave pretty much everyone a happy ending, even the adults from loops ago.)

They should have left Ida to rot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

MachuPikacchu posted:

Wait, so Tamao's a flesh and blood human being like the others? I thought there were only 14 (13 Sentinel pilots + Okino).

Nope, there's 15.

I believe (and don't quote me on this, I might be remembering incorrectly) Okino and Tamao were actually planned to have stories, but they were cut because the plot was already monstrously complex and the devs were under time/budget pressure.

On a different note, thanks for this fantastic LP of an equally fantastic game!