Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

A certain subset of nerds is gonna be Big Mad about Light of the Jedi -- all three Weird Hyperspace Things introduced in the sequel trilogy get used

The Holdo maneuver, Light Skipping, and what else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

Also, BOY does the author go out of his way to describe the lightsabers of these various Jedi in intricate detail.

It's like there was a checklist of "things Star Wars nerds like" and they just tried to fill in the blanks. And/or sell SaberForge products.

On the plus-side, it canonized different saber colors again afaik??? :toot: Golden-yellow and white are back on the menu. I know yellow had been canon from the Clone Wars series iirc, but only for very specific roles of Jedi.

I thought those colors were back in thanks to Rey/Temple Guardians and Ahsoka, respectively.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

star wars ships travel at the speed of plot

This is all it really is. There’s no real thought into it other than “this will be so awesome on screen!” (see: light skipping, jumping to light speed inside an atmosphere, and the aforementioned latest speed boost).

And it is awesome. Until you start to think about it for even a moment. Then it’s dumb but awesome.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Cross-Section posted:

Keep in mind that this is Luke's second attempt at an apprentice after Leia lol

Is it? We don’t really know how far after ROTJ this takes place, right?

They also explicitly state Grogu would be his first student.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
It’s in dress rehearsals now, apparently.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
The first “proper” trailer for Obi-Wan Kenobi dropped today.

https://youtu.be/TWTfhyvzTx0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ususally i am not either but yeah makes sense.

i do think people want a star wars FPS. its just who knows.

Well, they could just go back to the classics.

https://youtu.be/3ndr_cPvwvo?si=LYDZFyLIJCpkFcJF