Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

From my non-gambler perspective, isn't there a decent chance someone won big because of this as well? Isn't the whole point that the money is roughly equal on either side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

That’s the intention but it’s bookmaking not parimutuel like (US) horse racing so it can be heavily weighted one way or another if the book sets it wrong. I doubt that happens much these days but who knows.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info!

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Ravens really just got "healthy" just to beat the Browns and are now falling back apart. Sigh.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/Giants/status/1339567549768491012?s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Colt, Jabrill, and Freddie going all out against the Browns is a hell of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

AndrewP posted:

Feast your eyes on the ideal AFC playoff picture. Main thing is that Houston needs to beat Tennessee for this to happen (along with Pittsburgh beating Cleveland)

Ravens get the Pittsburgh rematch as a five seed, and a great chance for Tennessee or Cleveland to win and have to take KC first.

As a Browns fan I'm totally fine with facing Indy.