Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
hi thread. Ill post pics soon but I have some questions about my existing plants, all sourced from big box stores. golden pothos, a "common ivy", a ZZ plant, snake plant, a ruby rubber fig plant, a swiss cheese monstera.

something in common with all these, from what i understand, is that they're newbie friendly dont don't require direct light, which is nice, because my brightly lit room has no direct light coming in. but my question today is regarding watering.I had an initial batch of plants that I neglected to water because I was scared of making the mistake of overwatering. trying to correct this overcorrection, im now a little worried about how much I should be watering them. various plants-101 guides ive read say things along the lines such as: a deep watering sparingly done is better than frequent tiny watering, wait till the soil dries out completely. are these applicable to the plants I currently have? is there a danger of watering them too much during that "deep watering"? My ZZ plant is doing well, but the soil seems to be completely dry now. im scared of soaking it outside, putting it back in its container, then the water never evaporating/getting absorbed indoors because there's too much of it or something.

i'm probably overthinking it but I'd like this round of plants to survive this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

What the h*ck is growing from my snake plant?

Also why do some of my snake pant leaves have wrinkles?