Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Finished Alphabet squad a few weeks ago and haven’t really read since, dunno why it hit me. Was a huge reader when I was young, could eat a book a day and just stopped in middle school, all those 90s Star Wars books back then. Now in my late 30s been rereading them before bed. But poo poo alpha just broke me. No heroes but in a real way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Just finished Shadows of the Empire, swear it was longer but might just be my brain filling in stuff with the game on 64. Anyway couldn’t think of what to read next soooooo decided to reread the vong series for first time since 2002.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

This was a repost from the last thread but it's a pretty good breakdown of the story was split across the multimedia project and has an interview with one of the game devs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsmE_hoNsI

Holy poo poo just remembered I have a couple Shadows comics locked away

I’ll dig em out for a pic, they gotta be worth $20 by now

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Got this in the mail over the weekend, it’s a signed oversized card from 20+ years ago.

Badass
I was going thru some old boxes of stuff and found this, it’s prolly been in that case for 20 years now

I know the rest of the rares I saved are in another one of the boxes somewhere

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Make D’harhan canon again!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m in the middle of Traitor, yup I’m reading the whole series again.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

fartknocker posted:

I just finished the NJO as a conclusion to an absurdly long reread of much of the old EU that took three loving years. It was the first time I’d done the entire series start to finish, as I knew the overall plot but hadn’t read all 19 books, and I gotta say, I generally liked it overall. It wasn’t perfect by any means, but I think it ultimately came together okay enough for my dumb Star Wars loving brain.

I have no interest in doing any of the stuff set after it anytime soon (Except a reread of Mercy Kill, cause Aaron Allston + Wraiths is always good).

Hahahaha no poo poo? I’m halfway thru the last book

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hahahaha, Reading Champions of the Force and ghost Luke using toddler rear end Jacen to kill two headed bat birds(with badass scorpion tails) with a lightsaber. Wtf is going on

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Picked up the 2017 Thrawn for $3 bucks, liking it so far. Only post Disney stuff I’ve read was Alphabet Squad and really loved that.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Book 2 of the Bounty Hunter Wars…….Christ this is a slog. Bring back gun head guy

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Need a book finished the new Thrawns other week….and I’m not finishing Bounty Hunter wars. Which ones are when Jacen goes Sith?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

What are some the better new ones? Read Thrawn and Alphabet already.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

If you enjoyed Alphabet Squadron then Battlefront: Twilight Company is by the same author and is a more military sci-fi take on the Rebellion than the normal space opera.

I love imperial naval based stuff (was debating Star Wars or starting the Master and Commander books) and this seems right up my alley

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 23, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I have a Woody Harrelson LEGO, Thanks Star Wars!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Poor Winter