Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Is it wrong that I loving love the Thrawn Ascendancy trilogy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Ben Kenobi, space racist

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ScottyJSno posted:

Does Asoka explicitly know that Padme was Luke's father? I mean it might be pretty obvious in retrospect, but I didn't watch any clone cartoons. Maybe Padme managed to keep it on the down low. Like she wanted to.

I didn't know that Padme was Luke's Father. Man that scene in ESB was weird

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

It is hilarious just from how much of a loving naked grift it is.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Cross-Section posted:

Still some of the most underrated modern canon books imo

I'm waiting for the flight sim that lets us listen to trashy alien punk on our B-Wing's 8-track :cool:

Squadrons?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

All this Xizor Thrawn talk makes me think of Solo's 11, even though neither actually show in it

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

But everyone knows the Legends timeline ended in 2003 with ‘New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force’? :confused:

False. Mercy Kill exists

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Mercy Kill is set after LOTF, ties into it pretty heavily, and suffers for it. It has its good points, but really gets dragged down by association with one the worst series.

On the other hand, middle aged gamoreon strip show and yes that's an actual highlight.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Arquinsiel posted:

The timeline stops in 140 ABY. The comics kept breaking new ground long after the novels had given up and gone back to "what if Han Solo... before he met Luke... did a heist?" forever.

Hey that's not fair.

He did the heist right after ANH

(I like Solo's11 ok?)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I finally finally read Specter of the Past and it is hilarious how Zann shits over the shittiest parts of the EU. Can't wait to read Visions of the Future. Hope it continues

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I mean Dad Batch did show Kaminoans had some colony worlds with cloning facilities too like on a gas giant planet.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hey, dunno if I asked this, but what's the thread's thoughts on Solo's 11 Scoundrels.

I, personally, really enjoy it. It has enough Zahn-isms, but no character is really omnipowerful and omnipotent. Also, lol at the reference to another Lucas/Ford movie.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

One of the funny things about Scoundrels is it moves the beginning of the Han/Lando feud even closer to ESB. Originally it seems like it was implied that losing the Falcon to Han was the start, then Crispin has the Ylesia liberation end up with all the smugglers Han brought in getting ripped off, then a comic has it be the Yavin Vassilika affair start it. Zahn has Lando kind of, if not forgive him for these past issues, at least grit his teeth because he needs some money.

But it makes ESB even better character wise. From Han's POV Lando had forgiven him for a lot of bullshit over the years so I am sure he will this time now that I am in serious poo poo. From Lando's POV is that it's a piling up of all of Han's BS and now this final one is threatening to destroy his home and community he build by himself and all he loves.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So a side note of connecting everything, the female sith in Dark Forces 2, Serris, was retconned to be Cronal's daughter.

And then it gets seriously gross and lovely.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

NGL, I do want the plotthread with the grysk to be followed up on

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Wait are Krytos Trap and Bacta already out re-released? gently caress I need to get them

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

Meanwhile Luke finds a wayfinder compass that led him to Exegol Ahch-To in the death star ruins a hidden Empire observatory in Battlefront II, so it's not like it's a new plot point either

So basically, the Emperor knew about Ahch-To, and didn't send a star destroyer to just freaking purge it and all the Jedi stuff there? Or loot it?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

It might've already been purged/looted, hence why the compass was in storage

Given Palps' interest in reaching the World Between Worlds, I wouldn't be surprised if he thought the compass itself was a key to a gateway, but when it just led to another temple (and only that temple, as each compass was tuned to a specific point in hyperspace) he stored it away

But then in TLJ we see that, nope, the Tree Temple full of all the Jedi books is basically untouched?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

From Star Wars Rebels (shown very briefly in S1, but not named or expanded on until S4)

Short version is time travel, long version is Palpatine wants in so he can become all-powerful and gets denied

It can be used to see and alter past events, although there's the possibility of throwing things out of whack if you meddle too much, but it's only been used once in canon, and will likely show up again in the Ahsoka series

lol if they use it to retcon the sequel trilogy.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Of course it is. There is no Dash Rendar.

At least Q'ira doesn't emit date rape hormones

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Looks like both Outbound Flight and Survivor’s Quest are coming to the Essential Legends Collection on August 15th. Which should mean unabridged audiobooks.

That leaves Choices of One, I think, as the only Zahn book without an unabridged audio version, and they’ll probably get around to it eventually.

Well that's ironic. My 3d printer outbound flight model arrived today

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

gently caress I need to change my av

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

fartknocker posted:

I just finished the NJO as a conclusion to an absurdly long reread of much of the old EU that took three loving years. It was the first time I’d done the entire series start to finish, as I knew the overall plot but hadn’t read all 19 books, and I gotta say, I generally liked it overall. It wasn’t perfect by any means, but I think it ultimately came together okay enough for my dumb Star Wars loving brain.

I have no interest in doing any of the stuff set after it anytime soon (Except a reread of Mercy Kill, cause Aaron Allston + Wraiths is always good).

Yeah, Mercy Kill is what I consider the end point of the entire EU.

Also, man, which books still hold up from NJO, and which are as trash as I think. Pretty sure Traitor is still gold standard, and of course the Allston duology

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

What about count poop aka Darth Tyrannus

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

He also had Luke explicitly condone torture for information because it would save lives.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I argue she was always that. Case in point, her Gears of Wars books....

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Robot Style posted:

From what I can tell, there were a few different versions of the story that evolved over the years:

[list]
[*]The initial movie version, written by Hossein Amini and directed by Stephen Daldry. This one would have been about Obi-Wan protecting Luke on Tatooine while trying to negotiate tensions between moisture farmers and the native Tuskens. Given how much modern Star Wars likes to cannibalize unused concepts and ideas, I wonder if any of the Tatooine stuff from The Mandalorian or Book of Boba Fett was originally conceived for this movie. A sequence where Farmers and Tuskens have to work together to fend off a Krayt Dragon seems like something that would work as the climax to a smaller-scale movie like this.

Wasn't that the season 2 opener for the Mandalorian?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Chairman Capone posted:

A number of places are reporting that the Galactic Starcruiser is going to close permanently this September. Han and Leia got their honeymoon in just in time!

Lol.

Holy poo poo Disney. Just from start to finish this was bad. Can't wait for the defunctland on jt

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Aren't the villains of the 2nd arc literally called the diversity alliance? How ahead of the time to make an enemy of woke.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

General Battuta posted:

Shouldn't it be Aurabesh Squadron. Now that I've noticed this it's going to bother me forever!

No it shouldn't. Alphabet/=language.

For instance here om Earth we say, for example, the Japanese Alphabet or the Roman Alphabet etc.

Alphabet is more a collection of letters instead of a language

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Slowly raises hand.

It's an ubisoft open world game.

Get excited for the sequel cause that's when it will not suck ( see Ac, watch dogs, etc.)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jazerus posted:

yeah the new republic is basically still facing a peer opponent until zsinj goes down a few years after thrawn. until they grabbed kuat there was always somebody able to mount up a credible threat on the back of its shipyards

Didn't Zsinj go down before Thrawn came back?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Arbite posted:

We're the final Ackbar v Pellaeon campaigns before Spectre of the Past ever detailed?

I think only in essential guides. Which included the only so far known SSD on SSD battle where Pellaeon roughed up Wedge on the Lusankya

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I mean I think she or another author implied he had a bastard kid but like that also happened in NJO.

Basically Pelleon can get it

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Rochallor posted:

code:
HAN SOLO: It's true... all of it. The blobstacle course, the Mofference, the guy with lightsaber knees...

What about fist fighting a giant otter?

Or the space cop loving one?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Ceebees posted:

Yeah it was pretty tragically hilarious how the ffg dogfighting tabletop game just gave up on the new trilogy giving them anything to work with after ep VIII.

....they didn't tho? Like the resistance ywing and tie whisper are from 9 and while published by AMG, we're clearly designed by ffg

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Anyone else expecting that when Ahsoka ends they'll drop an announcement of a Zahn book detailing what the gently caress Thrawn did in those ten years of exile?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Not that many, though. Merrin and Morgan, sure. And the three Mothers here, but they were in another galaxy, can't exactly fault GG for that one.

Am I missing any?

Asajj and Mother Talzin

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Also I am willing to bet Disney made more money off book sales then they did the hotel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Arquinsiel posted:

"kink in her cervical mount" just means "pain in her neck".

Kinky