Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

General Battuta posted:

Except we're not allowed to call it the Imperial Starfleet, despite that being the term from the Empire Strikes Back opening crawl, because it's too Star Trek.

? It was called that on Mandalorian earlier this season.

Also the new Thrawn prequel was pretty good, definitely doesn't revisit overfamiliar locales, drops Thrawn's middling inner monologues and revisits one of the scenes from Alliances to hilarious effect. It does do back and forth timeskips, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

Huh, I had no idea about that either. Funny the little things that pop up like that.

On kind of a similar note I've been rewatching the original Clone Wars series since it's on Disney Plus now and I'd forgotten how many EU things are in that. Mon Calamari obviously but I had forgotten that Ilum and Muunilinst were prior EU inventions too, and even its depiction of Dantooine is pretty in-line with its earlier EU imaging.

Also kind of funny to see Ilum knowing it becomes Starkiller Base, or that the first General Grievous episode is set around a crashed star destroyer on a desert planet. And even just in general a ton of stuff that the 3D Clone Wars clearly used as a basis for their own episodes.

Actually outside of the Star Wars links I'd also say the last season of Samurai Jack feels like it drew from some of the Clone Wars action scenes, too.

The tension and palpable (hah) menace that show had for its final three episodes were a real achievement. The change in tone and quality from the first episodes is amazing.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 16, 2021

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEVrdwZ9bEk

Tie Fighter's been remastered and drat does it look good!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/tie-fighter-total-conversion-tftc

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

The Populists are blatantly the Democrats too, what with being so good that they won't even think about maybe possibly being prepared to fight back against the First Order even a little, and just write strongly worded memos to the Senators with shrines to the Empire in their office.

Yeah, the very Americanization of the Disney New Republic was my least favourite NEU thing.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is it wrong that I loving love the Thrawn Ascendancy trilogy?

I enjoyed them, and was very happy the series finished with a bigass fleet action after so many smaller engagements. Zahn is so drat good at writing those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

We're the final Ackbar v Pellaeon campaigns before Spectre of the Past ever detailed?