Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!

Koos Group posted:

Isn't this meant to be the thread for mod feedback? Seeing a lot of people giving feedback who aren't mods.

i think you will find we are all extremely cspam modded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Flavius Aetass posted:

"In the reversed position, Death can mean that you are on the verge of meaningful change but are resisting it. You may be reluctant to let go, or you may not know how to make the change you need. You still carry harmful viewpoints from the past that may interfere with a new opportunity. Because of your refusal, life has stagnated, and you feel stuck in limbo."

the mods are crypto-D&D posters, knew it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Ringo was incredibly underappreciated.

There, I said it.

people poo poo on ringo a lot, but like, ok, if you're so good, why didn't the beatles pick you for drummer?

plus he was the conductor on thomas, so he'll always have a special place in my heart.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ringo is selling ms paint drawings for big bucks and you know, i can respect that

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
There should probably be a rule against speaking ill of the Democratic party.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Proposal: Mandatory word filter that replaces every instance of "liberal" with "loving liberal".

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Koos Group posted:

There should probably be a rule against speaking ill of the Democrat party.

ftfy

:mods:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
the font size of the word liberals should increase by one every time it's used on the same page

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i think its a matter of basic respect to call them the Democratic Party and the Republicanic Party

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!

Eox posted:

the font size of the word liberals should increase by one every time it's used on the same page

also the typeface should grow more elaborate and baroque with each use

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hodgepodge posted:

also the typeface should grow more elaborate and baroque with each use

enable this for a wide range of cspam catchphrases. make "in minecraft" bold red with sirens. "owned" where each letter is bigger than the last. fyad pink text, yospos in code blocks. nazi could autolink to a gif of springtime for hitler. anarchakiddy/tankie in pure white.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

C-spam's Daily Reading

Judgement: reflective thoughts. Today is a day of self-evaluation and reassessment. Accept the faults of your bias, but don't let it cloud your ideas.

8 of Pentacles: achievable feelings. Today is a day of diligence and sustained effort. Things worked now is one less burden for the future self.

Inverted Knight of Pentacles: unfulfilling actions. Today is a day of solid effort with little reward or praise. Required work unsung, but required nonetheless.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!
judgement is also a low-key sexy times card. as the solid facade site put it, "Herein is the intimation of a significance which cannot well be carried further in the present place. What is that within us which does sound a trumpet and all that is lower in our nature rises in response--almost in a moment, almost in the twinkling of an eye?"

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Hodgepodge posted:

i think you will find we are all extremely cspam modded

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

no new calls since early sunday evening, you silent scoundrels

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Hello again C-Spam, today I bring you a pm in need of guidance and advice from the cards. As always, I've rewritten and anonymized it to keep their identity hidden.

anonymous posted:

Hello Seer, my question is simple - i haven't seen my online friend in a while, and im not sure if I should reach out and see how they're doing or if they'll come back on their own.

Situation / Outcome Reading #3

Inverted Death: fear of change. Sometimes people outgrow spaces, or lose connection and its normal to want them to remain. Sometimes it's not up to you to decide, instead do your part to always ensure there's a spot at the table for them if they decide to come back.

Knight of Cups: messenger. You can always send them a message they can read on their own time, positive support is good, but respect boundaries and let them have their personal space.

Inverted 8 of Swords: acceptance. Closure is the name of the game here, if you need to send a message then send it. If they want to come back they will on their own. Sometimes people have bigger obligations than they let on

- - - - - -

Remember to send me PMs of situations or questions you have, or ask in the thread if you don't care to be anonymized. I do single card draws as well!

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

clockwork chaos posted:

C-spam's Daily Reading

Judgement: reflective thoughts. Today is a day of self-evaluation and reassessment. Accept the faults of your bias, but don't let it cloud your ideas.

8 of Pentacles: achievable feelings. Today is a day of diligence and sustained effort. Things worked now is one less burden for the future self.

Inverted Knight of Pentacles: unfulfilling actions. Today is a day of solid effort with little reward or praise. Required work unsung, but required nonetheless.

look at that dam idiot hittin coind with a hMmer

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
this tarot poo poo is really stupid, just completely baby brained, isn't it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Please assign IKs to each giant highly trafficked thread whose only responsibility is to summarize them every 10-20 pages tia

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Syenite posted:

Please assign IKs to each giant highly trafficked thread whose only responsibility is to summarize them every 10-20 pages tia

it would be unironically good if, for example, the succ zone got together once per month to collate the links they bookmarked, tweets they saved, etc. from that thread. it could be any high traffic thread, and doesn't have to be done once per month, just throwing that out as an example.

maybe opening a google doc at the end of the month and asking people in the thread to edit it stuff into it would work

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'magining summarizing the trolp theard every 10-20 pages and dying vicariously, shaking my fist at the stars as i shout out the german word for this exact situation

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Syenite posted:

to summarize, click last page and start posting.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Crane Fist posted:

:golfclap: Good work mods. Keep cracking down on these shitlibs.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!
the thing about tarot, astronomy, etc, is that both sides are "right." they are a direct line to the primal source of human intellect. it just happens to be that the primal source of human intellect is finding meaningful patterns in white noise. they're fundamentally collections of symbols hooked up to random number generators. that's why they work: the act of applying random bullshit to our own life is where the actual insight occurs in much of our daily experience. it's a random set of constraints aligned with an arrangement of fundamentally recognizable symbols meant to prompt reflection on the subject at hand.

this seems miraculously insightful because the human mind is precisely that.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
more so it's a fun thing our posting pal CC is doing and if you don't like it and you don't even post here you can gently caress the hell off

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019

Hodgepodge posted:

the thing about tarot, astronomy, etc, is that both sides are "right." they are a direct line to the primal source of human intellect. it just happens to be that the primal source of human intellect is finding meaningful patterns in white noise. they're fundamentally collections of symbols hooked up to random number generators. that's why they work: the act of applying random bullshit to our own life is where the actual insight occurs in much of our daily experience. it's a random set of constraints aligned with an arrangement of fundamentally recognizable symbols meant to prompt reflection on the subject at hand.

this seems miraculously insightful because the human mind is precisely that.

tarot cards themselves aren't arbitrary like the numbers in a random number generator

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!

Its Chocolate posted:

tarot cards themselves aren't arbitrary like the numbers in a random number generator

yes, they provide the symbols along with any meaning assigned in advance to the positions the cards are placed in. the shuffling of the deck provides the very basic pseudorandom process which arranges them in any of n possible combinations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
checking in on the cspam mod feedback thread again to see what these crazy fucks are up to... drat its hard to stomach at times, but someone has to do this

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This forum has 500 moderators

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

smarxist posted:

more so it's a fun thing our posting pal CC is doing and if you don't like it and you don't even post here you can gently caress the hell off

Yeah it's cool as hell even if I've had nothing but good news happening since getting the bad news card

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crane Fist posted:

hmm i don’t see u giving us free tarot readings. :thunk:

can we just ban this idiot fucker from CSPAM already, his unchill angryposting is toxic and bad

the tarots own, by the way.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Crane Fist posted:

lol at this probe

there should be less probations for dumb poo poo in general, in my opinion, and whether someone likes or dislikes tarot cards is dumb poo poo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'll divine some entrails later for cspam

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
as soon as i figure out where to buy entrails and how to afford them. do they still do layaway ?

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Fly Molo posted:

the tarots own, by the way.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Finicums Wake posted:

lol at this probe

there should be less probations for dumb poo poo in general, in my opinion, and whether someone likes or dislikes tarot cards is dumb poo poo

its 6 hours, find something else to do

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
3/4 of the probes in cspam are completely arbitrary, post at your peril

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Finicums Wake posted:

lol at this probe

there should be more probes for posts like this imo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

puve posted:

This forum has access to 500 moderators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!
i'm just using this as a general chat thread now tbh

i assume there is one but it isn't stickied and there are new replies in this thread

e: while i love the tarot thing, if there is no general chat thread at the moment i am willing to make one and leave this one to its intended purpose (tarot readings) on the following condition: that i am under no obligation to put any effort into the OP.
e2: i may, at my discretion (if my high keeps up long enough) write a op in the form of a charter declaring posters therein to be freegoons on the forums and the thread a common good owned by all who post therein

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 07:30 on Dec 30, 2020