Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Did the Rookie One dude from the Rebel Assault games become a Jedi too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Xenomrph posted:

Joke’s on you, all the names I made up are UNSC names. Or are they??

I don’t know what the Culture is :saddowns:

Culture novels and short stories by Iain M. Banks. Good stuff check em out.

"The machine intelligences called Minds (and, as a consequence, the Culture starships that they inhabit) usually bear names that do a little more than just identify them. The Minds choose their own names, and thus they usually express something about a particular Mind's attitude, character or aims in their personal life. Warship names are similar in retaining the whimsical nature, though the humour tends to be more cynical and threatening."

Samples

Irregular Apocalypse
No More Mr Nice Guy
Nervous Energy
Trade Surplus
Little Rascal
So Much For Subtlety
Unfortunate Conflict Of Evidence
Of Course I Still Love You
Gunboat Diplomat
Anticipation Of A New Lover's Arrival, The
I Blame Your Mother

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Chairman Capone posted:

If I remember right, this was supposed to be shown in the comic but the series was canceled early (in what feels now like a kind of soft-reset that Dark Horse did in 1998/99 to pave the way for the prequel tie-ins). The idea was that going to be part of a tie-in miniseries to Zahn's later Thrawn books that would show how Baron Fel was recruited by Thrawn, but that also never came about.

I could have sworn that one of the Thrawn books or in a comic, they explicitly said they cloned Fel for the TIE fighter corps. Or am misremembering books and comics I last read 10+ years ago?

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Anshu posted:

That was in the Hand of Thrawn duology, where a group of Fel clones had been planted as sleeper agents on a remote agricultural world, and then when their wakeup signal came they decided to defect to the New Republic because they loved farming too much.

That's the stuff. Thanks.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Rochallor posted:

I vaguely remember some kind of droid rights organization appearing in the background of one of the goofier Bantam-era novels, though I have no way of pinning down which one it was. Probably one of the KJA ones?

The Courtship of Princess Leia posted:

[At a session of the Alderaanian Council]
'Councilman Horm?' See-Threepio's voice cut through the council room. Leia turned, saw the golden droid standing on tiptoe and waving from the back of the room excitedly. 'Oh, Councilman Horm, may I address the council?'

What?' Horm asked in disdain. 'Let a droid address the council?'

Leia smiled inwardly. The droid rights lobbyists would have a field day with that comment. It might well be the first nail in the coffin for Horm's political career. Leia stood quickly. 'He may only be a counselor droid, but I think we should let him speak!'

There was grumbled assent from the general assembly, along with deafening cheers from the forest of media droids in the back.

'I, I, I see nothing wrong with that!' Horm sputtered, waving his arms. 'I yield the podium to, to, tothat droid!'

The media droids cheered and Threepio walked up to the podium, scanning the crowd on his left and right as he did so.

That was the most I ever remember them dipping into, other than Droid manufacturing worlds going rogue thanks to IG-88 or Kueller.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Eat your heart out lightsaber knees guy, there is a new sheriff in town. Lightsaber umbrella guy...

https://twitter.com/JordanMaison/status/1427621095088263178?s=19

Trailer:
https://youtu.be/lle0NNmvIyU

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
I am sitting with my 9 year old Japanese son in Japan building Lego Star Wars like you do, and he out of the blue asks me in Japanese...

"What is Palpatine son's name again?"

I am thinking from Rise of the Skywalker. So I say I don't know. My son says,

"No, the guy with three eyes."

I stop stunned. And say "huh?" My son continues...

"With one eye on the back of his head."

I stammer "Triclops?"

My son's face lights lights up, "Yeah! Trioculus was the fake one with the Moff."

Mystified as to where my son learned this forbidden knowledge in Japanese in Japan, I asked him...

"I read it in a book from the school library."

So school age children in Japan have access to Bantam era Star Wars character encyclopedias that have been translated in Japanese. :psyboom:

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Rochallor posted:

Yeah, KJA is a bad writer, but he does as least keep things moving. The Crystal Star is the worst, but you've got books and entire trilogies where literally nothing happens.

gently caress re-canonizing Clone Wars or Zahn nonsense.

If I were Filoni, I would have Boba Fett meet a certain extragalactic goo pile in the new series. :c00lbert:

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Does Asoka explicitly know that Padme was Luke's father? I mean it might be pretty obvious in retrospect, but I didn't watch any clone cartoons. Maybe Padme managed to keep it on the down low. Like she wanted to.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
I always thought Fey'lya had a point in opposing the Leia in the New Republic.

He was a young man during the Clone Wars and in his frame of reference the Jedi were a bunch superpowered warlords.

Now as the New Republic starts to take form the most powerful block's leader, Mon Mothma, seems to want to help bring them back from the ashes. Seeming only surounding herself with humans.

And there are no term limits! She is in power for the first 7 years of the New Republic.

Furthmore it turns of the New Order Jedi Wizards Pope's sister is The chosen succeser of the that power block. And she has been spending time being brain washed at the Jedi Vatican.

And she is more or less in power for the next 6 years. Oh yeah and she is the daughter of Space Hitler.

The entire time she is in power she is constantly having her children or husband kidnapped.

#MNRGA
#Make New Republic Great Again
#Let's go Oregano-Ginko

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

NikkolasKing posted:

....since when were the Jedi space warlords in the Clone Wars?

They were disposable generals in an army that were in fact disposed of. They had no real power either as seen by one man's decision to lop off the head of the chancellor because the chancellor had all the power.

The Jedi's entire history is "the Republic is in danger, we better save their dumb asses." Except in KOTOR when it was more like Revan will save their dumb asses.

And you think the Emperor let that be the public narrative?

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
I think she also had the idea in her novels that there wasn't as many Droids in the separatist droid army too. - The war was a false flag on both sides and only her pet Mary Sue clone group saw the whole picture, because Jedi are Nazis or something. I don't remember.

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 22, 2022

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
What was the children of the Jedi reference? I must have missed it.

It really is possibly the best Star Wars has been.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Am I remembering right that Corran, Gavin, and Rookie One all became Jedi?

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats interesting is reading the late old canon refference poo poo(last chronology and guide to warfair). they basicaly make alot of remaining civil war happen int fits and starts, the empire is mostly murdering each other or striking out impotently and then every other year or so some warlord would gather a fleet or some uncovered weapon and go on a tear before getting killed. most of the war basicaly ends after thrawn. Weekend at sheevs lasts maybe a couple months/year. the rest of the stuff is various crisis like that Kueller rear end in a top hat or the Space Imperial japan barrakka people.

When you elect space Hitler's daughter space president all the time poo poo is going to get done. :colbert:

That is if she isn't the cause of the crisis because her children or husband are getting kidnapped. Or her space Pope brother became space Hitler again. Or she willingly flew into extream danger in >60 year old space truck.

I am going to vote for Fey'lya.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
https://twitter.com/SCentralized/status/1679360205589565440?t=bB9KY5RdGVtsR_c8Jyed1Q&s=19

I don't know if imbedded tweets are still hosed posted:

Dave Filoni says that #Ahsoka    is not loosely adapting the Thrawn Trilogy, as many fans have surmised, but is in fact an adaptation of The Glove of Darth Vader.

Source: Deadline

it is a dumb joke I fell for

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
https://twitter.com/bryaneward/status/1705668788337750092?t=Z7sMo5UNg6_FfzFHVPwr4A&s=19